Michael Moore - Sicko

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by identity-X, Jun 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

test
  2. KingMenace

KingMenace YOU MAD.

Michael Moore is a tool.
    test
  3. identity-X

Not entirely sure what that has to do with this movie, but.....
    test
  4. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

When a CT like king menance says michael moron is a tool. You know michael moron is a tool. So that would make anyone buying into his crap a sheepish tool by default.

After all the fraudulent propaganda he claimed was true in fahrenheit 9/11, Plus all the propaganda people are pointing out in sicko. Tool would be the right word for him. especially when he owns stock in Halliburton.
    test
  5. identity-X

fallacies or not he is good at 1) presenting stories about TRUE people that are affected by this shit and 2) creating conversation...

how's this for a story...I know the brother of the guy that died in Kansas City because the insurance wouldn't pay for his procedure. I interviewed the brother (Steddy) for a project I'm doing on hip hop (he emcee's here in Columbia) and he was telling me about it back in February. I didn't realize the guy they were talking about in the movie was Steddy's brother until a picture of Steddy and his brother sflashed across the screen. Then I put to and two together, checked the transcript of my interview to compare last names and nearly shat myself. It's insane how they treated dude...

I love that THREE people have come in here to comment on the movie before watching it. People did the same thing with Fahrenheit 9/11. I don't get it.
    test
  6. Joro

Joro New Member

Good lookin out ID-X, I just watched it. This could be one of the most important movies ever made.
    Menaz calling Micheal Moore a moron? Surreal ...
    test
  7. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Noone is against helping people, We might have different ideological methods to do this, but we are not against helping people.

I'm just making sure you double check the propaganda Michael moore is know for throwing down. *Shrugs*
    test
  8. identity-X

watch it folks! Red folks have been been behind this flick almost as much as Blue folks. Don't sleep!
    test
  9. Sodium

Sodium I Get Computers Putin'

whats the movie basically about
    test
  10. identity-X

It's about the health care system more generally and the for-profit insurance/pharmaceutical industry more specifically.

He interviews a bunch of people WITH insurance who couldn't get help because of procedures that weren't "pre-approved" (a woman in a car wreck had to pay for the ambulance ride because she didn't pre-approve it with the ins company), "experimental", or because of a "pre-existing condition" (including nausea, yeast infections, etc).

He visits Canada, UK and France.

Dispels myths about poor care, long waits, and lack of incentive on the part of doctor ("universal care" or "single-payer isn't at all the same as "socialized medicine")

Takes a bunch of 9/11 volunteers with horrible lung problems to Quantanamo...where Al-Queda members are guaranteed medical help. Then takes them to Cuba where they get treated for free (one woman gets a stock of inhaler medicine for $.05 a piece that she pays hundreds a piece for here in the states)

yeah...that about covers it. and again, whether it's 100% factual or not, he provids enough cases that could not be fabricated to get people talking
    test
  11. Leila Night

Leila Night efrain,you're my one&only

chea, It's down. I only watched a bit of it....

So, they don't have to spend hours in waiting rooms in Canada? And what percentage of their incomes do they spend on taxes?

Cuba is ridiculously awesome...
    test
  12. Tequila Jong-il

Tequila Jong-il SALAD TOSSER

Youre a fucking idiot.
    test
  13. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

You don't get it??!? Did you forget where in the hell you are? This is the introspecdumb. You were here posting during presidential elections, the war, blah blah blah. This is the place for people who don't know shit to compare notes. Here you come, a college professor, taking things too serious.

Wait for me to see this movie, then we can chop it up. Someone's gotta have it.
    test
  14. identity-X

*instructor*

i'll never learn :(
    test
  15. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

if it aint my favorite misandrist...
    test
  16. Leila Night

Leila Night efrain,you're my one&only

Is there something wrong with sandy beaches and some of the best physicians in the world?
    test
  17. identity-X

it bursts the bubble of the dreamworld reality that he lives in...
    test
  18. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

I'm downloading it now.

Did you say that he dispelled rumours of ques in the UK?

lol...
    test
  19. Tequila Jong-il

Tequila Jong-il SALAD TOSSER

There is something wrong with turning one of the most prosperous countries in latin america into an impoverished prison state, and then having dupes such as you and identity accept as gospel every claim to eminate from the crooks who did it.

Cuba does not have some of the best physicians in the world and even if it did there is a limit to what you can do, no matter how good you are, when the tyranny you work for has made it so you have virtually no access to medical treatments more sophisticated than leeches.
    test
  20. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Ask for an MRI in Cuba and the doctor will react as if you're asking to see God. It's not a fantasy, it's a reality.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.