midwest

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by AgentofKarma, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AgentofKarma

AgentofKarma New Member

midwest hip hop is the illest right now....we got people like rhymefest from indy, juice from chi, molemen from chi....go to
    www.hiphopvids.com and check out the new rhymefest joint with kanye west "jesus walks" its from a live show and its in the video section fuckin ill shit....thats the difference, out here we keep it true school you dont have all this alien wannabe satanist backpacking bullshit,just skillz...the underground scene here is actually underground too and we are ill...everytime i do a show out here i get like 30-40 people there and i dont even have a CD out yet...this site has alot of overrated battlers on it who would get ripped if they came out here, however franco and nocando def. hold it down for cali right now...im feelin the line about ghostface first album, and the 8 mile retort, thats real shit...
    out on the west coast any kid with some corny ass beats on fruity loops or reason with some bullshit version of protools can come out with some "ill slice your esophagus/ and put you in a spaceship sarcophagus" bullshit AND PPL ACTUALLY FEEL THAT SHIT!!! in a more refined market like out here in Indy or Chi area you have to appeal to a lot of people have real skillz dope beats etc. which makes for better music...i am posting because ive got some battle footage from out here in the B.I. and want to know if alexis will post it, or do yall just do cali or NY shit....if so, then ill email it to you in wmv. format
    test
  2. Aok of WP's

Aok of WP's Customer Service Crew

^^^HAHAHAHA!!!............

....damn.
    test
  3. The Butcher

The Butcher New Member

This shit is wild because most people don't even know that me and DJ Hannjahb are from Kansas City, MO (The Mews). Yeah, LA is the shit but there's no place like home. The underground scene in KC is rather dry with a few amazing exceptions that I know of, but one thing's for sure: I need a thick ass yellow broad that knows what Gate's Barbecue is. And a watch that runs on Midwestern/CP time.
    test
  4. alexis

alexis MCB Moderator

Naw... We post footage from all over. Send it to alexis@emceebattles.com
    test
  5. djlucky

djlucky New Member

Midwest Battle

I dont necessarily favor any particlur region, but I am a born and radised Midwesterner.
    Anyways, next Friday (October 24th), we got the MC/DJ Battle 4 Midwest Supremacy, so anyone from the Midwest, or any place else, please come and represent.
    All the details are available at the still heavily under construction www.midwestbattle.com. Right now its just a basic info site. The official site wil llaunch soon.
    By the way, Rhymefest's roots are Chicago, he just moved to Indy a few years back. Other Midwest superstars: Common, Kanye West, Mac Lethal, Presence, Atmoshpere, Eminem, and countless others.
    test
  6. LIL' ECKO

LIL' ECKO New Member

big up to Nelly from the midwest
    test
  7. Epithet

Epithet New Member

wow... midwest is cool and all, but i just dont feel them @ all w/e holla
    test
  8. LoGiKaL ReAsOn

LoGiKaL ReAsOn New Member

fo real, big ups to the midwest

im in indianapolis too

another raw emcee from indianapolis is origin@l, you can see him rippin rhymefest on emceebattles.com
    test
  9. sixty cycle hum

sixty cycle hum short arms, deep pockets

Hi! hey ! im from chicago...and the west sucks. west has all wack rappers, backpacks, and 2 good battlers! everyone should be like the midwest! hey watch some clips of my midwest folks!

you are gay.
    test
  10. AgentofKarma

AgentofKarma New Member

was that an attempt at mimicing me? ur a herb, ur battle got removed from this site because you're garbage...ur beats sound like nerd rap...you probably listen to nerd rap...you probably dont know what BDP is or The Juice Crew or who made the albums Paid in Full or Strictly Business...in the 90s you listened to grunge, and now you listen to atmosphere and esoteric, you make beats on 808 simulators and dont know shit about chopping, sampling, or layering, you dont know how to cut, or mix, and all the sudden you're a producer...I AM HIP HOP motherfucker and ur just a child hanging on its coattails...waiting for it to throw you a lollipop, but naw mufucka...ur never gonna see that sucker...get some tables, get some wax, and write some non-abstract lines and plz above all else keep your punk ass out of the midwest...
    test
  11. DoC

DoC New Member

I'm not from the midwest but fortunately this where I live. TALENT? Fuck yes. My N*ggas from Qwel & Typical cats to Prime & middleground... to Cap D and ALL natural.. Juice... and the other muthafuckas ya'll know. Shouts to my man Lucky! whats good bwoyyyy!?? Holla @ me .. i'll be back soon.
    test
  12. Les W

Les W Was Helped By Point Game

what ya'll battlin for fun? No prize?
    test
  13. StAtUs CoUnCiL

StAtUs CoUnCiL SLaNtEd[ - - ]EyEs

Although I'm not from the midwest I'm goin to Indiana University right now and I must say, Hip Hop still isn't huge in Bloomington...there was a battle two weeks ago, Naughty by Nature came down and shit but still that's once in a while...they need to promote it a little more...in Bloomington at least
    test
  14. eX-I ThunderHut

eX-I ThunderHut New Member

sure, there's plenty of fakers out here, but they're EVERYWHERE... there is plenty of RAW talent out here in the West... haha! but you're right... there's a lot of garbage...

just wait... the West's true talent will rise once again........ it's already happening

test
  15. AgentofKarma

AgentofKarma New Member

ex-i...homie its me jay....

i know the west is ill main, u guys have the best market in the US right now, its like the golden age out there right now, shit flies off shelves...and i know the underground is holdin it didd-own...
    I was out in LA this summer... and i saw a lot that impressed me...

im actually moving to the bay area after i graduate next year to teach elementary students in an innercity schools for the teach for america program, and ill be psyched, it's tight how organized it is out there....

the midwest is gettin sizzlin tho, ima miss it

and for dude that goes to IU, i do also dog, and the B.I. has a good scene if you find it, i rock parties almost every weekend here and hit my email if ur interested jshepley@indiana.edu

plus the bluebird hosted hieroglyphics recently with little brother etc. they have a good schedule this year too (spot i was tellin u about ex-i) can ox is comin thru, i cant remember but a lot of ill groups...aceyalone did a show with prince paul and eyedea there a couple months back...the battles are usually aight, some memorable ones last yeat at Foster and at Collins, but its a lot of 8 milers... go to uncle festers on wed. nights, my man E2LI kills shit there DJing...

or go to Chi....i used to live there and havent been in too long, but the scene up there is excellent
    test
  16. sixty cycle hum

sixty cycle hum short arms, deep pockets

teeth you are a fucking idiot. first of all, you assume i listen to "nerd" hip hop like you know me. you say my beats are made on 80s synths and i cant chop? ok, sure. you rant about how dope the midwest is, then ex i says the west is coming up again and you totally change your attitude. whos the herb now?
    test
  17. AgentofKarma

AgentofKarma New Member

listen sixty you fucking child, because your fathers
    about to show you that your accusations are about as
    legitimate as my paternity...

i recognized that the west has skillz in my original post....as evidence:

"franco and nocando def. hold it down for cali right now...im feelin the line about ghostface first album, and the 8 mile retort, thats real shit..."

other emcees who impress me from what limited knowledge i have of them are ex-i, fredo, swarm shogun.... and ive made no secret of that...

if you had any capacity for analytical thought you might have reognized the nature of my post as a form of jealousy, even admiration...where I am, it's difficult to build something like with the unity, organization, and market that those involved in cali hip hop possess....
    see the prime/molemen joint called "the Sheppard" for a musical representation of what im referring to...
    however i wouldn't trade the way hip hop manifests itself in the midwest for anything, it is harder to build, and thus better on the whole, I ENCOURAGE those on the west to seize the precious opportunities laid at their feet...

You do listen to NERD RAP and heres the evidence:

"not only does dose one FLOW like that, the guy SOUNDS just like that when hes talking. i met him at amoeba, LA and i was amazed when he was talking. i thought the voice thing was all a front." -sixty cycle hum

dose one is nerd rap....bottom line

i mention forefathers of hip-hop as we know it, and you provide no evidence of knowledge, you need to take the time to respect those that built the culture that you now wish to be a part of.

ur correct, i dont know you, but I know those like you, and you are the person I despise....

you took a direct shot at me by saying something asinine like "you are gay" and you bit off way more than your 16 year old ass could chew...i hate talking shit on the internet, but if you said that to me in person, i would hurt you, disrespect from someone like you is unacceptable...and i would beat the hell from you in front of your crew...

but you wouldnt say something like that because you aren't a man, u are a little boy in a man's world, now i will forgive and forget because really, i pity you, keep your pride and recognize the nature of the individual you are engaging...because I am not for play
    test
  18. DaiN

DaiN King of New Orleans

every region do they thing in my opinion...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.