"Marry me" would you ask the guy?

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by D!CK, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingjafaar

kingjafaar New Member

dick, most women have been conditioned by society and will almost never ask for your hand in marriage regardless of how much she loves. good luck with thaT son.
    test
  2. hand jive

hand jive New Member

the only reason i still fuck girls is that i love to chew on the nipples
    test
  3. EyE_CoLoR_GrEEn

EyE_CoLoR_GrEEn DeLiRiOuS

I don't think I would. I kno that I dream of the day that my bf asks me to marry him. On a perfect day, where ever we may be, that he looks into my eyes and tells me how much he loves me and then asks me to be his wife. What could be a better feeling. I shall wait for that beautiful day.
    test
  4. I guess the time u asked me doesnt count :p
    test
  5. Maurkadi

Maurkadi Well-Known Member

nah shawty there is no difference, you gotta look at it from a view from of
    SPEAKING YOUR MIND... for me to even to demand my change back would mean
    i want that change... for me to even think of proposing to my girl about
    marriage would indicate that i want her

for a female to be the proposed and not the proposer to me says that she is
    scared to speak her mind and that she dont want marriage as bad as she
    claims she does... i dont give a damn who you are, aint no way if you REALLY
    REALLY want something you just gonna sit there and hope that somebody
    offers something to you...

Females allow society to make them come to a conclusion that asking a man
    to marry her is wrong... fuck society if you love that person truly you could give
    a fuck less about how appropriate or inappropriate that shit looks, no offense
    but alot of females with that mentality are just stubborn and spoiled as hell...
    i DO NOT hate these kind of women, however i couldnt get involved with a
    female with those kind of expectations...

Now you say that women dont like rejection... well what do you think men do??
    so now the odds of you getting married are 2/4 one being that females are
    afraid to propose and the other being afraid of rejection... lol@ some of yall
    girls saying i would have to bring up a "discussion" and see what he says,
    yall know damn well thats just as good as asking (no disrespect) thats the
    problem alot of yall women use that reversed psychology and act like we dont
    where yall going when yall make statements like that... explain how you can
    ask him in private to get married but in FRONT OF EVERYONE ELSE he has to
    ask you... its like yall ashamed or something lol

In all honesty would you say that a female loves a man even though she cant
    propose to him?? lol dont take this personally but what kind of nonsense is that?
    Now lets say he proposed and yall going on a honeymoon... will he have to
    propose to have sex as well??? bottomline im saying is if you truly love somebody
    aint no way in hell yall cant communicate about these things... if you in love
    you should feel free to be really comfortable and very open around them...
    if a woman cant speak her mind about marrying a man in which she claims to
    love so much, than she dont love him in the first place
    test
  6. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

To me I see it from the perspective of..generally speaking...women feel ready for marriage before men do. By the time the man asks the woman is generally ready and has been ready for a long time. But if the tables are turned and the woman asks the man first it can be setting yourself up for "whoa, I didn't even know we were on that level yet".
    test
  7. Maurkadi

Maurkadi Well-Known Member

yeah i see what you saying, but you gotta relalize this also that the man might
    not think you aint ready either because you havent mentioned anything about
    it... as partners there should be no shame in discussing anything and there
    should be no order as to who says they wanna get married first, like i said
    if women feel strong enough to wanna marry the person theyre with then
    let him know... lol alot of men really hate trying to read yall minds like we
    solving puzzles...

i dont think the man would like you less or would want you less because you happen to get married earlier than he does, women are very emotional and sensitive than me, a man could ask a woman for some sex then get rejected and either laugh it off, jack off or simply deal with the rejection and not let it phase him..

women however are completely different when it comes to being rejected for sex
    they will either think you have eyes for another girl you rather have sex with,
    think that you think theyre not attractive enough physically or they will
    automatically think they were rejected for personal reasons
    this is why 8/10 women cause the break-ups or be the first one to say "its over"
    test
  8. D!CK

D!CK New Member

If that's the case why not take the step and ask him? because most women don't feel this way until they'e been with a guy for along time anyway.
    test
  9. D!CK

D!CK New Member

This would seem to be a lot of the reason women end up single because they "let the big one get away" so to speak..??
    test
  10. kingjafaar

kingjafaar New Member

social conditioning. the man is expected to make the first move and to do everything.
    test
  11. Lyme

Lyme Guest

sounds ideal for me... at least then I know I'm really ready
    test
  12. D!CK

D!CK New Member

that's what I was thinking.
    test
  13. sagacious infant

sagacious infant reflecting the sun

Just because a person doesn't ask for someone's hand in marriage doesn't mean that they won't put the topic out there for conversation and consideration.

My main reason for saying no (and yes I'm bitter) is from my experiences as the initiator or agressor in past relationships. Sure, I can attribute it to the people I've dealt with and not generalize, but like I said - I'm bitter. I don't want a man throwing it in my face when there's problems that I was the one who asked him to marry me.

On the other hand - my emotions often take control of my thoughts - and if I felt that that particular person was someone I wanted to spend the rest of my life with - I just might propose.

Ya never know.
    test
  14. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

ca-ching! IMO, marriage (or a long-term future together) should be discussed even before your relationship gets to the point of a proposal.

Maurkadi, it's not about "reverse psychology" (besides, isn't that asking people to do the "opposite" of what you actually want them to do..?) or playing mind games... it's about communicating with your partner to see that you're both on the same accord in terms of your (potential) future together... that way you'll be certain of whether marriage is something your partner is even considering now or anywhere down the line... that is the epitome of "speaking your mind", it's letting your partner know where you stand, that you're interested in the possibility of marriage to him/her in the future... depending on whether or not you both turn out to be on the same page, you can proceed from there and iron out any kinks that need to be worked out... and then whomever happens to be ready first can do the asking.

It would be different if I said women should sit around, keep their mouths shut and wait for a man to initiate any "marriage" dialogue... although I realize that some women do that because they don't want to scare the guy away (and let's be real, that happens a lot)... I'm just saying that the issue should be discussed before any serious proposal is made... you wouldn't make a bid on a home without checking out the neighborhood, doing a walk-through, negotiating the price, or even making sure it was for sale, would you..?

For me, its not a matter of who asks who... as far as I'm concerned, too many people are asking and accepting marriage proposals these days (and the divorce rate is a clear reflection of that IMO)... maybe its that wave of emotion that sagacious mentioned, they don't really think it through or put any consideration into what it takes to maintain a marriage or whether or not they're compatible with their partner.... they just want to be married or lock that person down... like Dick said, out of fear of "the big one getting away"... IMO, fear of losing someone is a terrible reason to get married... cause no marriage certificate is going to keep anyone around who is intent in leaving, anyway (my ex tried to scare me with that either-we-get-married-or-its-over" stuff once when we were on the verge of breaking up... I agreed initially... but, like I said, he's now my ex)... but I digress.

So if I take my time and don't propose to a man (or accept a marriage proposal) the instant I realize that I'm in love with him, that doesn't mean that I'm not serious about him or too intimidated to do so... it just means I'm taking my time to weigh out the situation and get to really know the person I'm with, and whether or not we want to be together long term... or maybe that I'm just enjoying the time I spend with him and don't feel pressed to get down the aisle. Marriage is a huge step for me... one I only want to take once... and definitely something I don't want to rush myself into before I'm ready just because I don't want to "end up single".

* edited for typos
    test
  15. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

There we go! That sums up the last few posts I think.

I guess I didn't realize that some people were thinking that the topic of marriage may have never been brought up before even asking someone to marry you (if I was following this right)

That's completely different.

I couldn't even imagine that being the case I guess..even though with my post I implied that it could happen.

But still..it is traditional in our society to the man to propose. That's really REALLY common. I have heard stories of the woman asking, but they are few and far between.

I post on another board...and women will tell stories about how they're ready, their man said he's ready..but he hasn't proposed...wondering what to do. Should they ask him? Is he waiting for something? It can be a lot more complicated than it looks sometimes.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.