Mir called it....

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by xX_NASTY_Xx, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xX_NASTY_Xx

xX_NASTY_Xx Guest

I believed him tbh

but i had no idea it'd be that fast lol
    test
  2. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

that'd never happen that fast again an mir won't be ready for lesnar no matter how long he has to train fuck that I can't front that was disappointing I wanted to see a good fight now I want mir to lose with his cocky ass
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  3. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I'm sorry, but the bigger he gets, the better chance he has against Lesnar. One of the main reasons Lesnar was able to control Mir on the ground was because he was so much stronger and had great wrist control and Mir made the mistake of not tucking in his elbows (in jiu-jitsu, that's a well known rule). But even when you don't tuck in your elbows, usually you can lose the grip of the opponent even when they are stronger but Brock was THAT MUCH STRONGER where Mir couldn't get his right arm free. Then Brock repositioned and got great head control and pinned him down.

If Mir continues to get stronger, it's going to be harder for Brock to hold him down. We'll see what happens, but this Mir looks a lot more dangerous. Plus, Kongo has MUCH better striking than Lesnar so if Lesnar doesn't get the fight to the ground immediately (which he can do), he's gonna risk getting hurt.
    test
  4. true.. Mir was impressive last night..
    test
  5. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

Yeah, I've been saying for a while that kongo's striking is overrated as well.

I like how serious Mir has gotten about his mma approach, and I think a lot of that is due to his respect for GSP.
    test
  6. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

i agree

when it comes to heavyweight, i mean HEAVYWEIGHT like brock's collosal ass self, you aint gonna beat him if youre under 250 unless your name is fedor. brock walks at like 285 give or take, so when he weighs in, gets hydrated and a steak dinner in him, he is fighting at 285 while youre still at 240-250

frank look fit as fuck against fedor, but that was the problem.... he looked in shape last night, but noticibly bigger... and made it to 264.5.... he is doing the right thing packing on size, gotta do it to beat the big dog right now

this is why i think they need a new weight class that stops at 225-230... the gap between a natural 220 lbs guy and 260 is huge.... if youre at 225 - 230 an as lean as you can be, then youre screwed pretty much as of right now... and 20-30 lbs of muscle is a lot to pack on
    test
  7. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

no. bruce lee would smash brock. in a street fight, probbaly not under mma rules tho lol.
    test
  8. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

^^^^ i hope thats a joke

brock would re-kill bruce lee in a cage
    test
  9. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

I disagree. I think Lee would murder him in standup, probably during the shot. On the ground, Lee would be fucked.

But then, I think Silva would beat Lesnar.
    test
  10. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

Silva would beat any UFC guy easily in a kickboxing match.

It's hard for me to pick Lesnar over Lee even in a street fight due to the wrestling experience. You have to remember, even if Lee adjusted to MMA, he would be one of the smallest dudes in WEC at best. The stories of his actual stand up ability paint a picture of a man that really knew what he was doing on his feet though, and with groin kicks and eye pokes allowed, who knows?
    test
  11. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

Completely agree. MMA needs to create and adhere to a super heavyweight division.

As per all this Bruce Lee talk, while he was probably one of if not the most gifted fighter of all-time, taking things into a view of historical relevance, Bruce never fought anyone as complete as Brock. Bruce would probably rock him standing, but Brock isn't stupid enough to get hit and keep standing...
    test
  12. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

Cruiserweight division sounds decent on paper, but another belt? ehh.
    test
  13. .:Pain:.

Idk, I'm kinda jaded as far as the cruiserweight division is concerned, mainly because of boxing.

That division is the sole reason people thought James Toney was one of the best in the world...
    test
  14. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

mma needs that wight class... why are all these sub 200 lb levels viable but for some reason they forget about people stuck in the middle of 205-265?

thats 60 lbs
    test
  15. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

shit they got 145, 155, 170,185,205

thats 5 weight classes for 60 lbs under 205

ya dig?
    test
  16. KaTZ

KaTZ Active Member

Mir vs Lesnar III: The Final Chapter needs to happen

Both defeated eachother and they need to do a third fight to see who is truly better

Mir should face the winner of Nogueria/Velssquez to determine the #1 contendor
    test
  17. .:Pain:.

Nah I know what your saying, I just have a certain stigma towards that particular division. That division was created for people between LHW and HW and bounced back and forth between the weight classes, that's why it's called cruiserweight.

Anyways, I think the general consensus is that the HW division is way too broad and needs to be seperated...
    test
  18. Unknown333

Unknown333 New Member

to be honest kongo is a can.

broke crocops (an over the hill also) balls and won a close decision.

bat a can in dan evenson

beat another can in al turk

smashed by vleasquez

raped by mir

pretty much sums up a can in my book... he has the body but his skillset is fuckin garbage

imo mir cant compete with the new prospects or with the true elite heavyweights
    test
  19. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

read my post again hunny
    test
  20. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I think Mir has the skillset to be competitive with most anyone, even a healthy nog.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.