"Master Segal Taught me that Kick" - Anderson Silva

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by OurSin, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

:funny:

segal confirms

sivla is the GOAT fuck everybody else.....
    test
  2. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

and WOW at calling Lyoto "Machida-Kun" That's like what they call kids ahahahahaha

segal >>>
    test
  3. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

"Will you teach me your deadly Stuff" - Anderson Silva

i'm fucking dying
    test
  4. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

test
  5. Tha Cunnysmythe

^Fuck, I just noticed he kicked him in the throat. No wonder he was done.
    test
  6. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

looks like maybe little throat but mostly under jaw? i cant tell how far back i guess yeah thats throat that shit would drop anyone either way that was fuckin crazy an yeah seagal used to throw them kicks in movies all the time just not nearly as high.. like the .gif shows guy was kneeling thats usually when he did it or he'd go body shot

its funny cause my boys all were like "what the fuck" then he knocks him out with some shit seagal helped him perfect hahaha thats classic
    test
  7. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

Like I said, Anderson is trolling. He was a Taekwondo black belt @ 14. He's been throwing that kick before Segal was even famous.

[​IMG]

Henderson then went on to punch Anderson in the face, take him down, and win the round.
    test
  8. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

You can train for thousands of years and never get the results from training months with master segal.

His deadly stuff is deadly
    test
  9. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

and why vitor got ko'd? cause it was full extention, full body weight behind it and right on the chin
    test
  10. jayoo

if you really think seagal INVENTED that kick your crazy.. nobody said that, he made it seem that way but i dont think he meant it literally in that he CREATED the kick, he has his own variation and silva said himself he'd done the kick for years but seagal helped him perfect it

nobody has to believe seagal is the real deal, thats fine, hes an actor, but hes basically considered what someone like.. rickson is to bjj, to aikido.. hes a legend, 7th degree or whatever the highest is.. he definitely has shit he can show people, long before acting all he did was aikido he'd get whipped in a fight with a top ufc fighter but in a training room where he can help u perfect techniques hes probably someone people should have called LONG ago
    test
  11. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Segal said he learned the kick in japan in the interview
    test
  12. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

Vitor saw the kick coming, but didn't move. You wanted to eat the kick. Why you may ask?

Oh yeah, I fucking called it on the comments, too(MMAtheist on Youtube)

[​IMG]

Anderson also said Rich Franklin was a tougher fight than Chael Sonnen. He's a troll.

Aikido people don't even do live sparring. They're nothing in terms on combat, real life or sport. That's really an insult to Rickson, and that's coming from a dude who thinks Rickson is one of the most overrated fighters ever.

I guess Vitor should've trained with Gene Lebell, because old ass Judo Gene LITERALLY choked the shit out of Segal in Segal's only real life fight that's known...
    test
  13. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

man that foot shit nasty as hell dude
    test
  14. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

[​IMG]

LMFAOOOOOOOO WOW
    test
  15. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

Wow...

I'm SO stealing that .gif for my own trolling purposes.
    test
  16. jayoo

who cares if aikido doesnt do live sparring? lmao did i say anything about seagal fuckin people up in a real fight? i said he'd get WASHED..

but when did u have to do live sparring to have the knowledge of a technique? he shows anderson, anderson spars and tests it.. where is the problem? what does live sparring with seagal have to do with anything?

its not a slap in ricksons face because i didnt say he should be respected like rickson or that hes accomplished as much, i said IN HIS MARTIAL ART, hes considered someone of that level and thats TRUE.. what is your problem? niggas LOVE to reach just to say something
    test
  17. Tha Cunnysmythe

That kick hit very differently. Closer to a push kick, and it looks like it hit his collarbone. The Vitor kick went straight up to his throat and chin.

Which does sort of mean that he invented it, in a way. He definitely wanted it to look that way, talking about "noone knows the kick". Bitch, I know the kick and I never met you.
    test
  18. jayoo

i agree he came across in a way that said thats HIS kick.. but if he does have his own variation than yeah in a way he kind of did.

tyson has a sick left hook.. every boxer has a left hook, but tysons technique in throwing it was fuckin amazing.. he didnt invent it because its similar to joe frazier style but you don't see that many people throw it that way with the dip and there's 10000s of fighters, so having your own variation of a kick isn't that farfetched.

do i think hes the sole reason for the win or even 50% involved? hell no, i think silva woulda still landed that regardless, or maybe he wouldnt have thrown it and KO'd em otherwise.. no matter how u put it tho, its silva in there, anyone can learn a kick or punch not everyone can apply it with timing like silva thats something he'd already had before seagal.
    test
  19. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Actually...aikidoka DO LIVE SPARRING.It's just not widespread out of the specific dojos of the Japanese riot police.Right here in Lakewood CA there is a aikido dojo that DOES spar live.I spar live with wristlocks,jointlocks,finger locks,etc. 2/week for 2 hours (progressions) and I find it quite easy to apply the tenkan and irimi in the clinch,scrambles,and the like.It gives you a huge advantage over people who're unaware of that skill set or haven't refined it.It's like someone who's never seen a jab before.They don't have any idea how to defend against it so they catch a jabfest that's faaaar worse than what GSP did to Kos.Then everybody goes OMG THE JAB and slobbers all over it until everybody can jab now and the novelty wears off.

That's what happens with wristlocks,jointlocks,displacements,finger locks,etc.You can strike your way into the locks or simply pull a 2 on 1 like a wrestler,and push/pull/lever/yank/swing etc. them into a wristlock.I do it off the MT clinch and wrestling tie ups ALL THE TIME.It's a bit harder with judoka who know various gripping systems as old skool judoka are also adept at standing wristlocks (so adept in fact that the proliferation of wrist breaks and sever sprains caused the IJF to eliminate wristlocks in the late 80's-early 90's).

I am not 100% sure that Seagal could always actually apply his aikido v skilled opponents,but I do know that he's trained in bjj with the Machados after he got choked out on the set of UNDER SEIGE by JUDO GENE so he can probably apply his aikido wristlocks against resistance now...
    test
  20. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

Yeah, I'd say I understand the technique well, though I've never knocked anyone the fuck out with it:funny: Granted, Anderson admitted he didn't either until that match. In his interview with Ariel Helwani, Silva said he tried that on his jiu-jitsu coach, and got submitted twice. There are definitely nuances you can only pick up/understand when sparring/fighting as opposed to just technique drills(ie Segal)

I don't think Segal has had any real striking training. I understand it, Aikido is a pure grappling art. I'll ask DethStryque, though.

DethStryque, you've done sparring in Aikido class. Are you allowed to kick people in the face?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.