Michael Jackson: Better/Faster/Stronger?

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

In the shaddows of the recent fall of the iconic Mike Tyson and hearing the distant drums of an air jordan that will soar no more, can the last (and first) bastian of Michaeldom regain the consciousness of the populous after what has been deemed the biggest case to hit entertainment in recent history? In analysing the recording industry and the history of this noted recluse, I put forth that it can be done.

Much has changed even since Michael's last attempt at pop status; 2001's double platinum (yes, he did sell 2.1 million of that one) "flop" called "invinceable". Since then, Napster and Kazaa have essentially gone the way of the dinasour, and legitimate download sites have gained steady ground in the marketplace. Now, with itunes, Rhapsody and the New Napster, an album can become ubiquitous without having to worry about shipping costs and manufacture to the label. millions of albums can be sold essentially from an artist who hasn't even pressed a single tangible copy.

Moreover, in the past four years, the internet has grown as a means of advertisement leaps and bounds over previous years; even the dot com boom. What has done this is two fold: (a) the advent of high-speed internet, and (b) the growth in number of people who HAVE highspeed internet.

The Prince Factor.

Why hasn't Michael learned anything from his only real competition over the past quarter decade? The artist formerly known who's now known as Prince in 1997 learned that he didn't need record labels to really garner sales. Since he had sold 10's if not hundreds of millions of albums worldwide, he figured he could sell at least 100 thousand copies of the 5 disc "Crystal Ball" set over the internet (when people didn't even have dsl or cable!) And guess what? he did it. His album was the first that this writer ever bought online for fifty bucks, affording me a copy of Karmasutra on CD; something never offered again. He did it all in house. He produced and wrote it all himself (of course), recorded it himself (of course) even manufactured it himself and shipped it himself. out of 50, let's assume he made 30 bucks off of each sale. He made a cool 3 million that way. WITHOUT A VIDEO OR TOURING OR ADVERTISING! And those are conservative numbers. And he's the SECOND most noted artist in history. Michael is as yet unsurpassed.

On Michael's worst day, he sold as many albums as even Kanye West or The Game to date. Both of those artists went double plat (though Game is still going), and they got the full market press of Def Jam and Interscope respectively; the veritable Motowns of the modern era. With all the push in the world, and I mean ALL THE PUSH IN THE WORLD where people even get shot at, they only did as good as Michael on his absolute worst day. On an AVERAGE day, Michael sells as much as Usher's last outting. On his best day, Michael starts to hit Oprah numbers. Forget the industry, the tide is set for the man with the best recording talents of all aforementioned artists (yes, Mike can out-sing Usher and Prince combined...) to take over. With Sony Music working hard NOT to promote his album, Mike still sold 2.1 million. In who's mind is that a "flop"?

"There Is No Such Thing As Bad Publicity"

Mike's face has been and will be all over the world every day, so far, for about a year. Now might be a good idea to drop another greatest hits album, wth songs like "Leave Me Alone" and "Childhood" and "D.S" (PYT Pretty Young Thing might not be the best of options). People have already said he can take this act to vegas. Why? Many people don't know that he has his hand in ownership of a lot of vegas, and even the big Pink monstrosity "The Atlantis" in the Bahamas (along with...you guessed it...Oprah). He's not broke, he's cash poor. What he CAN do is get some quick cash. Now how?

1. He sings better than anyone doing hooks today. Charge a cool 200k for a hook. If I had it, I'd pay for it. Fuck R. Kelly, Fuck R. Isley, Fuck Bobby Valentino really, really hard, Fuck Ciara. (No seriously. Fuck Ciara.) Can you imagine how much a baller you'd have to be to have MJ on yo hook? Imagine a Jay-Z song with MJ on the hook (we know Mijac with a noted rapper on the song doesn't work to well, ask Biggie. But the other way around works. Ask Jiggaman from the 2000 summerjam...) How about a Mariah and MJ collabo? Ideas that all artists would jump at.

2. Drop another album. Apparently, he can sell 2.1 million of those with essentially no radio play, no real videos, and no interviews or print adds. [dunno] Just hit 'em with new shit, do a new inexpenive video (we just wanna see you dance, Michael. We'll watch Star Wars dvd's if we want special effects), and don't dress like Cap'n Crunch this time. he can make 20 million just by doing that. EVERY YEAR.

3. Tour overseas and do a smaller tour over here at a couple of key stadiums: Staples Center, Madison Square Garden, etc. That's a hundred mil easily. One last tour.

Those are just three ideas. he's forty six years old now. He can continue dropping albums of good assed music for another 20 years a la james brown and R. Isley. (The isley brothers recently went platinum)

oh, and 4: No more R. Kelly collabos. Get Missy and Timbo to write you some shit. Maybe Ursher.

In conclusion, on his worst day, Mijac is still a superstar, going multiplatinum. Rappers sell a quarter of that ONCE, and claim they a baller. He can sell 2 million every year for ever. In essence, he has a whole Jay-Z career worth of money ahead of him.

And that's the worst case scenario!
    test
  2. 6th_plague

6th_plague More then meets the eye

my bad this was suppose to be a new post...
    test
  3. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

I like prince better too, but Michael is a far superior singer. He just can't be called a musician, and few even come close to prince's expertice.
    test
  4. 6th_plague

6th_plague More then meets the eye

i was thinking michael as a better entertainer rather then a singer or musician...its like his performances were like wow....
    test
  5. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

sit back and listen to his slow songs. Especially off that last album. Really listen to how he recorded that shit. It's infallable. He shits on prince in that arena.
    test
  6. iconoclast_

iconoclast_ PoorBoy Lover Plus

test
  7. relliK dnegeL

relliK dnegeL New Member

i like michael jackson better then prince.

i got the michael jackson number one's cd.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.