Mike Sullivan (4-0) vs. Cane (3-0) RBL Title Match

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Prod!gy, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prod!gy

Prod!gy Prod!gy

Cane-

you write like me, except ur dull and blarin us with snores
    don't worry, i'll lead your fan club, and be the chairman of the bored
    2003? guess what? you're old like me! but i'm tighter than you
    while you're more light on your feet than those spiderman shoes
    little mikey's got friends votin to maintain the balance
    kicker is, he needs his folk to help him win like he plays for dallas
    but you'll need alot of help just to balance the score
    wusgood? wouldn't that indicate you actually had talent before?

This was nice, opener and lines after this were pretty weak.. didnt like em much, the flow was good as always but the creativity wasnt really there.. i thought i would see more from you this week

Mike Sully -

who'll sign ya ? ur rhyme content is butt, n' noone supports u
    ur verses are so full of shit, 'plumber' shoulda posted em for u
    lets see uh, random filler to setup a sports related corny joke
    thats as predictable as lines relating to Cane n' snortin coke
    u should just hope for a tie, ur skills diminished n' so is ur time
    can't teach a old dog new tricks...unless its roll over n' die

these were funny, your best lines, ur opener was soso..
    your closer was corny but it made me laugh actually.. so i guess it was ok

Tough to choose a winner..

ill say

Vote - mike sullivan

mike i hope u come better next week, cane too, im sure we'll see cane back up for another title shot soon enough
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

errr, um... good battle,

Mike, you came fairly good, but a little too consistent with the subject matter for your punches, it was very repetitive and ineffective in my opinion, nevertheless, here are the lines that i liked from you:
    ...with the last one being the weakest of the bunch, the rest were ineffectively executed and too repetitive to actually hold weight or have any sort of impact as i read the verse, overall this was a good verse and a decent attempt at taking on a "veteran", but you failed and honestly i expected more, especially creatively

Cane on the other hand was a bit fresher in his ideas, he was also more personal and less repetive with his choice of material, here are the lines i liked:

much more consistent with good lines and even the other lines that i didnt quote were decent, overall i think cane's gettin robbed, his verse was way fresher than mike's, it was also more rugged and to the point with clever disses and a few in your face disses, overall a well rounded verse and good showing

with that said, my vote is for - cane
    test
  3. itzconstant

itzconstant T00 ILL

aight....

both verses were pretty decent...

mike was on the old washed up punch tip, but his flow was good...and some of the punches were coo too...a few were funny sports/coke line and senior citisen pass line...

cane you came hard as well..the first line i heard already..as well the tom hanks line too...must be recycled...but you had a few more punches that hit in your verse..that were comical..and you had more diversity in your verse...rather then him just dissin on age..you made punches that were split up more..so

vote-cane
    test
  4. Prod!gy

Prod!gy Prod!gy

4 cane, 3 mike sully
    test
  5. Servical

Servical S on my chest.

Good battle

Mike Sullivan

Cane

Overall - Good battle, not great, but still both did decent. I think Sullivan had the more original concepts, he could've made use of them better but still some of them were nice. Both were consistant flow-wise, i didn't really know what to expect from Sulli but i expected more from Cane, and he didn't deliver. Overall Mike came harder and more original while most of Canes lines were kind of a hit or miss to me.

Vote- Mike S.
    test
  6. Revanon

Revanon Comeback of the Year.

4-4 Dead even....
    test
  7. King Grimet

King Grimet King Grimet

Its important both of you read the post about VOTING

No votes, No win. Minimum is 3 Votes, loss of vote for each one you miss.
    test
  8. Cane

Cane New Member

yeah i edited one of my first posts in the topic to say i'd be doing it sunday
    test
  9. King Grimet

King Grimet King Grimet

Thank you, if you get it done early it would help me.. I try to update @ a decent time but this weeks not going anywhere until people vote.
    test
  10. Criteria

Criteria Superman in this bitch!

ok/.

so u helped started it all ? thats just another lie to the public
    the only foundation u layed down...is underlining ur punches
    im sitting in class, while u pissing in bags with shit on ur ass
    probably asked Jeff to renew ur RM senior citizen pass

who'll sign ya ? ur rhyme content is butt, n' noone supports u
    ur verses are so full of shit, 'plumber' shoulda posted em for u
    lets see uh, random filler to setup a sports related corny joke
    thats as predictable as lines relating to Cane n' snortin coke

i'll look u up if i want history on all text that ever been written
    cause ur a water'd down version of every vet that ever existed

_________

well well well...

half ur wins were no shows, so you winning a title's something silly
    voters treat your verse like common courtesy..."it was nothing, really"
    ur new orleans/washed up line sucked, and you're in the top ranks?
    fag, ur the gayest thing to come out of philadelphia since tom hanks

mike wants to run for braggin rights, but that's senseless shit
    what i really mean is, i'll make him run for b.ragginwrites like headless did
    so i'll ballpark this guess, since ur predictable and so boring
    when i take this match, you'll disappear outta the blue like joe torre

damn, hard one to decide. I see Mike went with the " fuck u and ill piss on ur history type feel"... Cane went the more punchline, referency approach.

I gotta go with Cane. If mike used less of the same attacks, he woul d of won.
    test
  11. vada

vada New Member

vote mike sullivan

i thought the match was ok, pretty even imo, but i just thought mike's verse hit harder the flow was slightly better and just had more clever lines, the first 4 bars for mic was hot, cane's best line was the philadelphia line, props to both though, very close, but ima go with mike sullivan, just liked it better, not much more to explain
    test
  12. john hensley

john hensley 7xRBL

i got cane winning this.

mike, i think you had a good rhyme scheme and it made your concepts read smoothly and connect pretty well. the only problem i saw with your verse was that the lines didn't seem to be fully developed or set up extremely well. rhyme wise it was great. i think the quick rhyme scheme made the punch sound like it came too soon at times. pretty good overall though, i liked several lines, roll over and die was pretty cool, citizen pass was funny but a bit too straight forward.

cane was pretty nice throughout, the it's nothin really line reminded me of some dope punches from back in the day, but i hadn't seen that before. blackjack was a solid closer too. overall i just feel like your verse had a bit more wit and kept me interested more line to line.

vote- cane
    test
  13. Prod!gy

Prod!gy Prod!gy

6-5 in canes favor.
    test
  14. Revanon

where did HENSLEY come from? hahahahaaha!!!

is he going to vote on ALL BATTLES? Or did someone call him just to "vote" on this one?

hmmmm.....
    test
  15. Prod!gy

Prod!gy Prod!gy

^^ same with serge dot t.. seems pretty unfair and i know mike feels the same way, iunno wut to do bout that tho
    test
  16. Revanon

This is bullshit.

I am IN THE LEAGUE and I didn't vote cause I didn't want Cane bitchin...I pulled out...edited my verse...and then these two come in? AND VOTE FOR CANE? I think Serge signed in to TRY and make his vote legit...I think it's crap. This is the only battle they've voted on? You gotta be shitting me...if I can't vote...they can't vote. Plain and simple. Hens not even in the league...I don't know that man...but this smells like sugacane.

I'd strip it. let him bitch...but this is unfair...next thing you know...all types of guys come out the wood work...Mudfoot, Da shorty man, diablo....Transcipt...MaC...butler...

please...

strip them...and force them bitches who HAVEN'T dropped a single vote to vote on this match.

Fuckin bitch moves...bullshit!!
    test
  17. Revanon

It would be 5-4 Mike if they are stripped...if you don't strip them of their vote...then I'm voting....and we'll make this bitch even AGAIN..then you don't allow anyone NOT in the league or SIGNED in for NEXT FUCKIN WEEK to drop a vote...you still got mad cats who haven't voted who can drop in this...the battle is close enough...

I hate this shit...
    test
  18. john hensley

john hensley 7xRBL

i don't know cane. in fact i dont think ive ever been in the same league as him.

i just peeped the rbl, signed up, and usually i read the champ matches because well, it's usually the best battle.

it really doesn't have to count, i wouldn't be offended if you don't count it. but really, i don't know either of them.
    test
  19. Cane

Cane New Member

i don't have aim. i don't use my private msgs. i don't campaign for votes anywhere. by all accounts the only way you'd know i exist are my posts on the board itself. other than telepathy i'd like to know how i got these two in here.

rev, prod, i don't use friends for votes. i've never even talked to hensley. so rev, who has had beef before, i'd like to see your theory on how i got these two to vote for me considering in terms of the text community i'm a shut-in hermit.

maybe it's because it's the title match, or maybe it's that it's one of the few worth voting on. put away the tin foil hat, there's nothing to uncover man. i didn't want you voting rev because of our beef and i know you don't forget anything. i don't care if it's in some dinky normal match but not in a title match just like i'd back mike if he thought the same thing.
    test
  20. Mike Sullivan

Mike Sullivan New Member

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.