Masta Ace had a beef with High and Mighty?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Look im Gangsta, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

I kinda slept on a whole era of MA but I never heard anything out of HM.

I figure seeing this is beef with out commerical handbags and MTV make up, this will be a waste of time asking... but...

What happened with that?
    test
  2. Parental_Advisory

Parental_Advisory Click Click Pow

It was a mistake...

Ace was told at some CMJ conference that H&M said "Fuck Masta Ace and the Slaughtahouse" on some record when it was actually a line by Cage that got taken outta context when he said "Pumpin Masta Ace in a Jewish slaughterhouse"...

H&M called Ace up pronto and shit got squashed real quick..
    test
  3. PhatCat

PhatCat New Member

I'm pretty sure Masta Ace recorded a diss record. I have no idea what its called, but I saw Masta Ace live a couple months ago (him and Wordsworth, very dope show by the way) and he performed a song dissing them. I only remember the line "who named y'all the High and the Mighty?/
    To me, ya'll rappin like a couple of High Whiteys" Classic..had me rollin!
    test
  4. Headcase

Headcase Member

Yeah, before H&M called him up, Ace recorded that verse on "Acknowledge" (the second one dissed Boogieman for an unrelated reason). They squashed the beef, but the damage had already been done....
    test
  5. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Ahh, thanks. I wondered what was up with that. The diss track was on Disposable Arts.
    test
  6. sardo

sardo THE ILLEST

the diss track was called "acknowledge" and is one of the dopest diss tracks i ever heard,maybe THE best!!
    masta ace is a legend.
    test
  7. Axel Foley

Axel Foley Hannibal+Gaddafi+AK-47

Yeah,Masta Ace dissed Boogieman because he lost to him in a live battle at the Lyricist Lounge ,he said he was'nt prepared for it or some shit and got caught off guard,I have never heard that battle tho.

I will upload the track if anyone wants it,just say so.
    test
  8. Headcase

Headcase Member

Actually, the thing about the boogieman battle is it didn't happen until after the track was made (it was released as a single long before it was put on Disposbale Arts)...

A while back, Ace had released a single called "Ghetto Like"; Boogie assumed Ace was deliberately ripping off the concept from a line in the chorus of "Ghetto Like D&D", a song Boogie did with his own group, D&D (Ace would later say he had never even heard Boogie's song). Boogie then recorded a diss track called "Just You Wait", and Ace recorded this verse as a response. This hostility would later lead to a live on stage battle with Boogieman, which also happened before the album's release.

He mentions the battle in the song "Dear Diary", also from DA. Ace admits he rushed right before the battle and pre-wrote his rhymes, while Boogie completely embarrassed him with material that was obviously written a while prior to the battle (which Ace says is what he should've done): "Whoever let you back in the door should get a smack in the jaw / cause you sure shouldn't be rapping no more / you already proved that at the Lyricist Lounge affair / trying to battle with rhymes you wrote on the way there / maybe next time, you'll know not to play fair / say your best written shit and school 'em like daycare".
    test
  9. jinks

jinks Soy tu oportunidad!

its called 'adknowledge' first half dissing h&m and the other boogieman.

''you dont spit so the you most definitely swallow''.
    test
  10. MTfingerprints

MTfingerprints New Member

i remember that kat killing him

that battle is actually funny to watch because Masta Ace looks like he knows he can't fuck with the other kat haha

but man fuck battles for showing somebody's skill....all it does is allow you to talk shit

fuck all that shit talking bullshit

i bet boogieman sold alot of shitty records after that battle haha

whacknessssssssssssssssssssssss
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.