Meta Maestro Sexin' The Keys Pt2 - Synth N BLUES! (VIDEO)

Discussion in 'Lipstick Gallery' started by M.Maestro, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

"Improvisation (music), in music, the art of extemporization or creating all or part of a composition at the moment of performance. To improvise effectively a musician must thoroughly understand the conventions of a given musical style. These conventions provide a sort of mental library for the musician—effective chord sequences, rhythmic patterns, melodic motives, and so forth—that are combined, varied, and used as a starting point for new inventions. Such resources help give the resulting music the cohesiveness it needs while allowing room for spontaneous creativity."
    test
  2. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

I don't play flowing pieces.. I can though.

I'd rather prepare myself and wait until that oppurtunity arises. People seem to love my looped music at the moment, so I'll build that area up until this one burns out.. which will probably be a while.
    test
  3. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

All chords are looped though. Even in 80s, 70s music. That's basic song structure.

Honestly, in certain music, there's no more than 3-5 chords used in the beat.. and it's just repeated with different rhythm, or inversions.
    test
  4. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

It's not so much the fact it's looped, most music is to a longer degree. It's the drum line manner in which alot of it is created.

Can't you loop a more flowing sound? It's a bad example, but 'Shootouts' is the only one coming to mind. Actually, TROY, etc.
    test
  5. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

Yeah, I can. Those drums were repititive, I admit. But I have a lot of beats, where there's tons of changeups.

I honestly think, working strictly from software, limits me as a composer, musician. I need to be surrounded by other musicians, and then I can really arrange, and do breaks, and change ups like I dream to do.

What I do on here, is like chapter 1 of what I really want to accomplish as a producer. At the moment, I have to improvise, no pun.

I don't even think I'm anywhere near my prime, for the mere fact that I haven't even mastered my fingering, or my muscles or my chords. Once that happens, (and I've been drilling myself for 2 weeks straight - 2 hours straight a day), I think I'll have more options, musically, until my true dream manifests.
    test
  6. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

[funny] @ az tryin' to get a rise out of me.

Check my myspace to hear the final version. It sounds a lot different from the video.
    test
  7. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

You have got to learn the difference between when somebody is fuckin with you and somebody is just being honest. Stop listening to what every little schmuck thinks about your music. Stop blocking out criticism. The beat is fuckin garbage. I'm not saying it to diss you. Everybody makes bad music. Do you think Michaelangelo could have painted the Sistene Chapel the first time he picked up a brush? You're not a legend. You're not even close. If you want to get there, you have to admit that and earn that fucking title. You can't even play a song from beginning to end, can you?

If you can, don't tell me . . . show me.
    I can. I've been playing Piano since I was 5 years old.
    Yours beats are fucking horrible, even by todays shitty standards.
    test
  8. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

Play a piece on camera, live.

Don't talk, show me.
    test
  9. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

Oh and I posted the same video in another forum:

I let the people speak for me.

This doesn't justify anything but it's just a reminder that for every piece of hate you spew, there's atleast 10 more positive uplifting comments to knock you back.
    test
  10. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Meta . . . I'm not the one trying to make a career out of music. You are.
    I'm not the one who has something to prove. This cat has more talent on the keys than you do:

[youtube]TZ860P4iTaM[/youtube]
    test
  11. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

You can keep accepting the opinions of people who haven't got a clue of what "good music" is and rejecting my honesty on the grounds that I'm hating, but I'm not just randomly hating what you do. I'm giving you reasons for why your music is not good. Only a schmuck calls that hate.

The cat video was a joke. But in all seriousness . . . if you can't do what these guys do, you have no right to call yourself a legend. They are just a bunch of random (common) people who play for fun. You want to make a career out of it. You're not even remotely close to being acceptable by any respectable standard.

[youtube]vQzRAaXxjek[/youtube]
    [youtube]oMr-tfuouc4[/youtube]

Hell, the actor Adrianne Brody learned how to play Chopin just for a movie role and he didn't even know how to play piano before they chose him for the role. Can you do this?

[youtube]odZnuqZhkS8[/youtube]

You will never get there until you listen to the critique. Those who compliment you blind you to what you have to work on.
    test
  12. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

[funny] You can't play full pieces, moron.
    test
  13. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

And I repeat...
    test
  14. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

There has never been a Legend in the Hip Hop style because Hip Hop is garbage when compared to other REAL styles of music from around the world. Hip Hop is entertainment for the idiots and the underbred.
    test
  15. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

And again...
    test
  16. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

You're hopeless, Meta. You could be great, but you never will. I promise you that you will never meet your potential. Your mentality is your barrier and it's going to enslave you all the days of your life.

I wish it wasn't so. I would love to see you flower, but you won't. You're arrogant before you've even achieved anything. What have you done aside from Myspace? How can you afford to delude yourself when your whole future, your whole existence depends upon your becoming the best you can be?

If you want my advice (and I know you don't, you just want compliments because you're not interested in being a musician but will settle for acceptance), you will forget Hip Hop completely and pick up a real style of music.
    test
  17. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

You just spent 3-5 posts tryin' to tell me how wack I am, and how do I respond?

[funny].
    test
  18. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

I hope ThisMiss is smarter than you and gets her degree. The two of you are going to need an income. Good luck. I wash my hands of you.
    test
  19. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

test
  20. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

That was Pilate, stupid.
    Jesus was crucified.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.