Message to the Poets!!!!!

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by UFO the Phoenix, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UFO the Phoenix

UFO the Phoenix I DONT BELIEVE IN ALIENS!

April is our month ya'll so lets live it up

Man oh man I just wanted to share with ya'll some intense poets that I saw perform live tonight reading from their books

Steve Kowit

&

(last week) Linda Hogan

If you have a chance to read any of their works I recommend them they were great live....and their poems are just amazing....far more advance then anybody I know

Also my first open mic night and I performed "vertical Vent" and "Departed Cliffhanger" the audienced loved it and it was such a rush....if you never been to a poetry reading I recommend that as well its more intense then the internet

Also I read one of my haiku's today at school winning a cool japanese prize....the judges selected 4 poets out of 40 and I was one of them....I felt so honored

so with all that in mind my message tonight is simple

GO OUT AND SHARE YOUR POEMS WITH THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    test
  2. UFO the Phoenix

UFO the Phoenix I DONT BELIEVE IN ALIENS!

Whats going on around in ya'll area's whats the poetic scene like?
    test
  3. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

i was suppose to go with some chick to read my poetry because she loved it and wanted to see me perform live....but she stopped calling me :-(

lol@internet being a rush

good messege
    test
  4. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

test
  5. Philly_215

Philly_215 The Silent Poet

yo to be honest i don't really know whats going on in Philly. cause i'm kinda new to this whole "I'M A POET THING" i thought of my works as vent pieces. but i've been dying to go see some spoken word or better yet get my ass up there and do some

does any one have any spoken word pointers ???
    test
  6. Insense

Insense take one...

go to one first, and see how it's done correctly or at what level their poetry is at before you get up there and do one. Most poetry spots are cool anyway so you won't be laughed at or made fun of if you suck or w/e.
    test
  7. Philly_215

Philly_215 The Silent Poet

i went to a few out at my sisters college ( west chester ) and man some of that shit blew me away and there presentation was amazing. i got to admit i was intimadated. but hey you have to crawl before you walk

any catz that live in Philly got any spots they suggest ??
    test
  8. Poetickz

Poetickz The Humble One

yo philly....u need to look up a dude named joe tiberino...he was one of my many inspirations growing up in philly....his backyard is a fuckin art museum...all in all hes got the neighbors lending him backyards, hes got a museum in his house...its beautiful...hes a painter, but alot of poets come through there as well...also look up jerome robinson...he was a major inspiration to get back into poetry...led a bike crew called the wheels of soul...hes passed now unfourtunatley but hes got his work all around philly...just a few things for you to look at homey.
    one
    test
  9. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

i have no fucking idea. sioux falls, south dakota. need i say more?
    test
  10. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

^do a spoken word on the street corner :tongue: I'm sure they have something going on at a nearby college/university.

Last year during the summer I took a trip to the International Arts Festival in New Orleans with my creative writing class, it was one of the best experiences. Almost like the Essence Festival, ppl. coming from all over the world.

Something else I really wanna go to is Jazz Fest! I think it starts on the 22nd this month. Every year they have it and every year I never go. But anyway, I haven't been to a spoken word in a while. The last time went to one was during spring break at this place called Lip Loc (poetry lounge) in New Orleans. Last time I actually did one.....::whistles:: I miss the atmosphere.
    test
  11. Poetickz

Poetickz The Humble One

i used to live in new orelans as well realms...i know all about the people out theirbuskin on the street corner...used to do that shit myself...i always love goin to new orleans...the atmosphere, the vibe...its just soooo undescribable.
    one
    test
  12. AlmostFamous

AlmostFamous U got a problem?

yo bro...

they have a little thing going on at the horse barn on the 19th at like 6pm...

im gonna go check it out and see what its all about

its the first poetry thing ive seen in awhile come to sioux falls..

if you want more info just pm me...

peace
    test
  13. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

^yall should do a spoken word.

poetickz-snap dizzles lol, I didn't know that. You need to re-live it sometime :wink:

-peace
    test
  14. Poetickz

Poetickz The Humble One

lol...always love goin down there.
    one
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.