"MM3 will sell more than saigon's album" - Budden responds to Saigon and Ransom

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Nimrod, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nimrod

Nimrod Nimi Hendrix

For most unsigned artist attention is something you crave, and a buzz is something you work towards, but former Def Jam recording artist Joe Budden is no regular unsigned artist. It is for this reason that despite Budden's recent release from Def Jam, he has been in the headlines more than ever. If he isn’t talking about his break up with Def Jam, he's discussing his beef with underground rapper "Ransom", or what seems to be a budding beef with New York rapper Saigon.

In a recent interview with Hip Hop Game, Budden say's that his new mixtape "Mood Musik will probably sell more than Saigon’s debut album." Looks like Budden might be in the headlines a little longer.

”When it’s time for the album to come out, Saigon will learn the hard way. I’ll probably sell more of Mood Musik than Saigon will sell of his album, and that’s realistically speaking. Don’t get it fucked up. I have all the love and respect in the world for Saigon as an artist, but once you try to discredit me, you should at least try to get the facts straight." Said Joe.

In response to a blog Saigon posted on his myspace page, where he stated that he was going to "Smack the Earth Wind and Fire" out of Budden, because of a BET freestyle that Budden did where Saigon felt targeted, Joe said:

“When I made the line, I wasn’t trying to diss him and it’s unfortunate that he took it that way. And however he wants to handle it from this point on, we can handle it that way." He also said “I don’t really give two shits about this. If he wants to approach me, that’s fine with me. If he wants to talk about this civilly, that’s fine with me also. If he wants to handle this on wax, that’s fine with me also."

Despite some of the remarks Budden did say that he respected Saigon as an artist and did not have a problem with him.

During the interview Buddens also discussed underground rapper Ransoms third diss track titled "The End of Joe Budden" where Ransom vehemently calls Budden gay.

Despite the track Buddens stated that he would not bother coming out with another track responding “I don’t blame him. I blame his engineer and I blame his entourage for that. When you’re trying to discredit somebody and battle somebody, repeating yourself for five minutes at the end of the record doesn’t really get the job done, especially when you’re calling somebody gay. When you’re doing that you sound like Wendy Williams.

That’s like when you’re in elementary school and kids tell mother jokes. Ransom knows that I’m not gay. That’s something so childish that I won’t even dignify that. Ransom knows the caliber of females that I keep around. He used to ask me for advice about how I did it. On the second diss record, I had a girlfriend that everyone was trying to fuck. Then on the third record, I’m a faggot or I’m bisexual. You’re confusing me, Ransom.

Budden went on to say that he holds no grudges against Ransom personally but that he would "never work with him again"

Mood Musik 3 is slated to be released December, 2007

i guess it has a legitimate release date, so he'l make some $

i actually agree about MM3 selling more
    saigon hasnt gotten any more buzz than he had 4 yrs ago
    the dudes who bump his mixtapes will buy the bootlegs
    test
  2. MeSko

MeSko I love Fat Chicks

and yet budden will still less then anyone else

good job

its like me saying i can benchpress more then a 10 year old.. big fucking deal... by MM4 he'll probabaly be saying he can outsell someone on here
    test
  3. ~OMagic~

~OMagic~ Well-Known Member

Last time Budden bragged about selling more records than somebody, the dude ended up demolishing Budden sales, lol.

That wont happen this time though, and it doesnt even matter though. Saigon and Budden are both irrelevant at this point in time.
    test
  4. Screech

Screech I came, I saw, I conquere

saigon > budden
    test
  5. Rogue-Reiser

Rogue-Reiser New Member

budden will be relevant again dont worry about that, he has the talent just needs a label that can market him proper

his debut was and is one of the top albums released since 01

his mixtapes are untouchable i havent heard one mixtape better than mm2 or mm1
    test
  6. Nimrod

Nimrod Nimi Hendrix

the fuck does budden not goin plat have to do with anything in this article?

budden responded to a beef saigon started, the fuck u want him to do?
    test
  7. test
  8. Raw Enforcement

Raw Enforcement New Member

ditto...
    test
  9. MC propaganda

MC propaganda Well-Known Member

yea right
    test
  10. streets

streets New Member

nimrod kills me one minute sales dont mean shit, then you try to prove something using them
    test
  11. Wonk Saggin

Wonk Saggin Active Member

^doesnt seem like nimrod is trying to prove anything. just saying that joey will probably outsell saigon.... which is actually what joey is saying in response to saigons blog.
    test
  12. MARXIST

MARXIST New Member

god i hope they take it to wax. that would be the dopest battle in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.
    test
  13. LF Extremist LF

LF Extremist LF TradeMarks Takin' Ova

Saigon quit rap so.. i guess joey wins!!! seriously saigon just said he's out of the chess board hes tired of being a pawn.
    test
  14. LF Extremist LF

LF Extremist LF TradeMarks Takin' Ova

hiphopgame has an exclusive article from sai and for the people that think saigon would stand a chance against joey.... NEVER! only way joey loses is if Saigon gets his hands on him... Saigon cant compete with joey lyrically.
    test
  15. _REAPAH_

_REAPAH_ Mello Dee

^ Yea....

too bad it wouldnt be that mainstream, on some "Canibus vs LL"/"Nas vs Jay" shit

cuse MTV, BET, and VH1 aint gonna say SHIT about it, even though it would DEFINETLY make history
    test
  16. _REAPAH_

_REAPAH_ Mello Dee

test
  17. Arkane Beats

Arkane Beats www.arkanebeats.com

Joe Budden is one of the best doin it right now but I would be really surprised if MM3 outsold Saigon's album..
    test
  18. Pace Beats

Pace Beats Doesn't Feed The Trolls

doesn't he already have 10 k pre orders
    test
  19. Rogue-Reiser

Rogue-Reiser New Member

that number sounds about right
    test
  20. Raw Enforcement

Raw Enforcement New Member

i think the EXACT opposite...

have you heard pre-jus blaze sai?....pre-pain in my life sai?....

pre letter P sai?....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.