Misunderstood Beefs or Beefs that Almost Happened...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Ignorant, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Hammer wasn't no punk... I heard he was lookin' for MC Serch for dissin' him in "Pop Goes the Weasel"... Hammer and Vanilla Ice were the two most favorite whipping boys of the early '90s in hip hop... it was cool to diss them, but Hammer was no punk... when Pac was shot the 2nd time, he rode around the hospital with a shottie in his lap because he heard cats on the radio talking about they were gonna finish him since he didn't die right away... Hammer was a rider.
    test
  2. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

woah, woah slow down, what do you mean he made masta ace cry?

also, that's why i thought he was dissing the mighty mos, he calls himself the boogeyman at times.

:numaan:
    test
  3. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I wasn't there... I just read about it... I think it was in XXL or The Source... it was so long ago, like around '01... Boogieman is a different cat, not Mos Def... remember when he said, "and by the way, give 50 Cent his flow back?" Boogieman had that slurred, conversational flow just like how 50 was rockin' around '99 and '00.

This is the song that Ace was responding to the in the first verse:

• +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  4. scribbles1188

scribbles1188 Well-Known Member

Ace's beef with Boogieman was over Ace's Ghetto Like track, Boogieman thought Ace was biting his Ghetto Love track, then released the diss track, Just you Wait, Ace responded with his verse on Acknowledge. I think the battle happened after that. But that's off topic of the thread.

As for the verse directed to Hi and Mighty on Acknowledge that was a misunderstanding. Ace thought they dissed him at a Lyricist Lounge show or some shit they were at.
    test
  5. scribbles1188

scribbles1188 Well-Known Member

Also on the Rakim...
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  6. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

that's what i heard too.

but that song ignorant posted makes the pieces fall into place now.

:numaan:
    test