Mayweather vs Ortiz discussion thread

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by chrishansen, Sep 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reznick

reznick New Member

If you guys think that's a cheap shot, you for sure never done a single day of boxing.

this is the EXACT thing every boxing trainer warns you about from day one. It's almost the biggest training cliche to say "never let your guard down!"

This isn't new in boxing, professionals have been making this same mistake since boxing started.

Because it's MW it's easy to turn it into something negative. You want to complain about the outcome of the fight? Blame Ortiz for fuckin up.

Never put your guard down. Especially in the biggest bout of your life. There should be little controversy over the outcome of this fight.

Oh, and MW had him completely outclassed the entire time.

Sent from my iPhone 9 in 2024
    test
  2. WuTangintheCut

WuTangintheCut Well-Known Member

cosign tbh
    test
  3. Iron-E

Iron-E New Member

This!
    test
  4. King John

King John ♛♔♚♕♛♔♚♕

Nobody's saying it's illegal, but it's still the single most bitch made ting I've seen in boxing, Mayweather's been a pussy ass nigga, first he won't fight Pac-Man now he pulls this bitch shit, fuck that nigga tbh.
    test
  5. PhilaTit

PhilaTit Well-Known Member

If you call getting nailed by combos when on full defense mode outclassing your opponent than yeah, ok then.

Ortiz was breaking through Mayweathers infamous perfect defense, and got frustrated when he started to taste victory in that last round. Ortiz had ring control and momentum.
    test
  6. BasedNIGLETT

BasedNIGLETT THROWIN LOGS OUTA CHIMNEY

hmm didnt like one punch get through lol
    test
  7. TradeMark310

TradeMark310 Tunk vs Lux

In that round. I gave the first three rounds to Floyd, and without the KO that round would have been 9-9. Winning 2 minutes out of 15 doesn't mean you had the fight on lock.
    test
  8. lightskintwin

lightskintwin Black Militant Racist

SMH @ this post. Mayweather was in complete control the ENTIRE FIGHT AND WON EVERY SINGLE ROUND.

LOL @ Ortiz breaking through Mayweather's defense.
    test
  9. WuTangintheCut

hahaha Mayweather was dominating. I'm glad he ended it early cause that thang was ova. His 3rd round domination was fucking brilliant. I can't believe how accurate he is with his punches, he throws half of what Ortiz throws and lands double.
    [​IMG]
    test
  10. GRIMMz

GRIMMz callinshots.

fuck outta here floyd lost 2nd rd..and was gettin tagged with lefts to the face & had very little footwork.
    test
  11. reznick

reznick New Member

Ortiz landed about one or two meaningful punches that fight. Everything else extra fast punches just so he could touch mayweathers face. And if you watch Floyd while Ortiz is coming in with combos he is always calm blocking the right spots with perfect timing.

Mayweather on the other hand was landing LEAD right hands on will. You dont land lead right hands over and over on a professional elite boxer, it's an insult. And all of those punches were doing real damage starting from the first one he landed in the fight.

And Ortiz did not have ring control whatsoever. Floyd was the master of the ring, walking Ortiz down, cutting the ring off, expending no energy doing so. While Ortiz is running around the edges of the ring, hanging on to the little power he had left to be in control over what was happening in the ring.
    test
  12. reznick

reznick New Member

Oh and not to mention that after every lead right MW landed, Ortiz rightfuly tried to come back with a punch, that Mayweather would duck WHILE backing away with perfect timing. And dude is in his 30's

love or hate him
    Mayweather is an incredible fighter
    test
  13. WuTangintheCut

all this. Fucking dead at anyone thinking Ortiz had any ring control hahahaha, is this real life? Round 3 was one of the most dominant displays of boxing i have ever seen.
    test
  14. lightskintwin

lightskintwin Black Militant Racist

Compubox Stats for 2nd Round

Total Punches Landed/Thrown
    Mayweather 15/47 32%
    Ortiz 8/46 17%

Jabs Landed/Thrown
    Mayweather 2/20 10%
    Ortiz 0/10 0%

Power Punches Landed/Thrown
    Mayweather 13/27 48%
    Ortiz 8/41 20%
    test
  15. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

Cortez needs to learn how to control a fight. Maywether's a cunt.
    test
  16. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

if u were gonna fix a fight, WHY would u plan it out like this lmao
    test
  17. WuTangintheCut

shit was too bizarre to be fixed imo.
    test
  18. Tradish

Tradish illest alive

'if I was floyd I would have knocked his ass out mid hug.'

my cousin said that after I explained to him 'the dirty ass nigga intentionally headbutt floyd and then kept tryna hugg him an shit to save face.'

:funny: hes in iraq and had to have seen the fight but he swears that he didnt, I laughed tho.
    test
  19. BWallace85

BWallace85 New Member

Dead @ you clearly not watching the fight. :funny: It went nothing like that.
    test
  20. BasedNIGLETT

BasedNIGLETT THROWIN LOGS OUTA CHIMNEY

who gets FRUSTRATED when they start to taste victory :scared:
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.