MIDI Keyboard with piano keys or synth keys?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by PLT Productions, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLT Productions

PLT Productions Baltics Most Wanted

I`m coppin a midi keyboard, i was in the yamaha shop yesterday and wanted to try out some midi keyboards. But shit, when i played the piano that one with piano keys was a lot better then others but when i played strings n cellos i felt myself uncomfortable. The keys were too hard n shit...I can`t decide, i`m composer thats why i`m trippin bout it. And damn, piano n string instruments r my fav. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    test
  2. The Militant

The Militant New Member

do you mean the actual keys on the keyboard were too hard, like a piano instead of a keyboard? if that is the case, then just get the one with the softer keys it will be a lot easier to play

or do you mean the sounds were too hard? then any synth can be tweaked you can adjust the attack and shit i would go back and try to figure out how to tweak the sounds...
    test
  3. PLT Productions

the difference between piano n synth keys..It`s lil hard to play strings on piano keys but on synth keys it`s harder to play piano..lol..i think ima cop that one with synth keys
    test
  4. Likle Gotti

Likle Gotti New Member

weighted keys vs non weighted keys

is what i think hes tryin to say
    test
  5. PLT Productions

1)Take the keys out of piano n put em into MIDI keyboard - MIDI Keyboard with piano keys
    2)Take the keys out of phantom or korg, put em into MIDI keyboard - MIDI Keyboard with synth keys. There two type of keyboards, same keyboards but different motherfucking keys.
    So MIDI keyboard with piano keys versus MIDI keyboard with synth keys.
    i unno bout that..Maybe i explained it wrong, i unno.
    test
  6. PLT Productions

yeah, i think my first post in this thread was pretty lame, lol..was on rush, my bad..lol
    test
  7. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

what you are saying is making you sound really retarded. maybe you worded it wrong or some shiit.

seems like your saying

the keys on a midi keyboard are heavier then those on a synthesizer?

maybe you havnt realized but actually keys come in all different weights.. ive played on pianos with fucking super heavy ass keys. and some with light ones. it has nothing to do with one being a midi keyboard and being a synth. there is no designated weight for midi keyboards and one for all synthesizers

so wat the hella reyou talking about is my question..
    test
  8. PLT Productions

Yeah, yeah that`s what i`m talkin bout...That keyboard with heavy ass keys was good for piano but it wasn`t that good for strings nahmean. But keyboard with light keys was good for strings but bad for piano.. So the problem is i can`t decide which one to buy...And all i want is some oppinions or suggestions.
    test
  9. BlaZeDemBeaTz

BlaZeDemBeaTz 5 Letters - YMCMB

yeah i think he was playing with weighted keys...weighted keys are good in some situations...but not really hiphop...and i feel bad for anyone doing drums on weighted keys
    get something non-weighted...most weighted keys are on 81 key-boards
    test
  10. BlaZeDemBeaTz

BlaZeDemBeaTz 5 Letters - YMCMB

or do it like these fruity loopers and play your keys on your computer keyboard...
    lol melodys be like Q-E-W-R=T-Y lol
    test
  11. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

lmao. you should have said that. the way you made it sound was like you didnt know if you wanted to get a midi keyboard or synthesizer.
    test
  12. BeatSlangaz

BeatSlangaz 08 is not your year!

LMAO!!!
    test
  13. The Militant

The Militant New Member

damn thats bumping im gonna bite that
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.