mbox mini

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by forthemoney, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forthemoney

forthemoney New Member

is this the best thing on the market for a $200-$350 budget. i will mainly be recording r&b vocal some rap too
    test
  2. Temp_Guest2

Temp_Guest2 Dope Lyricist/Producer

I used to own one but I sent it back for an M-Audio FastTrack. The mini works good but there are some down sides...

Mine kept on pitchshifting the audio which affected the monitoring..
    test
  3. forthemoney

forthemoney New Member

I know someone with the m-audio but they mentioned the headphones only play in one ear. any ideas on how to solve that?
    test
  4. forthemoney

forthemoney New Member

were you using mac or pc? also what recording software?
    test
  5. Temp_Guest2

PC, I think they work better on Macs. I use Cubase mostly because the simplest things in Pro Tools take 10 mins to solve whereas the simplest things in Cubase take 5 secs.
    test
  6. Drschmalzy

Drschmalzy Active Member

Every program got there ups n downs. I dislike protools cuz u gotta listen to the shyt every time u wanna quick bounce.

I fuck with logic pro heavy. Most engineers I know be using tools abelton live or logic pro.

Mbox two mini is alright I git one when I went to school I actually have no need for it I just got an apogee duet that shyt is amazing.

Mb ill sell that mbox 2 now that I think of it
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  7. forthemoney

forthemoney New Member

anyone use the m -audio card and have problems with the headphones playing in one ear? i saw a good price for one used but have heard about the one ear thing. could it be solved with just a audio spliter?
    test
  8. Temp_Guest2

I use the m-audio fast track and I have never had a problem with it playing through one ear...
    test
  9. forthemoney

forthemoney New Member

ok cool checking that out. i will post audio of some of the singers once we up and at it.
    test
  10. capItal eyez

capItal eyez Member

If you're going to buy a fast track you should just buy the mini, Avid formerly digidesign owns M-Audio anyway.

And for the guy whose bitching about realtime bouncing in PT, If you listen to a Bounce in PT vs a bounce in logic A/Bing them theres a quality difference, plus don't you want a final listen to your mix.
    test
  11. Junkis Toltek

Junkis Toltek Hip-Hop Producer

This issue is solved by simply going to m-audio settings in the tray and enabling Mono on Monitor Mix. I'm using m-audio mobilepre and had this problem back in 2006 when I bought it. I could hear my voice when recording only in one ear.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.