{MMA Corner 13}: [Dan Henderson & Fight-Announcemetnt]

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by LungZzZ, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

last MMA Corner 13 Update

Stephan Bonnar, 35 years old, has decided to call it a quit on his MMA Career.
    After compiling a 15-8 record, Bonnar is officially retiring from MMA.

[​IMG]
    Major respect goes Bonnar's way,
    shout out to Silva for retiring the TUF standout.

Jon Jones vs Anderson Silva? Seems impossible? GSP vs Silva in the way?
    Here is what UFC President Dana White has to say:

[​IMG]
    Lastly, though not being his usual Asshole self,
    Chael clears some light on the Jones situation,
    in regards to the apparent 'beef' between himself and Hendo:

[​IMG]
    test
  2. Makabreli

Makabreli done

Contrary to what it may look like on TV, this guy (Jones) is pretty darn good

ha.

also, dana has said that they tried to get Fedor for at least one more fight, but he's fully retired.
    test
  3. LungZzZ

Dana gets way more slack then he should! Man tries!
    test
  4. LungZzZ

Hendo on the Jones/Sonnen Situation.

Before I get to what Hendo has to say,
    why do people make it seem like
    Spike(when they had the UFCs name)/Fox/Fuel/FX aren't a big part of the UFCs brand...

Understand the hardcore MMA fan is the one that first got the PPVs...
    Aside from seeing them drunk at a bar.
    WE need the local cable UFC networks to have marketable fighters as well,
    not just Carwins and Nelsons, two guys we know will never be champions,
    one a past Steroid abuser and one my dad seems to be in better shape than.

Sonnen vs Jones doesn't make too much sense, but the coaching slots do.
    What is wrong with ratings, it doesn't hurt the integrity of the sport,
    when ALREADY what Brock has done is what Hendo is saying...
    People have been saying for years Lesnar didn't deserve the shot, blah blah blah,
    and before Lesnar it was someone else.
    UFC is about the FANS, and the MONEY.
    THEY want the BIGGEST fights there are,
    and sometimes HUMANS aren't good enough to earn that spot themselves,
    so the UFC has the power to throw you to the lions.

[​IMG]
    test
  5. LungZzZ

BIG PICTURE:

Sonnen takes a BIG L here and I doubt we see him in a title shot for A LONG TIME,
    IF he doesn't just choose to retire...
    test
  6. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

I mean, the LHW has always seemed to recieve weird title shots. After Shogun beat rusty Coleman and became the third person in a row to knock out Chuck he was given a title shot. While he won it afterwards, that shit is bizarre. When Rashad got injured they pushed him back further and further in line because they felt they had to make Jones defend his title NOW. They were going to give Shogun a title shot after beating Vera. They were talking about giving Machida a title shot and from my understanding he actually turned it down because he didn't have a full training camp. They offered Shogun too and I'm sure others as well. They asked all of these people who fans were claiming more deserving and they said no. With little prep Sonnen called out Jones. Say what you want "Waaaaah, he's talking his way into a shot" He did what no one else has done, and that's calling out the arguably best fighter right now without preparation, and when they later offered him a shot that no one else has wanted, he did what he should have, and accepted.

It's not a shot he deserves yet tbh, but all the people that did were declining. They should have at the very least made Chael fight a number one contender match between him and whoever else is considered next in line. I mean, what are you going to do? Just sit and wait until they are ready to grow some balls? Chael has gotten all these "unfair shots" and more importantly he is supposedly an "easy win" for anyone with any kind of fighting skill, so why in the fucking fuck aren't there all these people beggin for a fight with Sonnen? Why aren't people in a god damn line to get this easy win that will get them all of this attention? Don't say it's because they feel it isn't worth their time, because that doesn't make any sense. A fight with Sonnen at this point is likely to mean a much more than decent paycheck attached, and an "easy" win over someone who has won multiple rounds against the p4p king would make you look great in the eyes of the UFC. Actual answer: because the fighters aren't as stupid as some of the fans.

Also I see Sonnen's coaching experience really opening people's eyes this next season. People have convinced themselves that Sonnen is a fighter without a skill set and knowledge of what is going on in there, and that, friends, is a complete fallacy.
    test
  7. Makabreli

Makabreli done

they made the fight because its two of their biggest ppv draws and the ultimate fighter needs a shot in the arm

dana is pretending to punish guys like machida and shogun who make SLIGHTLY more sense because they turned it down on short notice, ignoring the fact that the two were starched by Jones before with more time to prepare so logically they'd want more time to ya know, not get fucking starched again

im not completely against this fight though. my biggest beef is that when chael loses, chael is done. he isn't getting a third shot at mw crown and he's using up his lhw chance. he's about to get rich franklin'd in two divisions, and nobody will give a shit about him anymore.
    test
  8. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

punishing hendo and machida is bullshit

especially hendo

he at least has a shitty reason to punish machida - he understandably didn't come through on short notice

but hendo? injury forces him out of the fight and he loses his shot

not like there are loads of contenders in line for jones, just give him the fight
    test
  9. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

I agree that Henderson is the rightful number one contender. I don't even like that they made other people fight ahead of Evans when he earned the shot.
    test
  10. Makabreli

Makabreli done

hendo is a coach now for chael's tuf team

can't help but have a small feeling they're up to something.

[​IMG]
    test
  11. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

This ain't the damn playoffs.

Title fights have to be entertaining or ratings will be shit.

Sport teams have loyal fans, fighters don't.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.