MGS4: M.ore G.reat S.wag 4 - the countdown sign-in and first impressions Movement

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Radium, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radium

Radium f k

wtff

why come i didnt get this though?

I was playing on solid normal i just got some facemask of one of the BB's when i completed
    test
  2. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

tranq their second forms for all 4
    test
  3. ReverseSWAT

ReverseSWAT Active Member

I just beat the game, took me 25 hours and I must say......

THIS IS THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME.
    My #1, nothing else comes close. MGS4 is perfection through amd through. Movies AND Games wish they could be this good.
    test
  4. Radium

Radium f k

do you not realize act 4 was just a sneaking mission and a pre guided motorcycle chase and act 5 was just 2 rooms and a boss battle?

have you even played MGS1-MGS3?

I can't see how anybody who is a fan of this franchise can co-sign this as a step forward.
    test
  5. vinyl academics

that was act 3

the gameplay is a huge step forward.....its better than 1-3......3 was my favorite game ever before i played 4

it took me longer to beat than 1 and 2(3 bein the exception due to overusin codec) and has more gameplay hours than any of them

ps: act 3 was amazin
    test
  6. Radium

Radium f k

it also took me longer to beat but that was because 22 hours of that was watching cut scenes. I am a MGS fan to my bone gristle I am speaking clear heart on this am I.

trust me

there is no bias or hate only dissapointment

act [3] was just a sneaking mission where you follow a guy around and then a pre guided bike chase where you would have suceeded even if you did virtually nothing it was so pre guide

then a boss battle where the only strategy was to wait for her to fly in aand shoot her with an rpg and repeat

there is nothing you can say to make that seem like it was

rich with content or gameplay

it simply wasn't

the shadow moses level was good but keep it funky there was no sneaking in there you basically just walked around from room to room until you fought vamp (the easiest boss is MGS history). this is NOT up to the standars of previous MGS games where you must puzzle solve find items to unlock new sections and SNEAK. there was none of this present.

the metal gear fight was piff + 1 point for that

the next act was just 2 rooms and a boss battle

2 rooms? youre trying to defend 2 rooms and 1 boss battle as lush or content heavy? there is more gameplay in the first level of Super Mario.

then you fight Liquid on top of Arsenal Gear which was piff but compare that to the previous boss endings of the franchise

the giant boss battles of MGS 1 MGS 2 and MGS3?? the ones that had several different parts?

this one was just a fist fight with Liquid

I love the franchise and I love this game but people are overrating this leading me to belive they never played any MGS games before in their lives. If they did they would clrearly see it was a step backwards
    test
  7. vinyl academics

when did i defend either act? i said act 3 was amazing but didnt deny it was light on gameplay.....liquid is the 2nd best endgame boss....only The Boss in 3 was better.....liquid fight was fuckin epic.....period

ps you really used an rpg on the boss in act 3? easy way out

just my opinion though....
    test
  8. vinyl academics

crying wolf battle is one of my favorites in any mgs, too
    test
  9. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Seriously, Radium has some points.
    While I do think this is a step forward in almost every way, it's still flawed. I'd say its still a 9/10 game and the original Metal gear Solid is still a better game.

Game play wise there was alot of improvements, however I disapprove of anytime I have to pause a game to change equipment. I hate that. The fact that you dont get bothered by codec all the time is much better, but there is WAY TOO many parts where you watch a cut scene, take 6 fucking steps and get another cut scene. Load times are absurd as well. I dont think the cut scenes are too bad, however I am only at act 3. The cut scenes at the beginning of the acts are ridiculous. The story is still over blown and convoluted which is why Mr Kojima needs 4 and a half hours of CGI to try and get it across.

The missions in themselves are as varied as a game could ask for. Metal Gear has always been pretty intuitive in its mission structure and this game is no different. However I think act 3 is kind of wack, it is probably better than sneaking past soldiers for 5 straight acts.
    test
  10. Radium

Radium f k

The only reason that the Liquid fight was epic was because it was fought on top of Arnsenal Gear. If it was fought in an empty room do you think it would still be piff? I mean it only looked epic the gameplay of it itself wasnt actually epic. This in general is the basic problem with this game to me. It depended more on flash and style than on gameplay and substance. The theme of that ran throughout the entire game and its proven by how cut scene heavy this game turned out to be. Honestly especially the final parts of the game was more movie than game.

The Raiden/Solidus sword fight >>>> this wack slow fist fight

but that crying wolf boss battle really was top 5 dead or alive in the MGS franchise

it looks like you agreed with the rest of my points you didnt even try to defend the massive rush job that was act 5 or I should say those 2 rooms and 19 cut scenes.
    test
  11. vinyl academics

i dont agree with the other points either but im usin the ps3 browser....im not typin that much....
    test
  12. vinyl academics

but ALL the games were this dialogue/cutscene heavy....it wouldve been epic regardless because the entire series came to a head right there....and i fuckin loved it for it......it was 50/50 gameplay-cutscenes in my playthrough
    test
  13. Radium

Radium f k

2 rooms, 19 cutscenes
    test
  14. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Yeah^
    I dont feel like this game has more cut scenes than other games. Granted I am not finished yet...
    Some of the cut scenes are longer, but I played Twin Snakes before this, and there was MANY parts where you went from Codec to cut scenes, take 3 steps and back to codec. I aint mad at the cut scenes because they are expected in Metal Gear.

I was disappointed in the lack of codec though. You dont EVER use it. Other games it was too much codec, but now, you get a long cut scene at the beginning then Otacon running his fucking lips on Mark II. I dont think ive used the codec once, unless I was forced too.
    test
  15. Radium

Radium f k

see you just proved my whole point right there. the game being good was based more on its look and story than on its actual game play and you just admitted that
    test
  16. Radium

Radium f k

oh you will, trust me you will
    test
  17. vinyl academics

really was just 4 or so........just one 80+ minute one seemed like 10
    test
  18. vinyl academics

how? the entire series is this way...it always has been....this is no different
    test
  19. Radium

Radium f k

2 rooms, 19 cut scenes

1 main room and then a hallway with nothing in it
    test
  20. vinyl academics

then technically 3 rooms by your logic......deck, boss then hallway......doesnt matter though.....i loved it...you didnt...i think we'll both live
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.