Michael Moore - Sicko

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by identity-X, Jun 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

First off, You're just trying to find another way to insult me. Like I said come to my house if you want to insult me.

Secondly, I would do the poll myself if I cared, But I don't care what they think about me.
    test
  2. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

nobody has denied that at any point in this thread

YOU made the claim, ergo YOU should have provided citations.

After you (finally) mentioned that the statistics were from the US/Canada survey, I DID check for myself. Guess what...the numbers you initially posted where nowhere to be found. Again, what was I to think?

It wasn't until you provided the wikipedia quote (2 pages later) containing the percentages you initially posted that I even had enough information to head to google and "check for myself" anyway.

Oops...YOUR bad.

insertion?

anyone with two brain cells recognizes that the president works in concert with congress. no need in pointing out the obvious.
    test
  3. identity-X

1) i said IF. hell, replace "cocksucker" with "christ resurrected" if you wish.

2) you didn't answer the question. would you think i was telling the truth or lying?
    test
  4. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

You checked for yourself after doing so you found out I was not a lair. Yet you Swore up and down I was a lair. Like I said The Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Before opening your mouth aka typing you should have
    double checked long ago. That is what you should have done. I would still like
    a apology regardless.

The Act was Authored by Kennedy. It should have been pointed out the ACT was kennedy's not nixons. Michael moore's diatribe asserted quite a different picture which is Misleading.
    test
  5. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I did answer the question. On the first assertion I said I wouldn't care. I also said I would poll it myself If I did care.
    test
  6. identity-X

I haven't once called you a liar since viewing the wikipedia entry.

test
  7. identity-X

the question was...

"would you have any reason to believe I was telling the truth?"
    test
  8. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Was the evidence there? YES! So A apology is inorder. No matter if I gave it to you in small doses or what not. You just can't clam I'm a lair because you were too lazy to look. I gave you plenty of infromation to check on. Regardless the out come is the evidence was there. All you have to say is, I'm sorry for calling you a lair or you are not a lair.

It's truthfulness. Michael moore wasn't being forthright.
    It's unquestionable. He was misleading inorder to put all the blame on
    republicans. Anyone who is politically savvy would notice his weak assertion. It's demagoguery.
    test
  9. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I gave you my answer, I would poll it for myself, if I really cared to know.
    test
  10. identity-X

do you need me to hold your hand and walk you through it?

menaz: "83.2% of Canadians are not satisfied, 86.9% of americans are very satisfied"
    id-x: source?
    menaz: Joint Canada/United States Survey of Health, 2002-03
    *id-x checks the source provided by menaz*
    id-x: uh, dude...those numbers you posted are not the same as the numbers in the source you cite

at that point all of the evidence indicated that you lied. was i supposed to look somewhere OTHER than the survey you claimed to have gotten it from? what exactly could I have entered into google in order to find the numbers you posted?

menaz (2 pages later): oh wait, the numbers I posted originally came from this quote - "According to a Joint Canada/United States Survey of Health in 2003,..."
    *because menaz has posted a direct quote containing the numbers he initially posted, id-x NOW has enough information to do a web search*
    *id-x enters the quote into Yahoo! search...no results*
    *id-x enters the quote into Google search...AHA!*
    id-x: i know see the source you've been quoting the entire time. you have cited a secondary source that incorrectly cites the primary source.

at that point it became apparent that you probably did not lie. The numbers you provided were cited elsewhere, even if they were incorrect.

The burden of proof was on you from the jump. You posted the stats...you should have provided a citation.

oops...YOUR bad.

must everything be spelled out with building blocks?
    test
  11. identity-X

the question was...

"would you have any reason to believe I was telling the truth?"

or

"would you think i was telling the truth or lying?"

Your answer should be a YES or a NO. Any other response is an attempt to dodge the question.
    test
  12. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Instead of maning up and admiting I am not a lair. You're being a mere child.

Type this into google: 83.2% of Canadians are not satisfied, 86.9% of americans are very satisfied. You'll have the answer to your own laziness.

It was.

You did.

You should have tried harder.

however, it was According to a Joint Canada/United States Survey of Health in 2003.

Exactly, I'm not a lair. So Just Say meanz you are not a lair.
    Dude, this isn't a hard thing to do. It's called you admitting I'm
    not what you claimed.

The burden of proof was always there, You should have googled harder.

When he asserted something for a demagoguery purpose...
    One must be notified that the ACT was authored by Kennedy not Nixon as he tried to politically asserate as if democrats have a moral compass.
    test
  13. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

My answer should be what I said it is.

I will poll it for myself.
    test
  14. identity-X

you're not, but until you posted the wikipedia quote NOBODY had any reason to believe otherwise

I shouldn't have had to google anything in the first place. You provided stats, you should have cited the source.

You don't see authors publishing research and saying "you're going to have to hunt down the sources we cited on the own. And if they did, their audience would have no reason to believe they were telling the truth

i.e. if I provide the correct answer my entire line of reasoning for demanding an apology ([pus]) will fall to pieces and i'll look like a fucktard.

i ask a yes or no question. you duck. you dodge. you feed me bullshit.

how surprising...
    test
  15. identity-X

If I claimed that 93.6% of rapmusic.com users think you are christ resurrected, claim that a methodologically sound survey was carried out by a reputable agency in order to get this statistic and then do not provide a citation so that you may analyze the research yourself...

...would you have any reason to believe I was telling the truth?
    test
  16. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

You were the only one calling me a lair. I'm not a author publishing anything here. Thanks for saying i'm not a lair. That's all I wanted in the first place. You can make whatever excuse you want, but at the end of the day I didn't lie to you.

I feed you my answer on how I would handle the situation. See your getting emotional again.
    test
  17. identity-X

At the end of the day I had (past tense) no reason to believe you weren't lying...until you (finally) posted the wikipedia quote.

I haven't called you a liar since...

you responded to the question, you didn't answer it. i don't care how you would handle the situation, I want to know whether you would think I was lying or telling the truth. you're dodging. let's try again...

If I claimed that 93.6% of rapmusic.com users think you are christ resurrected, claim that a methodologically sound survey was carried out by a reputable agency in order to get this statistic and then do not provide a citation so that you may analyze the research yourself...

test
  18. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I'm not christ resurrected, and I know i'm not. Rapmusic can think whatever they want. I really wouldn't give a shit. Now if I thought I was christ resurrected and gave a shit enough to ask anyone on here if they thought the same. I'd be conducting it myself.

I gave you plenty to research for yourself, you should have googled harder.
    Actually it wasn't that hard to google.
    test
  19. identity-X

i don't care how you would handle the situation. I don't care about how you feel about others thinking you are christ resurrected. I want to know whether you would think I was lying or telling the truth. you're dodging. let's try again...

test
  20. identity-X

i'm starting to wonder about your level of reading comprehension. based on your inability to answer a simple yes or no question with a "yes" or a "no", I'd put it at about a 3rd grade.

but.....i could be wrong. how about you prove me wrong and actually answer what is being asked?

[teet]
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.