Mir called it....

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by xX_NASTY_Xx, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

notice mir's best work is done within the first 3 minutes of a fight though?
    test
  2. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

Mir seems more focused than he was in the past though. You don't gain that much muscle by being lazy.

His tko of nog was in the second round. Of course we all know what kind of shape nog was in, but a win is a win.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not a big Mir fan by any means. He likes to use the size excuse for the brock fight, but it's kinda bullshit. He wasn't doing shit off his back except waiting for a standup.
    test
  3. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

bruce would (almost) rekill brock on the ground as well.
    test
  4. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

test
  5. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

yeah i know he has obviously been hittin the weights hard.... focusing on fighting

but look at his results

80% of his fights are finished in 3 min or less , is all i was saying, except the nog fight he has been ineffective historically after 3 mins
    test
  6. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

indeed.

plus since you bring it up, you have to question how much the muscle mass will slow him down in the long run.
    test
  7. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

It makes sense in theory, but MMA as a sport isn't yet deep enough to support those extra divisions in any one organisation. Right now there'd hardly be any contenders and the already piddling heavyweight division would be split among the others and diluted. Not to mention that 205 would get shallower from some people moving up.

In a few years I'd be all for it, but right now we just don't have the fighters for it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.