MGS4: M.ore G.reat S.wag 4 - the countdown sign-in and first impressions Movement

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Radium, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radium

Radium f k

as we close down on these final hours

and look back at what god has given us

and we can look forward to MGS4

god has never given us something like this until now

this is something to consider

this is the greatest

I say game probably ever and I say this purely on baseless hype

game of the century

sign-in if you're copping at midnight or tomorrow, first impressions and so forth
    test
  2. The 2nd

The 2nd Bnned

My first experience. Probably one of my favorite games of all time. Metal Gear Solid 1 for Playstation 1.

3+ hours fighting that one guy in the office before I finally realized you were supposed to change controller ports.
    test
  3. The 2nd

The 2nd Bnned

Oh, Im definitely getting this as soon as I can. Its the reason I bought the PS3 in the first place. I have all 3 and the storylines are fucking unreal.
    test
  4. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

enjoy watching your 'game' ..
    test
  5. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

it's in my ps3 right now.....22% complete installation....

ARGAHGHAHAHA @ having to install games on hte ps3.....

i'm geeked, first game i've actually gotten day off in the mourning in a LONG time

and for some reason walmart aint have it....good thing target across the street...

chuch!!!
    test
  6. Dark_Sun

Dark_Sun Phantom of the Forums

Yall are killing me bout rubbing it in. My transmission on my truck went out, I lost my job on Tuesday and I find out if my next child is gonna be a boy or a girl in about 45 mins but I've waited all year for this day hoping to own a PS3 just to play this game and now it seems like the world is crumbling before me in financial frustration. It's not fair I tell you...
    test
  7. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

well all i can say so far is

MY GOD!!! The game looks amazing, the control scheme is streamlined FINALLY, no more fussing with the goddamn camera angles.......

only 1 thing would have made it better(so far maybe this will happen), interactivity during the ACTION cutscenes.........so far it was just regular

the mission breifing though, you could fuss around with the camera and shit, which added some flavor....

but WOW @ how amazing this game looks and feels.......it's like when you first played gears of war, how amazing the graphics are....
    test
  8. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

man, don't worry, the game will be waiting for you. trust it aint going no where, you gotta take care of real life first....

i'm just so stressed out, that all i wanna do is play video games ATM..lol
    test
  9. ReverseSWAT

ReverseSWAT Active Member

This game is cracknificent.
    Hype = Justified
    test
  10. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

damn job cutting into my MGS 4 time......

fuck!!!
    test
  11. ReverseSWAT

^^^ Thats what happened to me. Had to work today and couldnt focus, but atleast I got fri n sat to play
    test
  12. The 2nd

The 2nd Bnned

Fuck. Im broke as shit. I have to wait till the 20th and seeing as how thats usually bill time I might have to wait till even later.

Nooooooooooooo!!!!

Actually. Im gonna play Metal Gear 3 for now. Just to lighten the frustration a little.
    test
  13. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

ign perfect 10 in america, 9.9 in uk, and 9.5 in Australia...lol.....

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/881/881472p1.html

first game in a very very very very LONG time, that's had me this exited while playing it.....i don't know why, but i've been a big fan since mg 1 and this is just the epitome of what metal gear should be.......
    test
  14. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

only problem witht he game...

cqc fucking sucks and looks tacky as fuck....
    test
  15. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

CQC has always been wack, I only used it once in MGS3..and that was in the end when you had to fight "The Boss". I just either sneak past guys or hit them with knockout darts.
    test
  16. ReverseSWAT

I use the MKII and just taser they ass from a safe location.. LOL
    So far this game is classic already and I've only just got up with Meryl and her ratpack
    ROFLMMFAO@Akiba
    I won't "soil" it for you but that "shit" was fucking comedy.
    test
  17. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

^^LMAO, Yeah it is

i'm right past that part myself...
    test
  18. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

I heard there's a 90 minute cutscene. lol

I hope that's incorrect, but i was on youtube looking for game footage and all i could find were drawn out cutscenes. Lots of them and going for 10 mins and shit. Plus it was cheesey stuff too. Like bad anime meets computer animation.

How much of it is like that? I havent played a MGS since the first or so from ps2, and all i remember from it was sneaking around a boat, and a flame throwing boss.

getting my ps3 back soon, but i dont want the game if i have to sit through tons of cutscenes.
    test
  19. Radium

Radium f k

wow I just beat this game and I can say this was one of the best movies I have ever seen

I feel like Kojima was just testing the game engine for this one because there was a severe lack of gameplay. only in acts 1 and 2 are there real sections of gameplay and they both basically mirror each other. the remaining acts are mostly cut scenes or COD4 styled mssions were things are pre-guided and happen anyway regardless of what you do

the worst MGS in the franchise

Snake eater remains King, Twin snakes at 2, SOL at the 3 position as far the next gen MGS games go

I predict in MGS5 you play as Raiden and the game engine will be more fleshed out. I think MGS4 was ultimately a tester for MGS5.

before you cop know one thing

more than a considerable half of the game is cut scene
    test
  20. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

game is amazing......
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.