MMA Corner 16: Rashad Evans, UFC 158 Press Conference & More!!!

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by LungZzZ, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Decent Press Conference though there are some hard to bare French parts.
    Lets move on to a different corner, a man who has cut his ties with the UFC,
    Rampage Jackson:

[​IMG]
    In another corner, we have a head strong 9-0 Chris Weidman
    ( Knocking out Munoz with an Elbow in his previous fight )
    again making his stake at Silva and his belt:

[​IMG]

WE can't forget about Frank Edgar's corner either,
    he talks about the good transition he's had to Featherweight:

[​IMG]

Rounding this corner (daaa) Rashad Evans still has thoughts about the Middleweight Division,
    here they are:

[​IMG]

Your thoughts on these fighters?
    Anyone think Frank is beating Aldo?
    Did you watch the Press Conference?
    test
  2. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

haven't got a chance to watch the press conference yet since i am at work.

yeah the ufc is becoming like the wwf in that it is really the only superpower. but at the end of the day the superpower gets challenged like the wwe is now

weidman needs to sit down already. he is very impressive, but he's talking about the best fighter in the world. he beat a sloppy munoz, calm down dude your 28 you have time

i keep going back and forth about edgar and aldo. i wish i could see him fight at this weight before seeing how it treats him. im leaning toward edgar bcuz i dont think aldo can last with frankie

i want to see anderson knock out rashad!
    test
  3. LungZzZ

^I really don't want to see Evans dropped,
    but if he survived Jones onslaught I'm hoping he'll have luck on his side again if he ever does see Anderson in the Octagon.

But I'm with you on the Aldo/Frank fight in a sense.
    FOR what ever reason after Frank vs Gray II I became a big of Edgar,
    I really want to see him win.

ALDO is too beastly in the stand up realm though.
    MOVE UP to LW already.
    test
  4. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

Only reason Evans didn't get knocked out is because Jones was content to play patty cake with his face. That shit was like watching a Cat toying with a ball of yarn.

Evans has skills but he gets too confident and abandons his wrestling, which is stupid because his chin is damn near glass.

I don't really have a horse in the Aldo v Edgar fight but Edgar fans have definitely been annoying as fuck believing in his whole "rocky" story. Fact is the dude's skillset isn't well rounded enough for him to ever dominate a division. He does as well as he does based on speed and boxing and while that's fine for now every year is going to slow him down. Moving down elongated his career but taking on Aldo, who arguably has the power of a legit LW isn't going to help.
    test
  5. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

let rashad try that cocky stuff dropping his hands and walking off and he will get dropped.

how is frankie not well rounded? nobody has dominate this guy
    test
  6. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

He doesn't have to be well rounded to avoid getting dominated.

The strength of his performance comes from his speed and boxing prowess. But the dude has 3 subs in his career and only one of em since being in the UFC. He wins by using his wheels to stay out of trouble and using his boxing to outpoint in the standing. Anytime the striking exchanges are anywhere near close, his speed allows him to get the takedowns to get him the rounds. Once he's on the ground he doesn't put himself into positions to GnP the win, nor does he get himself into positions to successfully apply subs.

Now, his relying on his speed and boxing isn't bad so long as he still has it. But similarly to Lidell relying on his striking accuracy and KO power... eventually your skills start to dull and it makes the holes in your game bigger. The same thing will happen to Jones eventually if he doesn't learn to use his reach effectively when he's striking. Eventually his athleticism won't be enough to make up for his mistakes and he'll get caught up. Of course, Jones is so young that won't happen for awhile. However Edgar has been in the game for a minute.. and fights like the Maynard trilogy and the first fight against Benson are going to wear him down faster than he otherwise would have with just age.
    test
  7. LungZzZ

I feel like your mentioning Rashad's problem before he fought Lyoto.
    When he fought Lyoto, he was high in confidence in his hands,
    but once he saw it wasn't going his way, I feel if anything he got scared,
    same thing in the Jones fight...I didn't see the normal Rashad come out,
    he seemed scared to take the fight to some areas.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.