Marriage & Last Names

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Lost Prophet, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

Kon, we've had this conversation on this board multiple times before... thats why I haven't given any real input on this thread... its pretty pointless.

I do find the shit comical... and, at the end of the day, I still aint changing my name. So, really, what does it matter?
    test
  2. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

No one's asking you to, sweetie... I'm just wondering where all the hostility is coming from?

LP stated his opinion... I stated my mine and asked questions.

Then all of a sudden, from you and Speedy, we get homophobia, manhood, and comedy thrown in our faces. [dunno]

Sheesh... so much for healthy debates.
    test
  3. tight-eyes

Mkay, babe. Y'all have fun.
    test
  4. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

test
  5. Lost Prophet

Lost Prophet 11/04/2000 - 06/19/2009

Interesting...

Speedy, where you at?
    test
  6. tight-eyes

Iggy, you know I love to tussle with cha... but theres only so many ways you can serve up the same shit [argument].

Come up with something new for us to argue about. You know I ain't neva' scared.
    test
  7. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

He'll be back 3 months later... he's a "hit-and-run" poster.
    test
  8. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

That's why I did the "female predator" thread... that's new, but nobody wants to go in there.

And aside, you callin' me Iggy is kinda... I don't know... because that's samii's pet name for me... why don't you call me "Mr. Long" or something more appropriate?
    test
  9. Speedy Gunzalez

Speedy Gunzalez Awareness is my Alias

LP and Kon... I see y'all...

I am currently inunadated with graduate school work right now ... I don't have the time to adequately address the criticisms you all have with my comments. Give me a couple of days and I surely will respond.

lol@Kon's "hit and run" poster... I have a busy life.. what can I say?

Peace Brothers & Sisters...
    test
  10. tight-eyes

I started calling you Iggy first... recognize!

And I saw that topic... but we already had a similar conversation a few months ago when you and Skrybe brought the issues up pertaining to women being unfairly advantaged by the legal system. I'll pull it up if you want... my opinions on the matter haven't changed.
    test
  11. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

Just make sure you question everything they're teaching you... you trying to be a sociologist? Sometimes, I entertain the idea of going to law school so I can combat the sexism in the courts. I'd be on a witch-hunt for pretty teachers who have sex with their students.
    test
  12. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

Really? My bad.

I remember that... didn't you say that you thought it was okay for those women to get away with it? I remember you saying something about your acceptance of double-standards when it benefits your gender. If that's the case, then I'll go back to my previous stance of "there's no such thing as a double-standard." Remember that? If men and women are different and deserve to be treated accordingly, then it should be that way across the spectrum. Men can never be whores... women can't be police officers or soldiers... and so on and so forth.
    test
  13. tight-eyes

Nope... not even close.

Go pull up the thread if you need to.
    test
  14. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

Too lazy to do that... just jump in the new one. I've been repeating myself in HHC for damn near 7 years now. New cats come and they have to be schooled.

I'm dead serious on this issue, though. I might start bombing courthouses.
    test
  15. Lost Prophet

Lost Prophet 11/04/2000 - 06/19/2009

HHC is a lost cause.. Ignorance is bliss over there.
    test
  16. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

^I know... it's a love-hate kinda thing with that forum...
    test
  17. tight-eyes

^ I feel tha same way about this forum... I get tired of repeating myself.

I'll stick to the light-hearted, silly topics. Y'all have fun, though.
    test
  18. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

^I see that you're punkin' out... I understand.

I try to bring substance to the forum and you ignore it, but then you'll complain about the "silly" stuff as ruining Ladies Delight... that's comedy.
    test
  19. samii so sexii

samii so sexii ..sunkist siren..

i guess sammi's here to save the day....or ruin it.

hi guys.

I don't have my father's last name. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Can you guys not understand how changing your last name can be seen as like, psychological submission on a woman's part? You have been who you are your whole life. Now all of a sudden, you're not that person anymore, and you're closing a door on the woman that he fell in love with. you're not her anymore. your his. That would be hard for anyone to do...if it were that easy, i don't think men would have a problem with it if i asked you all to reverse roles.

Honestly, Iggs if I asked you to become Mr. Samii So Sexii, you would be like hell to the naw...not just because it bucks tradition, but also because that's not who you are...you are Mr. Ignorant (on occassion Mr. Koncious). It's hard to come to grips with.

For example, I have a strong, rich family history. My family defined themselves (They weren't given their surname...they adopted their own), and built themselves. I feel like my last name has blood and purpose behind it. Many women can feel the same. And to just give that up because you're husband feels like you're just trying to be defiant if you dont?? That sucks dude. No one has yet to give a valid reason for women to change their last names. I can still be everything a wife should be with a hyphen or with my maiden name.

Lineage. Is it impossible for women to want their family's name to carry on? For example, there are only two people left with my last name that can have children...and I'm one of them. I know I'm going to have children (i dunno about my cousin, he's a mess), and is it just ludacris (lol) to want my last name to go on for another generation...add another chapter to my family's history?

My current's last name would sound effing stupid with my name. I love the way it sounds now, but if i had to compromise, I think it would sound better hyphenated. Call it shallow if you'd like, but if your last name is "dickendabooty" it's gonna sound stupid with my name.

my SO feels like you fellas, so this will probably be a discussion that i'll be having once again years from now.
    test
  20. Phusion

Phusion WoW This Name is Old

Samanthia Bryant-Clayton sounds stupid as fuck.

Valid reason? Well maybe because when you get married and have kids you have a new and more important family (atleast it should be more important.)

As for stupid, how does it look for your husband and all your kids got the same last name and your shits hyphenated(sp?)

"Mommy, why is your name different from ours? Aren't you really my mommy?"

Good luck with that one! [funny]
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.