Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by LungZzZ, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the game. DEF never played a game series that made you feel like you were there with the other characters before.

Any one else like or dislike the series? Why?
    test
  2. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

ME1 and ME2 shit all over it in terms of story and immersion, the online was good but constant nerfs every week pretty much destroyed any fun I had with it.
    test
  3. NaSh

NaSh o_

I'm only halfway through the 2nd. Love the series so far

Delivered by a Carrier Pigeon called Geoff
    test
  4. LungZzZ

ehhhh....I kind of see what you mean???? When I played #3 I felt it was very polished but yes, made into almost the perfect Casual Gamer game, from the RPG, KOTOR begins it came from (that probably brought us in as well).

Either way nothing was shat on from 1 through 2 through 3, as I felt the developers were smart, instead of us scanning planets for hours, and looking through buildings, what am I saying, shooting through waves of intruders through the same buildings over and over. We already did that.

It is a series that really benefits from being played back to back, and I remember at one point (I won't spoil anything), the things you were doing and seeing, like wow, it is crazy, because you hear of these things and like know of these things, but you never think you are going to do what happens.

^That whole paragraph is retarded I realize as I was trying not to say so much about the plot.

EITHER WAY, to the guy playing the second game, crazy eh? I remember playing it thinking no game had ever made progress like this...So smooth with the action compared to the first.

IT DOES suck they kind of turned away from the soul of the RPG and more into the shooter, BUT COME ON 3 games, where you have "friends" in your party that the game makes you feel for, and it changes up genres from game to game? That is NUTS
    test
  5. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

The series as a whole is great, i felt 3 was the weakest chapter though and i didn't even have a problem with the ending like everyone else did (the new endings are much better though). I felt it was rushed and sloppy as far as Dialogue choices and side missions go. Instead of having an indepth convo everytime you talked to your crew it was an impersonal cutscene half the time that you couldn't chose what to even say. The side missions were the same way, just randomly running around and stalking people on the citadel for no reason.

I felt the mako missions should have stayed throughout(just make the gameplay a little better), planet scanning in 2 was ok but the rest of the game made up for it, but the war asset system just felt pointless (Oh you saved my cat from reapers i'll send you a battleship for the war).

Multiplayer was really good for a while, but i would have rather they spent the time crafting the best ending to the trilogy instead
    test
  6. LungZzZ

I never touched online I'll admit I wasn't playing the series for that whatsoever.
    Playing the third I WAS VERY happy I had played the first two, I feel what your saying,
    but just don't vibe with the weak point that keeps coming up.

The N7 Missions (which I'm assuming were the Side missions) I actually liked. There were randoms scattered throughout the citadel, but that wasn't the side quests, more or less the "easter eggs", or plant scanning 2.0, either way I think were both talking about the N7 Missions, which I actually tended to really like.

Not to mention almost everyone you ever talked to on the Citadel was a past teammate; and it made anything that seemed tedious become fun. Seeing Jacob again, Jack, Joker actually moving about and EDI being an ally other than a voice in a ship.

SPOILERS*******

Curing the Geno-phage? Or not, what ever you do, Seeing the Quarian home world, bringing peace to the age old Turian/Krogan beef, seeing the Rachni one last time, killing a reaper millimeters from your face...(I think Jessica Chobot was in the game too as that News Anchor), + countless of other things that are REALLY epic. I had the sense that, they tied all the questions ever had really instead of leaving loose ends, what more could you ask for?

Dwelling on the ending and thinking about it more and more, it was so fucking weird...didn't make any sense but it was okay...Both choices FUCKING SUCKED...

I remember the first time u talk to Vega you spar with him, that was sick. Vega and Garrus get into arguments, Garrus and ANYone talking is JOKES, the jokes they go into are hilarious and go as far back as ME1.
    test
  7. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

n7 missions were basically multiplayer maps without the multiplayer, but i'm talking the "side" missions, when you talk to someone on the citadel then randomly find some crap scanning a planet then run back and talk to them. Not teamates, i'm talking the random people that you overhear convo's.

Side missions in part 2 were your crew missions, which were incredible. Side missions in part 1 were exploring planets on the mako and sometimes finding actual missions sometimes fighting thresher maws, either way better than the crap in 3.
    test
  8. LungZzZ

N7 Missions were the side missions Our, at-least in my opinion, when you complete them, like most other games, well when you complete a certain amount of them, you get an achievement, much like Fallout/Skyrim and others.

Those people we talk to on the Citadel were the Planet Scanning, bringing it to a more personal level, they weren't fun to do, and I never tried to do them even persay, but I think I managed to obtain them all just by playing how I would normally and would go to the Citadel and realize I had what the person was looking for....ergggh to much talking there, still those weren't the side missions, the N7Missions were to me...

As well as the missions you did for your crew, such as Wrex and the Turian Counselor
    test
  9. guglastican

guglastican New Member

Where can I download this game
    test
  10. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

n7 missions were more of an introduction to multiplayer than real side missions, and there weren't that many (only the same amount of mulitplayer maps at the time). I always try to get 100% to get the "good" ending, so i did all of the citadel missions(twice) they weren't fun either time. Turned the game from a 9.5/10 to an 8/8.5 for me (as well as the toned down dialog and story options)

Also, their is new DLC coming next week for single player.

And i wouldn't play this on a PC, it's meant for a controller IMO and their is no controller option, so go cop it for xbox or even ps3 IMO
    test
  11. LungZzZ

CPU is always better if your comp can handle it though.

I have it for the 360 personally. There were maybe 10 n7 missions? They were the side missions man, for players who didn't play online, you could get the achievements that way, that means they weren't needed for the story, they were side missions...
    test
  12. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Well yeah, but they weren't the bulk of the side missions. If they had fleshed those out made them into story missions and took out all the planet scan citadel crap it would have been better. 10 of those about 20-30 citadel ones that took twice as long just trying to find the right planets.

And graphically yeah, but not gameplay wise. I don't like mouse and keyboard at all, but for a 3rd person game that doesn't really require precise aiming the controller is way better.
    test
  13. LungZzZ

The Citadel recovery "missions" (I'm calling them this cas you are, and I'm not being rude at all, I want to talk games with someone who has played it lmao thats why I am here), were Planet Scanning. I thought they were cool only because of that. Instead of just scanning a planet and finding a substance (don't get me wrong finding big-chunks of Element Zero felt great), you scanned a planet, than brought that thing to a person, and watched their problems go away. I usually was walking around the Citadel for a REAL mission, and you would overhear them talk, I never once thought to do that thing they were talking about....You just scan planets old school style, then have the availability to talk to them afterwards cas u found what can help them.

I really believe they were just ME3 Planet scanning. very few things, one or two small credit finds, and tons of useless fuel, are found that aren't eventually needed by one of these randoms on the Citadel, which are basically like Part 2 of the Planet scanning.

I feel you, and like I said, PLAYING this game, I was REALLY happy I played the first 2, ESPECIALLY the first. But didn't you see the jump to the second? Though the second was amazingly smooth, you should of seen how commercialized it got, pausing the game and paragon/renegade being the only thing differentiating it from Gears of War...ME3 seems right as it evolved as well and was a cleaner version of ME2...

I do admit now I wish the ending was different though :(
    test
  14. LungZzZ

It had a lack of side-missions and was short game in regards to the first 2.

(changing colors to the suits was awesome and something I always wanted,
    also couldn't do that in Skyrim so that was sick)
    test
  15. Liquids

Liquids New Member

I thought the only reasonable option was synthesis but I wouldn't be surprised if Shepard was indoctrinated like some rumors suggest.
    test
  16. LungZzZ

indoctrinated, honestly I was HATING that word being brought up. (back when I was playing the game)

You think he was? I didn't hate the ending at first but come on...
    That kid COULDN't be the key...UNLESS Shepard was a fan of Acid,
    and was using everytime a loading screen appeared...
    Like I saw that KID DIE....ARGH
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.