Michael Jordan vs Kobe Byrant

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by TWAMP$iN, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

[​IMG]

get it right.
    test
  2. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

This is kind of a no contest, Jordan ftw!
    test
  3. Burnin PIFF

Burnin PIFF New Member

Yo Kobe is that nigga of this decade though there will never be another MJ but if you had to pick someone it'd have to Kobe. Its a different league now to though ppl can argue abt diff rules n shit like that
    test
  4. PR STATUS GFU

PR STATUS GFU Under The Influence

lebron james? anyone?? hahahah
    test
  5. GaLaTeA

No love for LeBron here, I guess...:scared:
    test
  6. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

he doesn't have a single ring to his name.
    test
  7. GaLaTeA

True...

I wouldn't consider myself a LeBron fan, nor hater for that matter, but I just feel like he gets way more credit than he deserves or has earned yet.
    test
  8. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

agreed.

he's a phenomenal but over hyped player.
    test
  9. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

Jordan is beating Kobe in every thing listed up there. Yet niggas still on Kobe's dick.

Sixers ballin' on Tapatalk
    test
  10. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

yeah, i don't understand it. hate him or love him, i do think Kobe deserve's second best player of all time though.
    test
  11. GaLaTeA

I honestly adore bball, but am getting frustratingly tired of the NBA in general. Since he (LeBron) came in, he has tried to brand himself as the next Michael Jordan. To say he has fallen short, is an understatement.

On another note; I'd like to see a lot more performance based incentive and a lower base pay on a lot of these guys, maybe, just maybe then they'd give a flying spur's squat about things like defense, winning, etc. It may be a little more entertaining than the whining and complaining, which is almost all that a lot of these players seem to do these days. And it's taking focus from the game itself.
    test
  12. ChaseWilson

ChaseWilson New Member

No one compares to Mike, but If i had to choose someone, it would be Kobe.
    test
  13. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Kobe is NOT #2 behind Jordan... that's the biggest thing I argue with... he ain't even number 2.

I would put Kareem and Magic above Kobe... and maybe even Bird.

Let Kobe pass those dudes first, then we can start comparing him to Jordan.

Kobe's not even the best Laker of all time... Jerry West, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, and Magic Johnson would be above him.

Kobe gets compared to Jordan because he modeled his game after Jordan and he has a similar physique to Jordan, but he doesn't have the accolades that Jordan has... he doesn't have the sustained period of dominance that Jordan has, either... Kobe didn't really become a "dominant" player in the league until after '01... which is about 5 years past his rookie year.

Jordan was dominant immediately... AI was dominant immediately... AI was arguably the best individual player in the league from '96-'01... with Shaq being the most physically imposing/dominant... but AI was damn near flawless, before Kobe even started carving a niche.
    test
  14. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

And it's not just about rings, either... Kobe could win 10 rings and he still wouldn't be better than Jordan all-time, because he wasn't as all-around a great player as Jordan... Kobe's mainly a score and a sometime defender... Jordan could play virtually every position, except for C... Kobe is never comfortable at the point like Jordan was, because all he wants to do is score... Kobe's game is not as beautiful as Jordan's was, either... because STYLE is a major component in to why Jordan is perceived as the best... his moves were poetic and he created a whole new style of play like Nas did when he combined all of the styles of the past greats... all Kobe does is mimic Jordan and he's still second-rate to him.
    test
  15. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

imma steal this for another Jordan/ Kobe argument i'm having.
    test
  16. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

lol at Kobes dumbass actually saying he is better.
    test
  17. Sccit444

Sccit444 New Member

people dont realize, Jordan was drafted into a perfect situation, where he was HANDED the franchise from day 1...Kobe had to work for his, he had to bust his ass, and EARN the keys to the greatest franchise in basketball history. Had Kobe been drafted to that awful Bulls team out of college, no doubt he'd have some more 30+ PPG seasons under his belt, as well as MVPS, and many other individual accolades. but fact of the matter is, coming out of high school, and playing with the most dominant player of all time for a good portion of his career has hindered his inidividual accomplishments. lets also not forget that Michael came into the NBA at a perfect time, when individual marketting just began taking off. he got the push from david stern that kobe could only get in his wildest dreams. as far as individual play, Kobe and Jordan are neck and neck...I do say that if Kobe ends his career with 6+ rings, he will undeniably be in the discussion for GOAT.
    test
  18. ComptonRiLLO

ComptonRiLLO New Member

i agree with sccit444 a hundred percent. LISTEN Jordan was playing against guards that were 6'4. the league was smaller back then. KOBE came into the big league. kobe's numbers are low because of his rookie season, eliminate that season. and his stats RISE.
    the finals mvp was obvious jordan. even tho nobody showed love to scottie pippen
    for all his work he did. THAT MAN PLAYED HIS HEART OUT ON BOTH ENDS.
    HE WAS LEBRON-ESQUE except with a better shot. JORDAN HAD SHOOTERS ON HIS CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS. 30ppg don't win SHIPS.. sorry for ya. you act like he had smush parker kwame brown luke walton.. oh wait kobe had that team before.. come on.. KOBE PERFORMED AFTER MORNING COURTS.. flew from l.a. to colorado.. then to another city, and dropped 33.. come on now. KOBE'S FINGER IS BROKE!! BEEN BROKE FOR A LONG TIME!! ON HIS SHOOTING HAND!! so he developed the lefty shot. kobe adapted so many facets to his game. he even does the nowitzki NOW!! OBVIOUSLY the love went to shaq in the media. because they realized they were gonna win 10 championships together and kobe would eventually carry the torch. BUT SHAQ WAS THAT DUDE. yes. no disrespect to the diesel. he's my dude to this day. KOBE DID THINGS NO MIND WOULD EVER THINK WERE POSSIBLE. STILL DOES. goes 2-19 the whole game. and when it counts.. drowns the go-ahead, game-winning three. WHO DOES THAT? KOBE. yes he shoots alot. yess he sometimes overshoots, and shoots the team out.. but when he is at a hundred percent and motivated.. no stopping the lakers. KOBE WILL WIN ANOTHER RING. we have. Kobe, Pau, Drew, and SESSIONS IS OUR 4th option?? HAHA. its over with mann.. anyways. KOBE SHOULD HAVE WON ANOTHER MVP OR 2. ESPECIALLY THE ONE WHERE NASH GOT HIS SECOND. THAT SEASON WHEN KOBE DROPPED 81. OH YEAH HE DROPPED 80FUCKING1 POINTS ON AN NBA TEAM.. DAMN.. ONLY 19 AWAY FROM WILT. 20 FROM HISTORY!! MAYBE AN OVERTIME OR TWO. THA FUCK.. NOT TAKING NOTHING AWAY FROM JORDAN. BUT THIS LEAGUE GOT BETTER WHEN JORDAN LEFT AND KOBE STEPPED IN. PEOPLE GOT MORE ATHLETIC. LMAO. JORDANS RIVAL WAS LARRY BIRD.. WTF. THEIR NOT EVEN THE SAME POSITION.. AND THE ATHLETICISM?? HAHAHAHA. OH WAIT NO HIS RIVAL WAS PAT EWING.. HAHAHAH. WAIT ISN'T THAT A CENTER? AHAHAHAHA. FUNNY SHIT MAN.. GTFO HERE. JORDAN BIASED ASS NIGGAZ ARE LIKE TUNNEL MINDED HOES. THEY WANT THAT MUFUCKIN SIZE 6 STILETTO TO FIT, WHEN THEY KNOW THEY GOT A SIZE 9 FOOT!! LAKER NATION FOREVER!! BULLS 6TITLES. LAKERS 16. :) OHYEAH. MAGIC HAD 19PPG IN HIS CAREER. AND 5 SHIPS. SO KOBE HAS 25 PPG AND 5 SHIPS? WHATS THE ARGUMENT? I LOVE MAGIC. TRUST ME. HE'S NUMBER ONE IN THELOS ANGELES COMMUNITY FOREVER. BUT IF IT WERENT FOR AIDS, MAGIC WOULD BE THE NUMBER ONE LAKER. KOBE IS NUMBER ONE ON THE LAKERS SCORING LIST. JUST SAYING. R.I.P. CHICK HEARN.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.