Misandry and the Feminization of America

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Ignorant, Sep 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Why is it so accepted to hate men and demonize men and feminize men in this country, but if one even thinks about placing limitations on women, he/she is crucified? Bill Maher spoke about this in a comedy standup and I agree with him... in fact, I've been saying this on this site for years, especially in my battles with BBG, who is an avowed misandrist. It's been a religion ever since the feminist movement and it's propulgated in magazines, talk shows, movies, and the rest of pop cultures. Men are reduced to objects and/or obstacles to female progress, while women are forever the victim or lauded as superior. What say you?
    test
  2. Radium

Radium f k

this is definitely a form of immaturity

Ghetalion once said something to the effect of: "the oppressed always seek to become the oppressor"

which might be what this is

a mature person understands though that a man and a woman are both necessary elements to complete yourself and that without the other you are just an incomplete half living a manufactured life that doesnt mean anything to anyone except yourself

if this is the thing that the so-called misandrist is after then i say good luck and enjoy your hollow prize by yourself. when you are old and grey you can pat your own self on the back because there will be nobody else there to do it for you

the lovers though will keep being lovers without you

*hits juke-box with fist*

*distant lover by marvin gaye mysteriously plays*
    test
  3. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

^^^you re both the men..

I have been on glenns sack way before you registered here ignorant. this was 2004. and I could not agree more with what ahs been said in this topic...there is definately a bitter double standart. men are being mistreated whereever you look.its everywhere. but i cannot concern myself with it like I did in the past..it just makes me furious and brings out negativity.
    test
  4. soepxozk

soepxozk New Member

Buy Backlinks afqnwtymkh

no
    test
  5. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

ive wondered the same....specially when it comes to cheating.

nvr mind....whole thread on what i said lol
    test
  6. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

All part of the illuminati plan :hump:
    test
  7. LanaSays

LanaSays New Member

-peeks in-
    Since I couldn't find a "Welcome" thread, I'll try to state my opinion and see if that'll help me mingle.

I tend to disagree with this thread, NOT because I am woman, but because in real life, that's not how it works! It may seem that the "Feminization of America" is happening, but truthfully, and laugh all you want to, I think it seems that way since women outnumber men by a good number, though everything balances out. It is also how women tend to deal with situations such as male bashing and going out with her HG's when an unpleasant situation crops up out of no where.

I truthfully believe if a woman was to jump on a man because he is stating the truth about women that she happens not to approve of, then screw her. It's called narrowminded thinking. Tunnelvision.

Magazines are for profit and brainwashing. Only look at them if you're looking for prices, lol.
    TV SHOWS... Why would you watch what's on the craptube nowadays, anyways?

And truthfully, there are no more celebrity couples or women that women have to look-up to and admire as far as trying to keep a man intrigued in her or to gain full interest. We have women mutilating their bodies or asking their girlfriend in an open-relationship "How can I keep my man?" It is the blind leading the blind.

So, no. I don't think that America has been Feminized. More like stupidized. And yes, women are helping... a lot.

It just depends on who you associate yourself with and who you talk to.

This is just IMO, though.

I hope I didn't stray too much from the answer. I tend to ramble. :)
    test
  8. Leila Night

Leila Night efrain,you're my one&only

Evidence?

What sorts of limitations?

And you really think pop culture sees women as anything but objects?

I say men hold all the power... as they always have in modern society.
    test
  9. Leila Night

Oh, this thread is really, really old.
    test
  10. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

It's all around... in many people's attitudes towards modern men... it's cool to say that "women are smarter"... whenever that's said in public, people applaud.

The phrase "if the woman is not happy, nobody's happy" is what is told to men who want to keep a peaceful home.

In the media, particularly movies and sitcoms, it's typical to see the husband as slow, dim-witted and subject to the wife's whims... ie., "The Cosby Show," "My Wife and Kids," "The George Lopez Show," etc.

...the notion of a "feminine side"
    ...the general perception that cheating is automatically a male disease
    ...rape prevention literature that makes all men feel like they're potential rapists
    ...the assumption that in abuse discussions, the abuser is typically male
    ...the assumption that if women ruled the world, it would be more peaceful and less violent
    ...the notion of sexual objectification being solely a man's control of a woman

I mean, I could go on...

These are attitudes that get fed to us everyday in this country... and it's been going on for decades now.

Anything that prevents a person from realizing or actualizing their potential self and destiny?

The point is... it is not men who are objectifying these women... the women are doing it themselves... they're not robots... they're not children... they are adults who are making their own decisions about how to present themselves... yet men get blamed for it... nobody has ever said that a woman objectifies a man... even though it happens all the time, particularly when many women feel that a man isn't being a man unless he provides financially for his family... with that demand, he becomes a financial or provider object.

Define power... because I think it's more complex and dynamic than money.

When you consider that most men chase wealth in order to be attractive to women, then wouldn't women hold power, too?
    test
  11. soepxozk

soepxozk New Member

Buy Backlinks bddwqcgyyv

test
  12. Leila Night

I don't mean to be harsh, but I feel this is fairly subjective. I don't see most/all of the above the same way you do. At all. In my obviously very subjective view, men have it pretty good societally... and any negative is almost directly a result of patriarchy.

So, I can argue with you... but instead I'll keep it simple: In all those television shows you listed, the story is told almost 100% from the male perspective and without even looking I bet you all the writers, directors, producers, financial backers, etc. are mostly male.

Fed to us by whom?

Yeah, I don't know what you're talking about here, sorry.

Well, I didn't mean to suggest that women have no role in their own objectification...

Do you really feel it's demeaning to be a provider?

Let's say political power. You don't feel women chase wealth? And of course women hold power, but not to the degree that men do. Actually, the power thing is not something I particularly care about, so...
    test
  13. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

let off some steam, B.
    test
  14. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

Leila.

How can you be a feminist and be devoted to a religion that is the most hostile towards women?
    test
  15. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

How are they subjective?

These aren't interpretations.

I'll give you the rape prevention literature one... but the others are all objective observations.

Okay, now that's a subjective statement.

See, now why would you automatically assume that those stories are told from a male perspective? And that the writers, directors, producers, etc. are mostly male?

And even if they are, that still doesn't negate their pumping misandry and feminization to the American public... a man can be complicit in his own misandry.

I mentioned the media in an earlier statement.

It's quite clear... but the question mark was a typo. It was supposed to be a period.

Do you feel it's demeaning to be a sexual being?

If so, I can argue that it's demeaning to be reduced to any one role or aspect of being.

If a woman is only looking at me based on what I can provide for her, then she is not seeing me as a complete and whole individual with many different dimensions... and what if I have no money, do I cease to be a man? For some women, the answer is a resounding YES. That's demeaning... but yet these same women will have a problem if I ask them to give me a blowjob or show me their titties.

Women do chase wealth.

And power can be a tenuous thing... haven't you seen households where the man is the main breadwinner but yet the woman is the boss? The man is passive and subject to his wife's demands.

As for political power, who gives politicians power? The people do. We live in a democratic republic, not a dictatorship. I really don't see how that applies here, though... women can vote and run for office.
    test
  16. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I've asked her that before... I can't remember what she said, though.
    test
  17. Warpaint

Warpaint What now?

People do it to themselves, with bad choices, life is such a long road, most women become quasi-lesbians and men go into jail and chase other men. I never understood the ideology, men hang out with other men and women with women. I always been the opposite, hanging out with more women and girls. A little flirting with the opposite sex greases the wheel.

A woman will have a ring on her finger and act like she is not allowed to speak to another soul. Then she gets divorced and is so out of function she doesn't know what to do or how t be natural.

People over compensate themselves. I talk to everybody the same. For myself, not with an end in mind. Some people live in another world where everyone is out to get them.
    test
  18. WorldHipHop

WorldHipHop Carpe Diem

The real feminization of america is that through a mix of mtv(not actually mtv but 90% of what is considered "cultered" and mainstream media) & hormones in the food the american males are being turned into females. Not like they are going to grow a pussy or anything, but their estrogen levlels are extremely high, while testosterone is very low... What does this mean? It means that you have a nation of tight pant wearing, flamboyant, lollipop looking/acting mother f**kers. Crazy sh*t
    test
  19. Warpaint

Warpaint What now?

Blame it on the Gottis.
    test
  20. laustcawz

laustcawz New Member

I once was a fan of Bill Maher, too, but I ultimately discovered that his agenda regarding males is dubious. In "Does Feminism Discriminate Against Men?", Warren Farrell writes about frustrating & oppressive experiences regarding Bill Maher's old show, "Politically Incorrect". Also note that Maher hosted a documentary entitled "Religulous" attacking religion, & while I'm all for that, considering I'm an atheist, I'm concerned that the debunking of religion is being used as a guise for misandry (& vice-versa). On top of that, historical racism situations have also largely been flipped. See the movie "White Man's Burden" & do a search online for "Are Black People Becoming Racist?"
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.