Mixing Question, What Volume...

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Rizzie, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rizzie

Rizzie Member

Should I have my interface on when I producing a beat? Should I have the interface real low or medium? I know not on high levels but I never know where the sweet spot would be at
    test
  2. Temp_Guest2

Temp_Guest2 Dope Lyricist/Producer

Play a well engineered song through your interface and adjust according to how well you hear everything in the mix.

After that, try to get your levels equal.
    test
  3. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

Mix at a comfortable level for extended listening. For most hip hop heads that's quiet as hell. For the rest of the world its medium to low. Make sure you can hear everything you need to at said low volume.
    test
  4. hoppinit69

hoppinit69 New Member

medium to low!! patrick shankey white falls ma

medium to low!! patrick shankey white falls ma
    test
  5. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

when you're producing a beat worry more about tweaking the sounds & composing then the level..

once everything is complete that's when u wanna start messing with the levels. just use proper panning..compression/eq/effects & I usually have the beat limited to around -0.08 or so
    test
  6. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

that should give you a good enough mix to present it to clients/artists
    test
  7. Bipola

Bipola Member

not sure if i'm misinterpreting this but i'd be more likely to turn the interface up to a reasonable level and then turn the volume on individual channels in the DAW down, i was always told the mix (premastering obviously) should be around -6db, i never thought the volume of the actual interface mattered that much but i rather have the interface volume up rather than having to crank the levels in the DAW and end up with clipping or headroom issues
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.