Michael Moore - Sicko

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by identity-X, Jun 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Are you arguing just to argue? You still won't flat out say i'm not a lair.
    nor will you say: I'm sorry for calling you lair. Regardless of how it went
    down. You still made a statement which I believe deserves an apology now.

I would've done a thorough check. Something you didn't do.
    It really wasn't that hard as I pointed out.
    test
  2. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

you realize we've been at this retardation for 3 hours?
    test
  3. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Like I said if you want to talk shit come to my door step. It's not a hard concept to comprehend. Yet you can't emotionally avert it.
    test
  4. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

i'm pretty sure i just did

damn right i won't. i made a statement that was, at the time, justifiable based on the evidence provided.

- you're still dodging
    - i'm asking a hypothetical question. In real life I would have cited the source I used from the beginning so nobody could claim I was a liar. This was something you didn't do.
    test
  5. identity-X

again...my claiming that you seem to be unable to answer a simple yes or no question - something a 3rd grader should be able to do - is not shit talking. it's a claim based in a fact...

...which is that you have not answered the simple yes or no question I've asked you.

jesus, talk about emotional. i point out that you're dodging and you respond by suggesting I come and "say it to your face"
    test
  6. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

You're implying it, but your not typing it.

You made a statement without thoroughly checking on it, Not only that it's nolonger justifiable. Which is why a apology is necessary.

[/QUOTE]

I know you are asking a hypothetical question. I'm giving you my hypothetical answer. If it is hypothetical I can answer it anyway I want.

- You're still dodging a typed out apology. ( I'm sorry menaz. you're not a lair)
    test
  7. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

What's the fact? Your typing a hypothetical. And I gave my answer.

See your getting emotional again. And your not dodging the apology?

I'm suggeting you man up and stop comparing me to a thrid grader because you think I'm not answering your question properly. I'm not comparing you to a moraless nazi because you won't say.. I'M SORRY!

My answer is you could be telling the truth, however, I would not call you a lair. Until I knew definitively.
    test
  8. identity-X

i don't know if you were trying to pass your original comment as truth or not. I'll never know. I can't know. however, I now know that the numbers were, in fact, cited elsewhere which means I can no longer, with any degree of certainty, say that you are a liar.

i thoroughly checked the primary source (the US/Canada survey) from which you claimed you obtained the statistics. why in god's name would I check elsewhere??

cop out...
    test
  9. identity-X

what's the fact? that you have not answered my yes or no question with a "yes" or a "no".

you've not answered it multiple times, which menas you're eather 1) dodging or 2) not comprehending the question. either way, prove me wrong...

i'm not dodging anything...i'm simply not giving you an apology. i have no reason to do so.

of course I could be telling the truth. I also could not be telling the truth. That doesn't answer the question

Would you have any reason to believe I was telling the truth?

If yes, what are those reasons?
    If no, why not?
    test
  10. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

That's back-handed smack, We know the infromation was there, so all you had to say was: "I can no longer, with any degree of certainty, say that you are a liar." That's all I wanted. A sorry would have been nice, but I doubt your big enough to say it.

Well the source I had said it came from the US/canada survey. Well I keept telling you my sources came from that source, which I thought was statistically correct. After you found the other source I stated quite clearly my statistics were a little bit off.
    test
  11. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I have answered it, along with an explaintion.

I have no reason to simplely answer yes or no. I Have answered it with an explaintion attached. stop getting emotional. You already have apologied.
    I wish it was more direct though.

Yes it does. If your not stating something I will check on it. Until I reach a conclusion. If I can not find a conclusion I will label it as hearsay. But I will
    not out-right call you a lair.
    test
  12. identity-X

In your first response (click HERE after I asked for your source you claim...

"It came from the Joint Canada/United States Survey of Health."

You don't mention that you cited a secondary source that cites the actual survey. So again...why would I have look anywhere else?

and again...

If I claimed that 93.6% of rapmusic.com users think you are christ resurrected, claim that a methodologically sound survey was carried out by a reputable agency in order to get this statistic and then do not provide a citation so that you may analyze the research yourself...

...would you have any reason to believe I was telling the truth?

If you won't answer with a yes or no, how about answering WHY you won't answer with a yes or a no?

If you don't want to join me at the big boy table I'm done with you in this thread...
    test
  13. Joro

Joro New Member

ID-X, to find out if Menaz was telling the truth you should have first polled a hundred Canadians and then a hundred Americans and found out how satisfied they were with their health care. Lazy.

But seriously - leave Menaz alone. He's probably dyslexic.
    test
  14. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I mentioned the Source: Joint canada/united states survey of health. I was under the impression that's were it came from. I call this you just getting upset because you had to apologies to me. Regardless, I got you to do exactly what I wanted. Yep!!! You couldn't get me to do what you wanted. nope! So stay pissed, I don't give a shit. This argument is retarded anyway!

If your not stating something I will check on it. Until I reach a conclusion. If I can not find a conclusion I will label it as hearsay. But I will not out-right call you a lair.

You're going to get the same answer everytime. You are now entering the state of Insanity. You keep doing the samething over and over while I just keep laughing at how mental you're getting over nothing.

Big boy table? No pun intended I hope? We're not even discussing anything. You're just upset you had to apologies. It's real simple you think you shouldn't have had to apologies. I thought otherwise and got what I wanted. Your not
    getting what you want. I proved you wrong.

I relate this conversaion to the mind set of "I know what you are but what am I" type of ignorance. I feel like I'm arguing with a child, I keep telling this child to clean his room, but the child keeps giving me subject change directing back at me as to why he shouldn't.

Menaz: clean your filthy room.
    Child: my rooms not dirty, you're glasses are dirty *stomps feet*.
    Menaz: There is food all over the place.
    Child: There's no food anywhere except on your shirt.
    Menaz: that's not pizza all the floor?
    Child: UMMM... UMMM... your shirts dirty.
    Menaz: LOL!

Tell me this is a joke? You got me laughing hard.
    This really tripping you out? If so, seek help!
    test
  15. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

We get it, he lied. He cited a source he thought you wouldn't find and got owned. But he's been owned so much for the same thing that it loses it's luster. [dunno]
    test
  16. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

UMMM, NO!

That's not what happend at all. Again, your stupidity, isn't following the conversation as usual.

Just say: Menaz I don't like you.

Keep it moving.
    test
  17. identity-X

menaz,

If I claimed that 93.6% of rapmusic.com users think you are christ resurrected, claim that a methodologically sound survey was carried out by a reputable agency in order to get this statistic and then do not provide a citation so that you may analyze the research yourself...

...would you have any reason to believe I was telling the truth?

If you won't answer with a yes or no, how about answering WHY you won't answer with a yes or a no?
    test
  18. Robotdeathforce

Robotdeathforce New Member

Help With A Term Paper About Sicko

Hey everyone, I'm writing a term paper for my Philosophy (Logic and Critical thinking). Here are the paper’s instructions:
    Identify Moore's thesis and the major reasons he gives support of that thesis. Identify the evidence that is given in support of the major reasons/persuasion/argument. Then, criticize his arguments.
    It would be very helpful if anyone could give me some suggestions or quotes from the film that could assist me with my process. I am not copying anyone’s opinions, I am simply asking for ideas or areas to look at in the film. Please email me with anything you have. I will cite if necessary.
    Thank you.
    Dustin Moseley. dusmoseley@yahoo.com
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.