MIXING!! I know this may seem dumb...

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Vito04, Sep 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vito04

Vito04 HeatWave bitches!!!

...but I have been making beats for a minute now and ive gotten very good people in my city are calling me one of the best here. But I know I be 100 times better if I could just learn how to mix my beats. I am trying everyday and I keep reading producers talking about cutting frequencies and raising frequencies and I am not understanding this. How do I cut or raise a frequency if I dont know what frequency it is? how do i find it? what are some other elements of mixing? Can someone please help me
    test
  2. Likle Gotti

Likle Gotti New Member

load an EQ to w/e channel u want and fiddle with it and hear how it sounds...
    test
  3. Vito04

its just that simple? what about when I read producers talkig about other producers mixing and they say, "I would've cut the 2khz freqeuncies and raised the 50hz"?
    test
  4. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

lol i thought of naming my self "heatwave" productions one time..

Ayo man im gona be honest.. good mixing just takes lots of time and patience.. don't ask to many questions becasue youll only drive ya self crazy.. jsut experiment with different plug-ins..

see-the better plug ins u have.. the better you can tweak each sound.. Every soudn is different.. and theres all differnt kinds of fx/plug ins that you can tweak EACH individual sound with to the point you cant tweak it no more..

But besides that point.. What kind of speakers are you mixing on? What softwear? What kind of soundcard do you have? is it stock (the one that came with the compouter)?

ARe you using regualr compteur speakers? book shelf?

Or monitors?

Now ive seen people do good mixing on book shefl or enertianment speakers.. but-those arent really made out to-MONITOR the mix of your beats.. but-people that have ALOT of expreince on mixing its prolly a differetn story to them..

But yea. if you dotn have a good soundcard and a nice pair of monitor. dont be afraid to invest.. and YES. u mgiht have to SPEND some money.. but investing in stuff like this will re-pay u i nthe long run.. ur going to have to put in money everynow and then.. thats just the way it is..

You got aim yo? feel free to drop ya aim and ill hit you up and we can discuss more..

Peace
    test
  5. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

u aint gonna learn shit from this board...only about 4 or 5 cats actually kno how to use EQ on here

go to guitar center or sam ash and cop u an audio engineering book and study it........

if u dont like to read, well then u'll never really gonna kno what it is u doin when u twirlin them knobs......
    test
  6. Vito04

i got a delta 44 and some hi-fi speakers, fl studio, mpc 1000, and cool edit pro
    test
  7. salot

salot New Member

thats basically it learning how to tweak ya sounds an eq

it isnt like mixing is a preset or its a certain way to do it so you mix according to what sound right to you some good mons would really help (to get the volumes accurate) and what they mean by this is

"I would've cut the 2khz freqeuncies and raised the 50hz"?

is when your eqin ya sounds example

[​IMG]

would have showed u in FL but it dont show the khz anf hz so its in cool edit
    learning how to eq is the key

hope i help u a lil stay up 1
    test
  8. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

There's a few cats that can vouch for me. and that i can vouch for. when it coems to a good mix..

but yea. urban is right... cop a mixing engeernign book. it MIGHT confuse you at first. and you mgith not be able to udnerstand al of the techiques..

i think ur ebst bet is to expirment and fuck wit hit until you got it on lock.. i mean- if you dont progress with in the next few months keep trying.. if u stil dotn get it..

lol .. i dont know.. buy soemon else to mix it or quit..

peace
    test
  9. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

i have a delta 44. its fire..

But them hi fi speakers.. hmm.. id get rid of them.. invest in some good monitors..

um.. some alesis or if you got the moeny.. mackies. roland.. or on the lines of them products..
    test
  10. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

lol do u always misspell computer? is that like a running joke
    haha..
    test
  11. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

lol janitor made that out.. dammit..

time to cop a new keybaord.

LMAO
    test
  12. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

fucking typos
    test
  13. Likle Gotti

Likle Gotti New Member

it is that simple because no explanation in the world that i can come up with can tell u what a certain frequencie sounds like randomly out of the blue from thin air without even a sound to go on, maybe someone else has the more technical jargen to explain it better but not i, trail and error
    test
  14. Arkane Beats

Arkane Beats www.arkanebeats.com

it may sound simple but its far more complex than you would initially believe...the best way to learn is through expierence
    test
  15. Vito04

thanks to all of yall
    test
  16. b-real 123

b-real 123 New Member

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.