Men don't marry anymore.

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Carpe Noctem, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

Why do you think this is, ladies?
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. Ruddyluu

Ruddyluu New Member

IT's bcuz women aren't getting married anymore. women are focusing more on getting an education and establishin careers, and its a fact that women who get post secondary education wait until later in life to get married.. also with casual sex becoming so socially acceptable both men and women see no value in becoming financially and legally bound to someone in marriage.
    test
  3. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

I think princess mentality and the inequities of the court system has more to do with commitment phobia and the rise of risk-averse males.
    test
  4. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

Ruddylu makes great points. I tend to agree, I think it has more to do with who/men focusing on & prioritizing careers and education earlier in life and putting marriage/kids off till later.
    test
  5. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Marriage as I understand is nothing more than a contract to combine power and wealth. Any romantical notions attached to it came much, much later on. Yet, does being married on paper and wearing a ring signify and correlate to actually being in love and caring for that person? In some cases it does, in others it doesn't.

Marriage isn't the worst path to take in life nor it is for everyone, as of now, it's left to only those who still rock traditions.

Also, I don't think there's so much of a problem with commitment, nor with staying monogamous ~ but in possessiveness, tied to monogamy.
    test
  6. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

so why not start a partnership? why get married? partnerships are business endeavors. you know if you want to establish who gets what and how responsible they are in the case of certain events happening that might mess up the partnership.

if you believe in love and god, then you'd probably want to get married right? it's a public declaration of your love and devotion, under oath. when you enter the realms of marriage, ideally speaking, you'd probably be fully aware that you and your partner would now be sharing stuff. and that you didn't care in the first place, and that's why you chose to get married.

but if you want to get married based on conditions and with clauses in the contract based on performance, then that is in fact more consistent with what Galatea mentioned above. a joining of wealth and in that case the two of you should just start small businesses, sole proprietorship, or some llc's and create a partnership. i'm sure with all the lawyers in law school, it wouldn't be too hard to find a way to write up a legal document that is consistent with that scenario, and i totally would not be surprised if that's in fact already happening.

i think men and women are too scared of each other to get married. most people don't really understand the magnitude of what it means to get married, so they marry.

you know the vows:

"I, ____, take you, ____, to be my lawfully wedded(husband/wife), to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part."

**i got that from wikipedia**

some of the most simple, yet profound, and dare i say it ROMANTIC WORDS EVER. that people say to each other everyday. It's not "love you, I love you," but read those vows out loud to yourself.

that's just scratching the surface.

unomm

for the trolls i'll beat you to it.

i am a male.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.