MGS4: M.ore G.reat S.wag 4 - the countdown sign-in and first impressions Movement

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Radium, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Radium is absolutely right......but

who the fuck cares...lmao...i enjoyed every second of this game from gameplay to prescripted movies......

as an experience this game had me hooked from beggining to end......i'm still watching the credits as i type, wondering if i get to see some more ...lol......

but yeah, it really lacked in gameplay...i mean the gameplay was fun as all hell...but it was very little of it per act.......the first act had the most........

the final fight was the most memorable of all of them to me, since the ending of the first metal gear solid that is........i liked the take it back to the beginning to end it feel of the game.....

i'd say this game was about 20 hours, with 10 or less hours of gameplay...
    test
  2. Radium

Radium f k

nigga i paid 65 dollars to have a life changing experience which I had grown accustomed to with previous MGS games....

I'm mad it didn't happen this time
    test
  3. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

c'mon man...every metal gear game can be beat in like 5 hours if you skip cutscenes

what did you expect?

and the camera alone made this one better than all others........
    test
  4. Radium

Radium f k

lol @ the camera alone >>>> actual gameplay
    test
  5. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

camera control is part of gameplay...lol..wtf
    test
  6. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Word, I remember I used to be able to beat the original Metal Gear Solider in like 2 hours and 50 minutes without killing anyone or getting any alerts. That game was fresh to death though and I probably beat it 30 times.

Still for 60 bucks, you feel like you would get more gameplay time.
    test
  7. ReverseSWAT

ReverseSWAT Active Member

Play Metal Gear Online..?
    I know I'm gonna replay MGS4 tons more times as well as play MGO.
    So much depth with ways to approach things.
    test
  8. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Ill replay the game, im not interested in the online. I dont like getting on the mic and being strategic. Ill stick to COD4.
    test
  9. Tequila Jong-il

Tequila Jong-il SALAD TOSSER

Feels like a sub par movie with a game tacked on. Dont feel it.
    test
  10. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

I'll be honest, I just beat Laughing Octopus a couple days ago. So far, this game feels like an extention version of MGS3. Alot of tedious sneaking....sometimes I just had to gun my way out of situations which is more fun I think. I think it's a great game so far...it just has it's moments where it's pretty difficult. It appears to be getting easier...but I won't speak too soon. It took me 3-4 tries to beat Laughing octopus...although...I drained her energy down to the last notch on the first try..so the boss fights still arn't THAT formidable....those stupid Beauty and the Beast army women are tough as nails though.
    test
  11. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

i agree....the game has its moments of brilliance

the game is pure fan service........
    ....but its far from great......dudes in here praising it like the coming of christ.......its far from that...the story is flawed with way too much excessive shit....which is normal for mgs....but by this time after playing through other games with exceptional stories....it makes this one not really stand out that much....its good the series ended with this game....cause it couldnt stand more drawn out bullshit for another game......

A lot of the dialog was horribly bad.....a lot of dudes dont even see it cause they are such big fans of the game that they see no flaws....that meryl akiba scene? was one of the worst scenes ive ever seen in a big budget game.....actually it WAS the worst....that shit was extra corny....the ending was ridiculously drawn out.......i was waiting for fool to die for what?...20-30 minutes? consistently giving you false alarms over and over again.......shit was retarded.....a certain cyborg characters ending was ridiculously bad and took away any of the importance of his character...he didnt need a happy ending....or if it was going to be that happy...it needed some tragedy in it to make it worth remembering....otacon's crying had me wanting to stab someone....that nigga sounded like a faggot

for a game that is mostly cutscene...the cutscenes werent great..unless someone was shooting or fighting...then they were ok.....and honestly the story and acting wouldnt stand up to any other media except manga and anime...its only slightly forgivable because its metal gear solid and we have learned to expect shitty writing and acting.....but to sit here and say the game is the best...and to say that its a pinnacle of storytelling in gaming is bullshit.....its nothing near that......and its a disgrace to the game industry to even imply that...

aside from all the negative shit....it had its enjoyable moments.....act 4 was fun as shit....i enjoyed sneaking through the jungle and the city streets....and the final fight felt epic.....if not at times drawn out and overdone....

the game deserves an 8 and nothing more....

Its not a better game then bioshock, mass effect, GTA4 , Cod4. Half life or Portal
    test
  12. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

.........agree to disagree
    test
  13. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

Yea, I agree to disagree too. MGS4 is a great game...probably #2 or #1 in the series next to the first playstation MGS. I don't know why people are saying it's a disgrace to gaming...I've played alot of bad games this yr and this ranks up top with Bioshock, Call of Duty 4 and Super Mario Galaxy as one of the better games I've played this year. Yes, this game is driven by it's storyline...anyone who has EVER played ANY metal gear game knows this. Everybody is different though...im not one to argue. I think it was a well designed game. Yea, it has it's quirky moments of unreasonable events and stunts...but thats why it's called a videogame. No game is without it's flaws.
    test
  14. LiQuiD6

its not a disgrace to gaming........its a disgrace to gaming to say its the best game released recently....for a story driven game....the execution of the story is poorly done between the writing and scripted dialog....

your not done with the game im assuming....
    test
  15. Radium

Radium f k

the final fight was basically just a mini game
    test
  16. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

the meryle akiba scene was fucking hilarious...wtf.......

i guess some of it will be bad, if you don't get the quircky humor in the game....

shitty acting and writing?? wtf, only bad written metal gear was 3.......

and otocan's horrible voice acting is what makes the game great....lol

i guess to me it blends big budget movie with B movie perfect...i love it.....

i guess some won't get it all.......
    test
  17. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

not true.....I could say Bejwelled was the best game of the year.....

all that matters is what's the most FUN....

I played through bioshock, all the way to like the end...never beat it...got bored...

Played Mass effect, still aint even a quarter the way done (and I love bioware games just got no time for all that extra shit, so i lose interest)

Assassins creed.......fun game, but overrated.......really boring quests

GTA 4, still on 30 percent.....lost interest....

Drakes fortune.....My favorite game i've played in a while.....

Metal Gear solid 4 is right up there with not only the most memorable, but funnest games i've played in the past couple years....with like gears of war, drakes fortune, Oblivion (still aint beat but still playing..lol)

so it's still a matter of opinion....

even if one game is technically better, has better graphics, story, even gameplay.....it may just not be as fun or enjoyable......

fun is what i measure games by, metal gear solid 4 was insanely fun and memorable......
    test
  18. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

metal gear is like Evil dead meets Apocalypse now.......lol
    test
  19. LiQuiD6

im working on uncharted now...i think im almost done with it cause i hear its short...but im on the chapter 9 with the jetski shit
    test
  20. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

yeah, your close.....i loved that game.....it's about 8 or 9 hours though...but man it's a dope ass ride all the way through IMO
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.