"Marry me" would you ask the guy?

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by D!CK, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D!CK

D!CK New Member

Or would you feel un-traditional if you did?
    test
  2. Short2003

Short2003 AbsoluteHotness

I would say "lets get married" and then see what happened..But I wouldn't I straight out purpose to a guy..For us we always knew we were gonna get married and one day he was like, lets get married and I was like OK then..I know it's untraditional but Im fine with it...lol..Now Im the one thats putting it off.. heh
    test
  3. Chokolate

Chokolate Melts N Ya Mouth

Nah I cant say that I would...I like to be pursued so I couldnt bring myself to ask...lol I've never even asked a guy for their phone number.
    test
  4. Gotti23

Gotti23 Come 2 the darkness

Hey chokolate you want my phone number?
    test
  5. Chokolate

post it up :wink:
    test
  6. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

Nope. Can't say I would/could. I'm very shy to begin with. I can do the whole "Let's Get Married" thing. Or just bring it up and discuss it. But I doubt I'd be the one to flat out ask (Actually, I wasn't the one to flat out ask lol).
    test
  7. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

Knowing me, I wouldn't... but then again, knowing me, I might.
    test
  8. Gotti23

Gotti23 Come 2 the darkness

Ok my number is 1-900-2Cashville call anytime.
    test
  9. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

No I wouldn't. I'm too "traditional" for that.
    test
  10. In-Awe.

In-Awe. .. Speak On It..

It Wouldnt Be The Same Or.. As Serious If I Did It..

Gone
    test
  11. Chokolate

Im call you tonight at 9 be ready
    test
  12. sagacious infant

sagacious infant reflecting the sun

lol...what tights said.

lol = I had a whole long response, but it was basically summed by what she said
    test
  13. Nicki

Nicki ~Tease~

lol Nah i dont think i would, if i wanted to and thought maybe he did to i'd hint a bit lol hum "here comes the bride" lmao
    test
  14. D!CK

D!CK New Member

I'm shocked at you ladies replies...lol.. most of you get pursued all the time but you can't bring yourself to pursue that special guy?

shame on you all...lol

well ladies I'll admit I'm non-traditional because I've seen how a man's love for his woman don't always transfer vice versa so I'm gonna wait until I'm asked. then I'll know she's for real.
    test
  15. Maurkadi

Maurkadi Well-Known Member

alot of yall gonna stay single for the rest of yall life lol... it kinda seems like yall scared to say what yall want... if a cashier cheats you out of $20 you gonna wait for the cashier to mention that they owe you change and then leave the store?
    test
  16. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

Good Point!!!! ;o)
    test
  17. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

There is a difference in speaking up to demand something that is owed to you ($20) and asking for someone's hand in marriage. For some women it boils down to tradition, they just wouldn't ask because... well, they don't really know why not other than its not "normal" for women to do it or that women aren't "supposed to"... societal norms dictate that men do the asking... women are supposed to be "chosen".

You also have women who wouldn't do it because they don't want to ask or put pressure on a man before he's ready... they don't want to come off as to pushy or agressive... to them, him asking is the best indicator that he's ready.

Then there are other women who simply don't want to deal with the rejection if he happens to say "no".

I'm sure there are other reasons women opt not to ask, those are just the few that came to mind.

One thing I would do for sure is start a discussion on marriage to find out his views and let him know that I was considering him as a prospect... if marriage was my goal and he let me know that he didn't consider me as a prospect I would move on... but I don't know that I'd ask a man to marry me... I just couldn't say its something I would never do... maybe I just haven't found anyone I wanted to ask, yet [dunno].
    test
  18. AngeL X

AngeL X Kick Rocks!

My current boyfriend.. I asked him to be my mine...so if me and him do make it 2 that step.. it's his turn...lol
    test
  19. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN Ray of Sunshine

test
  20. straight_evil

straight_evil Mrs. Sole

I doubt that I would, I don't think it's because I'm traditional, but probably more because I don't do well with rejection.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.