Michael Moore - Sicko

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by identity-X, Jun 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

Soultan...don't go criticizing ME for wasting time with this kid if you're gonna do it! [funny]

Arguing with menaz is like shooting ducks in barrel. THAT's why I do it. When I take a break from work and spend 20 mins responding to him, I'm not wasting time...that shit is therapy. I can go back to work when I'm done, completely refreshed and thinking to myself "hey....at least I'm not that dumb"
    test
  2. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I don't put my busy online like some losers. That is something narcissistic people do looking for acceptence. I don't care about your acceptence. Never have never will. Plus I've already said what I do. Many times.

Like I said if you want to talk shit you can come to my house an say it to my face. You're the ones wanting to talk this shit. So If you must talk this shit I see no reason why you can't do it to my face. Sounds to me like you just want to Slang insults through a computer screen because your bored, I'm not going to lower myself to play ground tactics. I said what I thought of identity-X and I would say it to his face. My opinion won't change. All I am saying is are you going to come to my house and pop off at the mouth? No your not. So why would you talk shit through a computure screen? Because your bored children.

Soultan, Only thing your known for is talking shit. That's it. Everytime you come around that is all you do. You are a true E-thug. I'm just saying Bring that trash talk to my door step. That's all i'm saying.

That way we can get in some physical therapy.
    test
  3. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Those statistics can be found.

I didn't lie at all.

No. I told you very rationally what happen. You resorted to calling me a Lair among other names. So I took a jab back at you. However, I'm not going to keep calling you names that is pointless over the internet. I'm not going to lower myself to your level, But if you feel that strongly come to my house and pop off. That is all i'm saying. Man-up!

"According to a Joint Canada/United States Survey of Health in 2003, 86.9% of Americans reported being "satisfied" or "very satisfied" with their health care services, compared to 83.2% of Canadians. In the same study, 93.6% of Americans reported being "satisfed" or "very satisfied" with their physician services, compared to only 91.5% of Canadians."

^ That is what I was looking at. I'm not going to be called a lair when I didn't lie You owe me an Apology.
    test
  4. identity-X

survey says...

...ding ding ding ding ding! [funny]

i called you a liar because the statistics you posted do not exist in the study you (eventually) cited. this isn't shit talking.

i would be shit talking if my attacks toward you were irrelevant to the topic at hand (calling you fat, retarded, emotional, or other juvenile names). I would be shit talking if I challenged you to drive 2.5 hours, come to my doorstep, and repeat said attacks to my face.

I did neither. quite simply, I'm not that fucking lame.
    test
  5. identity-X

your original claim...

83.2% of Canadians are not satisfied
    86.9% of americans are very satisfied​

...is not mentioned in the above quote.

Who knows if you were intentionally lying or not...at the very least you posted information that was untrue.

You should cite the source of that specific quote. All you have to do is look at the chart I posted above and you can see that the numbers in the quote are ALSO inaccurate. The correct percentages for health care services are 90% (not 86.9), 87% (not 83.2).

Are you drinking from the same well as the person who wrote what is quoted above?
    test
  6. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I'm not lying whatsoever. We agree the inital statistics found were inaccurate. That doesn't make me a lair nor dose it make what I said incorrect. Because the statistics are still higher in america's favor. All I want is a apology from you and don't ever call me lair.
    test
  7. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

You were shit talking. You are fat. You are emotional. That is just the truth. However, I wasn't lying. You have also called me other names and impiled things about me as well that just aren't true. Your whole approach is lame you fixiate on one thing which isn't really nothing at all. Because you can't deal with anything I say. You're just demagoguing. You come back to attack me for something again I didn't even lie about. Your starting shit. I didn't really challenge you. What I'm really saying is don't call me names through a computure screen when you know you'd never call me those names to my face. I find that lame.
    test
  8. identity-X

"83.2% of Canadians are not satisfied"

that, sir, is incorrect...
    test
  9. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

To which I cleared up the confusion by stating what I meant...I did not mean 80% of canadians were unsatisfied what I was saying is 86.9% of Canadians are not "Very satisfied" like Americas are. Which we now know is a fact only the statistics were off. I agree my statistics I read were not correct... doesn't change the fact americans are VERY Satisfied moreso than Canadians who are somewhat satisfied.
    test
  10. identity-X

in sum...

...when profit is the sole incentive, the "care" in healthcare suffers.
    test
  11. identity-X

- not only were the statistics incorrect, but you misinterpreted the quote anyway (where's that quote from btw?)

- nobody ever said canadians where more likely than American to be "very satisfied"
    test
  12. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

You're not listening. All I want from you is an apology. Not what it is you think I meant. I know what I meant. I just typed it out too quickly and presented it strangely, or you might have interpreted what I said in a different light.

I'm not wrong nor did I lie.

http://www.statcan.ca/english/freepu...XIE2003001.htm
    test
  13. identity-X

There's no misinterpreting what you wrote. It's incorrect whether or not you intended to present it as fact or not.

Until you quoted the above paragraph you presented ZERO evidence that the numbers you initially mentioned were not simply made up. You claimed they came from the US/Canada Survey and when I found the survey itself, the numbers you cited where nowhere to be found. What was I or anyone else supposed to think?

Remember back a few pages when I was talking about the importance of citing your sources? You know...when you said you shouldn't have to cite your sources...that I should try to search the billions of webpages myself for the statistics you provided? Had you cited THIS wikipedia entry (which I, again, had to go digging for just now) in the first place...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-payer_health_care

...nobody, myself included, would have ever claimed you made the numbers up out of thin air.

oops...YOUR bad.
    test
  14. identity-X

Just thought I'd point out that your claim that your source was not incorrect is, in fact, incorrect.

made me chuckle... [teet]
    test
  15. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

It's not incorrect. The statistics are Off. But what was stated is not incorrect. I still would like an Apology.

Now I would like to point out an insertion that Michael moores Video makes, but would not mention this for whatever reason.

"Introducing the HMO hearings, Kennedy said,"We need legislation which reorganizes the system to guarantee a sufficient volume of high quality medical care, distributed equitably across the country and available at reasonable cost to every American. It is going to take a drastic overhaul of our entire way of doing business in the health-care field in order to solve the financing and organizational aspects of our health crisis. One aspect of that solution is the creation of comprehensive systems of health-care delivery."

In 1972, President Richard M. Nixon heralded his desire for the HMO in a speech to Congress: "the Health Maintenance Organization concept is such a central feature of my National Health Strategy."4 The administration had already authorized,without specific legislative authority, $26 million for 110 HMO projects.5 That same year, the U.S. Senate passed a $5.2 billion bill permitting the establishment of HMOs "to improve the nation's health-care delivery system by encouraging prepaid comprehensive health-care programs."

In the Senate, Kennedy, author of the HMO Act, also encouraged its passage: "I have strongly advocated passage of legislation to assist the development of health maintenance organizations as a viable and competitive alternative to fee-for-service practice. . . . This bill represents the first initiative by the Federal Government which attempts to come to grips directly with the problems of fragmentation and disorganization in the health care industry. . . . I believe that the HMO is the best idea put forth so far for containing costs and improving the organization and the delivery of health-care services."On December 29, 1973, President Nixon signed the HMO Act of 1973 into law."

http://www.cchc-mn.org/privacy/hmoart.php3

It was a democrat named Ted Kennedy who introduced the ACT.
    The same ted Kennedy who is now against it.

I just thought I'd clear that up!
    test
  16. identity-X

"83.2% of Canadians are not satisfied"

that, sir, is incorrect...

because YOU failed to cite the wikipedia article that contained the numbers you posted?

pffft.

Jesus Christ himself could have initiated the push toward the creation of HMOs. I'd tell him to his face that it puts profit over care.
    test
  17. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

That is not what I meant. You're not listening. I'm not interested in what it is you think I meant. I know what I meant. I just typed it out too quickly and presented it strangely, or you might have interpreted what I said in a different light. To which I cleared up the confusion by stating what I meant...I did not mean 80% of canadians were unsatisfied what I was saying is 86.9% of Canadians are not "Very satisfied" like Americas are. Which we now know is a fact only the statistics were off. I agree my statistics I read were not correct... doesn't change the fact americans are VERY Satisfied moreso than Canadians who are somewhat satisfied.

I would like an apology for calling me a liar.

Jesus can't help you. Michael moore was not being forthright
    test
  18. identity-X

i get it. you goofed. just don't claim your original statement was "not incorrect"

I would have liked for you to cite the wikipedia source from the get-go. That way I would have no reason to think you were lying and you wouldn't have tried to cover your tracks for two pages until I found the entry. Until then, I was justified in using the label because I had no reason to think otherwise.

oops...YOUR bad.

Kennedy isn't the one who got caught on tape saying he supported HMO's because they allow investors to profit.
    test
  19. identity-X

Put another way:

If I claimed that 93.6% of rapmusic.com users think you are a cocksucker, claim that a methodologically sound survey was carried out by a reputable agency in order to get this statistic and then do not provide a citation so that you may analyze the research yourself...

...would you have any reason to believe I was telling the truth?
    test
  20. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I don't claim my the statistics are accurate. But I am claiming America is more satisfied. And the new Statistics still prove that.

The Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
    Now your in a position where I feel an apology is called for regardless. You falsely accused me without checking for yourself. Just say Menaz i'm sorry for calling you a lair.

Who's act is it? "Kennedy's" I am pointing out the Insertion michael moore makes isn't accurate. He claimed it was ALL nixon. Nixon took advantage and Kennedy took advantage.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.