Marriage & Last Names

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Lost Prophet, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samii so sexii

samii so sexii ..sunkist siren..

oh right, and Samanthia Briana Clayton just sounds wonderful, doesn't it.

right, and that new more important family just has to have YOUR last name, doesn't it? that's gay.

And I know one thing, my kids aren't gonna be asking me stupid questions like that shit. they're gonna be smarter than that. and if they picked up on their father's not so smart genes (jp) i would explain it fully to them.
    test
  2. Phusion

Phusion WoW This Name is Old

Sure as hell does

uhh yea.

if their nearly as cluesless as your ass is sometimes then I wouldn't put it past them.
    test
  3. Lost Prophet

Lost Prophet 11/04/2000 - 06/19/2009

That does not prove anything. The last name you're carrying is that of a male.

How is it psychological submission? Changing your last name does not remove you from the person who you were before. If anything, your first name carries more significance to your individuality than your last name does, so you are not 'closing any doors' or losing your sense of self in any way.

If your family name has blood and purpose behind it, that blood and purpose should be instilled in you. It's not your last name that has those qualities, it is the people behind that last name, and if your last name changes, does that make you a different person? Do you lose your characteristics or traits because you've adopted a different surname? No. Don't use the excuse that your last name has history. It is up to YOU to continue that history, regardless of your surname. Alex Haley's family history was rich and strong. Does it make a difference that his last name was not Alex Kinte? No, it doesn't.

Your family name is patriachal anyway. It is not as if you're planting any flags if your family name carries on.

Very superficial. This doesn't even warrant a thorough reply.
    test
  4. samii so sexii

^^ you're basically reiterating the point that I am not defined by my name and it should affect, or change me in any way just because the surname that was passed on from a male has changed.

again, if all that is true, why do women have to be the ones to change their names? Why don't you change your name, if it means that little?

and to you, drew, Samanthia Clayton = not the business. im sorry...just dun sound good.

"uuh yeah" ?? well uhhh....gay. so...yeah...

ok, i will not deny the fact that at sometimes the obvious slips past me, but don't act like i don't have no sense...and i was a smart lil kid, so whatever.
    test
  5. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

i would take my wifes name after marriage , if she has a cool name like Power, Shakur, Stone or Plisken it would definately be an improvement for me
    test
  6. Lost Prophet

I was refuting your statement that you are losing yourself as a person by changing your last name. That's not true at all. Regardless of your last name, will not still be Samanthia? Yes, you will. So why act as though you'll be going through some type or metamorphasis by adopting your husband's last name?

Why would a man change his last name to another male's family name? I find no sense in that at all, so your question asking why don't I change that name if it means that little really has no merit.
    test
  7. Lost Prophet

If Lisa and Screech got married from Saved By The Bell and she hyphenated her name, she would've been Lisa Turtle-Powers..
    test
  8. Phusion

...Did I miss something? [dunno]
    test
  9. samii so sexii

haha andrew's tryin to be funny. boo boo.

@ LP...I understand what you're saying, what I'm saying is that if I'll be samanthia no matter what my last name is, wouldn't andrew still be andrew, or james still be james (for example) if he changed his last name? Why would I change my last name to another man's name? Because he's my husband? Well he can change his family name to another man's too...because i'm his wife. right? the whole name change thing is archaic (sp...i dun feel like double checking it), so hyphenating is a great compromise.

also, no one has yet to explain to me how I would be less of a wife or what duties I would not be able to fulfill if I do not symbollically submit by taking his last name.
    test
  10. Phusion

That's because nobody said you would be less of a wife.

And I aint for this BS, you should change your name just because that's how it is.

If you wanna change tradition then buy me a diamond ring, propose to me, and pay for the honeymoon.

Oh an hunny we have a flat, go handle that for me. I'll be in the house watching reruns of 'Flavor of Love'

Oh and dont forget your hat hunny it snowed today.

Then I can send you on your way like this [kissu]

Don't forget the milk!
    test
  11. samii so sexii

ok...so you're sayin that if I change my name, nothing will happen. I won't change, you won't change, i'll be the same person, and it won't improve, or take away from our marriage.

so then why fuckin do it?!! mybe i dun want the hassle of changing my name, credit cards, magazine subscriptions, license, records, and shit. why is it so important if won't change anything in any way??

and you^^ saw what i said in the other thread...if it's gon be traditional, then it's gon be hella traditional. U wanna wear the daddy pants all the time, and be the traditional husband? Then damnit im not liftin a finger for shit except cleaning and dinner, and give me your credit card, becuase im going shopping, and i dun wanna hear anything about it.

Like the new drapes I bought? the color is cantaloupe. oh you don't like it? You'll learn to love it.

Oh honey, you don't like my meatloaf?? well, im the wife, and im cooking it, so eat it.

hmmm...i think I'll take the American Express today honey. I need my hair and nails done!
    test
  12. Phusion

My sentiments exactly.
    test
  13. samii so sexii

so...you agree with me??

i think i missed something.
    test
  14. Phusion

Yea,

I mean why get married.

You got it all figured out.
    test
  15. samii so sexii

this guy...

why get married?? well anyone that wants to be with me on an extended, consistent basis will have to. that's a tip.

you right i got it all figured out. someone wants to be with me, i marry them, and then, I hyphenate. boom. there's the plan. LoL
    test
  16. Phusion

All jokes aside, I'm not marrying any women that plans on hyphenating their name.

peace.
    test
  17. samii so sexii

i feel that.

I'm not gettin married anytime soon, either. life is just begining for me.
    test
  18. Phusion

Hope it's better than the prequel.
    test
  19. samii so sexii

don't sleep. my life has been amazing thus far, and i expect nothing less of it later on down the line.
    test
  20. Phusion

Same here, but you dont have to be a bigger ass than my avy to enjoy it. Now let's not play dumb and we'll get somewhere.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.