Milk: yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Purple Haze, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

[​IMG]

If you think your kids need milk to grow strong bones, it's time for a second opinion. A comprehensive review article published in Pediatrics in 2005 showed that getting extra calcium—from milk or anything else—makes no difference in bone density in children or young adults. And evidence shows that dairy product consumption contributes to obesity, ear infections, constipation, respiratory problems, heart disease, and some cancers.

A "new" major study shows that the amount of calcium girls consumed during the teen years had no impact on bone strength. Exercise, however, had a huge positive effect. For strong bones, kids need weight-bearing activity, sunlight, and a diet rich in fruits and vegetables. And there's healthy calcium in fortified juices, soymilk, greens, beans, and many other foods that avoid milk's problems.

Dairy products contaminated with cow's blood and pus and are frequently contaminated with pesticides, hormones, and antibiotics. Dairy products are linked to allergies, constipation, obesity, heart disease, cancer, and other diseases.

The late Dr. Benjamin Spock, America's leading authority on child care, spoke out against feeding cow's milk to children, saying it can cause anemia, allergies, and insulin-dependent diabetes and in the long term, will set kids up for obesity and heart disease, America's number one cause of death.

And dairy products may actually cause osteoporosis, not prevent it, since their high-protein content leaches calcium from the body. Population studies, backed up by a groundbreaking Harvard study of more than 75, 000 nurses, suggest that drinking milk can actually cause osteoporosis. Find out more by visiting our links page.

www.notmilk.com
    www.milksucks.com/more.asp
    www.strongbones.org
    test
  2. cHi_Co

cHi_Co Guest

and when you mix your whey with water is alot betetr oppose to mixing it with milk..

water goes to the bloodstream alot faster than milk does...

i know alot of people who perfer soy milk over regular milk 2..
    test
  3. Purple Haze

test
  4. cHi_Co

cHi_Co Guest

k, whiteboy.
    test
  5. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

fuck yeah on the milk

hit the skim, call it a day

water for protein shake is fucking nasty... I mean, I do it regularly... but w/ milk is like 10x better.

i drink a ton of milk.. maybe 2-3 gallons a week. thats what the old school bodybuilders did, they drank milk like all day and during workouts.

i doubt milk is bad.. it's like the chances of getting cancer via a cell phone.

i don't skimp on the fruits and veggies tho either, I eat a piece of fruit with basically every meal.
    test
  6. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

im lactose in tolerant so i atek calcium pills crazy. soy milk tastes good.
    test
  7. Purple Haze

Eat dark green veggies for calcium.

Goat milk is good for you too, I don't know about the taste.

I heard almond milk is pretty good though.
    test
  8. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Whey with water? No fucking thanks.

And I've drank milk all my life and I've never had a broken bone once. My bones stay strong. Milk propaganda and shit lol.
    test
  9. Snikka

yeah you know.. come to think of it, i hvaen't broken a bone yet in my life either.
    test
  10. cHi_Co

cHi_Co Guest

^yall probably havent done anything 2 provoke a broken bone..
    test
  11. Snikka

what a dumb thing to say...

correct, I haven't done anything that would "provoke" a broken bone... meaning I didn't fuck up somewhre and break my shit.. doesn't mean the risk wasn't there.

what "provokes" breaking a bone?? riding a bike?? go running outside?? wrestle with friends?? sports?? martial arts??

i played almost every sport by the time I graduated high school, except football.
    test
  12. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I can remember falling out of a tree house, I've been playing basketball since I was 8 or 9, I used to play on the baseball team, I skated fpr a couple years with some nasty spills, few years ago when I was supposed to join the Corps I would play football every week with the Marines, and when they tackled their intention was to kill you.
    test
  13. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

i was raise on goat milk. i love it. people say its horrible. unfortunatley i only get it at my grandmas house.
    test
  14. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

myself included. anyone else remember my Got Pus thread?

"not-milk propaganda" can't be any different than "milk propaganda". Except that the latter that has millions of dollars at its disposal for advertising and an industry that has considerable pull in congress.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.