Mixing / Mastering Technique Discussion

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by gm3fullsail, Dec 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gm3fullsail

gm3fullsail New Member

If you have some advise on mixing and mastering please drop it here.
    test
  2. k.s.

k.s. .

When EQing.. always cut out bad frequencies before you boost good frequencies.
    test
  3. DeadBrokeBeats

DeadBrokeBeats Producer/Audio Engineer

invest in good plugins, or find high quality free ones. I've stepped up my mixing game just because i went and dropped some cash on Ozone which makes a huge difference.

Biggest piece of advice.
    Find a high quality mulit-band compressor and learn it inside and out, this along with proper EQing and Mixing will make any beat sparkle compared to the raw mixdown of it..

And after that never forget post production mastering, there is always a little bit that can be improved upon as far as EQing goes, and unless you have enough overhead to run a high band number eq on your master out track never overlook this step.
    test
  4. BullyBeats

BullyBeats New Member

Get some decent speakers and have a comfortable working environment. Keep the final mix in the green and leave good headroom before mastering, have a reference track of something in a similar style but commercially released.

Cut everything below 20hz in most cases, be careful when selecting sounds and make sure they don't clash or clog up the mix, use panning, delays and reverb to add a sense of space to the mix

Try not to over process the track and just add keep listening to sounds of all types, it helps develop your ear
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.