Misunderstood Beefs or Beefs that Almost Happened...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Ignorant, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Biggie vs. Black Thought

I wonder how many of you heard about this... when Biggie guested on Craig Mack's "Flava In Ya Ear" remix in '94, BT took issue with a line that he thought was directed at his group, The Roots. The line went, "like the Gooch, disappear... Vamoose, you're wack to me/ Take dem rhymes back to the factory." Apparently, Black Thought, like many other fans, including myself, thought he heard, "Like The Roots disappear..." But I wasn't thinking about the rap group... I was thinking more like "voodoo roots"... like he was casting a spell on wack emcees, causing them to disappear... but Biggie explained it to Tariq and said that he was saying "the Gooch," who was an imagined bully on the sitcom Different Strokes, who used to bully Arnold.... because the line before that was "more guns than roses, foes is shakin' in they boots... invisible bully... like the Gooch, disappear" so if you remember the sitcom and listen close, then it makes sense. Take a listen for yourself...

Rakim vs. Big Daddy Kane

Now I just read about this from Charlie Murphy, Eddie Murphy's brother... I had always heard that they were about to really get into it over a line that Kane spat on "Set It Off"... when he said, "rap soloist, you don't want none of this.".. because Rakim used to call himself the "rap soloist." Apparently, these two have history and it started when Rakim was recording "My Melody," the first single from his classic debut album Paid In Full. Marley Marl produced the track and he was also producing other rappers in his famed Juice Crew, namely Kool G. Rap, MC Shan, Biz Markie and BDK, who were in the studio at the time the God MC was recording this song. Now, they were all clowning Rakim, because they thought he had a funny voice and he was taking too long to write and record his verses, when Kane blurted out, "I could've made 2 albums in the time this nigga taking to make one damned song." Hearing this, that's when Rakim ripped up his verses and spat a rhyme to his detractors in front of their faces... "so what I'm a microphone fiend, addicted soon as I seen, one of these 4 emcees so they don't have to scream" Of course, those "4 emcees" were G. Rap, Kane, Biz and Shan. Then he went on to say... "so stand back, you wanna rap? All of that can wait..." and then "puttin' blurs and slurs of words that don't fit in a rhyme, why waste time on the microphone? I take this more serious than just a poem"... you know, G. Rap and Kane used to rap fast and G. Rap had a serious lisp. Just take a listen to the song and you'll hear all of the jabs:

Posdnous (De La Soul) vs. Vin Rock (Naughty By Nature)

"So stick to your Naughty By Nature's and your Kane/ cause graffiti that I place upon the wax is insane."

This is the line from Posdnous on De La's Stakes Is High album intro that sent Vinnie reeling. He apparently thought he was dissin' his group, so he approached Pos at a show and was about to get physical with him until Posdnous explained to him that he wasn't dissing him. He was only paying homage. I didn't think it was a diss at all... De La has always called out different groups in hip hop history to pay homage. But you can take a listen for yourself.

Those are just a few that I can think of right now. What are some others?
    • +Rep +Rep x 4
    test
  2. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

"You're just a stunt, seekin a settlement" - MC Serch said that on a record and Rakim thought it was about him, he confronted him but nothing happened.
    test
  3. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

LOL@That Roots shit. I always knew he said Gooch

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2
    test
  4. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Chino xl and Pac.
    test
  5. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I wanted the Royce 5 9/ Eminem beef to happen... and it came so close...

First it was royce taking shots at Em and d12,

Then Em had the subliminal about Royce doing extasy...

and then in 2011, the "Difficult" (proof dedication from 2006) track came out where Em says he'd punch royce if he saw him again.

shit was heated....

but i guess them not fully beefing is good for hip hop... whatever...
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  6. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

They homies though why would you wanna see that?

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2
    test
  7. Rico Futuro

Rico Futuro New Member

I wanted the Royce 5 9/ Eminem beef to happen also... and it came so close...

I wanted the Royce 5 9/ Eminem beef to happen... and it came so close...
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  8. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

I always thought that line was about Fuzz. Royce wasnt in D12, how'd he betray them?
    test
  9. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I'm a douche lol.

nah, cause they're two amazing lyricists and amazing battler rappers... I just like seeing the best go against the best
    test
  10. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

around 2003 royce had beef with d12 and eminem.
    test
  11. Tacky Jones

I know, but I dont believe Royce was ever IN D12. maybe I'm taking the line too literal.
    test
  12. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Em said he betrayed our team. by team, I think he meant Aftamath, because royce was also on the label, and friends with d12 members before the feud.

remember the original renegade?

royce: "I'll call my nigga proof, hand him a pint of Limon and let him loose"

I still dont think it was fuzz... although there is an outside chance...
    test
  13. Tacky Jones

also didnt proof and royce make peace before proof died?
    test
  14. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Q-Tip of A Tribe Called Quest vs. A-Plus of Wreckz-N-Effect

A-Plus snuffed Q-Tip in a club once over a line that Phife spat on "Jazz (We've Got)" from the Low End Theory album, when he said, "strictly hardcore tracks, not a New Jack Swing." In case you guys didn't know, it was Teddy Riley and his group Wreckz-N-Effect who created New Jack Swing in hip hop and R&B... you can say that because Phife was juxtaposing "hardcore" with New Jack Swing, implying that the latter is "softcore," that it was a diss, but it can be looked at as neutral, as well... funny, he never approached Ice Cube who gave a much harsher critique of NJS that same year with "...and you can New Jack Swing on my nuts." Peep the song:

Ice Cube vs. MC Hammer

Speaking of Cube, although A-Plus might've been afraid to approach him, Hammer sure wasn't. After Cube released his video for "Be True to the Game" which featured a parachute pants-clad dancing look-alike, Hammer approached Cube at an event and asked him "what the deal?"... Cube backed down and told him that he wasn't really talking about him. Check out the video for yourself.

• +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  15. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

masta ace's acknowledge.

for some reason i always thought he was dissing mos def.

but it wasn't, it wasn't at all, it was against a duo high and mighty or someshit.

:numaan:
    test
  16. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

Common's Bitch In Yoo... If only Cube would of responded, but he knew that he wasn't going to win after that so he ended up trying to patch things up with help of what'shisname.
    test
  17. thedream2333

thedream2333 Member

yeah they did, but that doesnt mean Em made peace with royce. that happened much later.
    test
  18. thedream2333

thedream2333 Member

wow... cube backed down from MC hammer? lol
    test
  19. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

that kinda sucks, considering royce's beef was only with dre.

eminem just being a minion of the doctor decided to hold a grudge against royce too.

and it was all over some trivial ghost writing bullshit that royce had written for dre and that track leaked.

:numaan:
    test
  20. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

He was dissin' Boogieman and High & Mighty... Boogieman won a face to face battle against him previously... dissed him so bad, made him cry... so Masta Ace came hard on that first verse.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test