Mixing chorus in Cool Edit 2.1..Help Please

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by R.I.PSTA_NBP, Jul 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R.I.PSTA_NBP

R.I.PSTA_NBP NBP

Untill now, I have been doing seperate takes for all my choruses...

But now for this song im doing..i mastered the chorus...there is no way it can be better and i know if i re-recorded it , it wouldnt be as good

But when i try to mix it in another spot by copying it...its always off..can i make the scrolling of the block more precise or be able to lock the block in at a certain time?

If anyone has any knowledge upon this subject please help... Thank you.
    test
  2. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

Y Not Just Re-record It?
    test
  3. doctah

doctah I know how to do that...

CEP defaults to snapping to blocks. You can turn it off and move the blocks as you please. I forget which menu it is in, but there is an icon on the standard set of toolbars.
    test
  4. Donis

Donis New Member

i find its easy to just make the window smaller, and then move the chorus as you want

so, go to the bar thats above the tracks that shows you how much of the tracks you will be looking at any given time...put the cursor over the end of the bar on the right side, and it should change into a double sided arrow...now, move the cursor to the left until the spot where the chorus starts is at the right of the screen...now, do the same thing on the left end of the bar, only moving it to the right

you should have a window that only shows like 10 seconds of the tracks (or even less, if you want it fine tuned more)

now, you should be able to right click on the chorus and move it without the block "snapping"

hope it helps

ronJ
    test
  5. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

^they pretty much covered it

but, you should still be able to do the hook more thance once. its unprofessional to jus do sumthing once, an never be able to do it again. if ur ever gunna do shows, thats gunna be a problem. and chorus effects suck and sound like shit, so ur better off recording it 3 or 4 times and havin them mix to get an authentic chorus effect. even if they arnt perfect, u can have the ones that arnt as great turned down and have the one thats pefect be the lead vocals.
    test
  6. Process 2003

Process 2003 Change the World

<--- dis is ripsta at my boys hosue

thanks for the help ya'll

Punch i do double the chorus and sing the chorus in higher tones on my doubles n shit..its jsut the main vocals for the chorus i had were exactly as i wanted em..exact tone,feel,edited perfect,just every way i wanted em, so thats why i asked this...

thanks ya'll your advice helped

pzzz
    test
  7. rez0nate

rez0nate New Member

Another thing you can do is move the block as close to the spot where you want it as possible, then just tap the arrow keys on your keyboard and the yellow marker on CEP will move in mili-seconds or sum shit like that, this also works if you take the block snapping off....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.