Marion > Twack

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by ProFane, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

See this is the big problem. some of you have no idea what a TEAM needs to win a basketball game so you'll quickly give the offensive guys the edge in a comparison. if you want to talk about who is a better ball handler or who can create a shot easier with the ball then go ahead and give Tmac the edge. But Marion creates Higher percentage shots better then Tmac. Marion is by far the superior rebounder. Marion is a better Defensive player. Marion has way more heart and plays with way better energy and intensity. Marion is more durable in that he isnt injury prone so you can count on 35+ minutes a night.

Im not trying to create things Marion is better then Tmac in to make a point. i wount try to say Marion is a better Ball handler then Mac or some bull shit. im saying what he does is more valuable to his team. what he Does i dont think Tmac can do. Tmac is not capable of averaging 20+ a night and 10+ boards a night while gaurding the best offensive player on the opposition. whether that player is the 2 to the 4. sometimes the 1 and 5. Tmac cant do that. you can say Marion cant carry a team if you want but there is no proof or way of knowing that. You also cant say Marion cant average the points, FG%, Steals.....any statistical acheviment that Tmac has averaged. cuz he can he has and he is.
    test
  2. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

The Best years of Tracy McGrady were in Orlando. you Stat huggers can do pull those numbers up to see that. and anyone who knows basketball knows Tmac was a better ball player in O-town then in Houston. his Houston team is way better then his Orlando team yet there isnt much of a difference in performance. really the houston team seems to play worse.
    test
  3. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

You're apparently the stat hugger.

McGrady's best career year was last year where he played solid defense and a better overall game. He didn't average 32 ppg, but he played a better all around game and finished as a top MVP canidate on a winning team (another area Marion stands no chance in).

I wouldn't doubt McGrady could get a significant higher number of boards if someone else was running the offense for him night in and night out. Marion doesn't camp under the basket, but he benefits from not having to run the offense (for the 53rd time). You call yourself making a comparison thread but you're not thinking outside of the box.

Marion averages just over 2 assists for his career and McGrady just under 5. Gee, I wonder why?

How could one attack the idea of players having career games against Phoenix because of their up-tempo offense AND THEN AT THE SAME FUCKING TIME SUPPORT MARIONS STATS AS IF THEY'RE NOT ALSO INFLATED??

Nba.com/players.

Look at Marions numbers the last two Nash-era seasons. Increasing across the board.
    test
  4. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

^not really he scored more b4 nash came than last yr his first yr with nash..

and o btw marion's name has been disscussed in mvp talks this yr and i think he'll get alot of votes this yr.
    test
  5. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

Lol...

Marion won't get any votes this year. Bet that.

How is going to get votes over Nash, Billups, Lebron, Chauncey.. ?

Marion is an important piece of the Suns team, but it's obvious to anyone with an ounce of congnitive skills that he is a support player, made even better with the number of playmakers around him.

Did you not watch the NBA playoffs last year, or even the Olympic games?

Bowen shut him down by himself. Marion cannot create his own offense. That was made painfully evident last year.

But he doesn't have to on the Suns team, all he has to do is focus on defense, grab boards and get to the right spots on fast breaks and everything else is taken care of. He cleans up the garbage, notice how they don't really run plays for him?
    test
  6. Iceodu921

actcually if u watch the suns their are some set plays for him. back screens and wat not.

also if u look at his year he is defintely deserving of a couple of votes. Hes not as good on offense as players like tmac but to say he is only a support player who can only succed because of his playmakers is not fair.

and if u go based off one playoff series than alot of players like dirk, tony parker even the great patrick ewing have looked horrible and over matched by a certain opponet.
    test
  7. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

I didn't say he only has sucess because he has playmakers. I'm not denying Marion has skill and has worked on his game.

But his game is elevated that much more, because of playmakers. He can focus on doing what he does best, rebound, run the floor, play defense and be active.

And I still would vote for the 4 I mentioned before, before I would give a vote to Marion.

How is he 'deserving' when there are guys who are clearly ahead of him in what they mean to their team.

What has he done to show that he is the MOST VALUABLE person on his team, let alone the league.

His production is up, and that's great, but if Nash went down, and Diaw wasn't there... could you really see Shawn Marion carrying the Suns? Honestly. They wouldn't make the playoffs.
    test
  8. G-Rob da great

It's apparent that the long standing NBA legends of rapmusic.com KNOW the truth behind this comparison.

No surprise.

I agree Cigma. Even though you named Chauncey and Billups as 2 of your 4 MVP canidates. [funny]
    test
  9. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

kobe, nash, lebron, dirk, billups...

no way the matrix deserves more mvp votes than any of the 5
    test
  10. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

^^ take out lebron and kobe cus the mvp wont go to players on teams with a shitty record
    test
  11. G-Rob da great

My God, have you ever dropped a intelligent NBA comment in your life?

LeBron and Garnett had no problem recieving votes last year despite team records.

We're talking about players who deserve more votes than Shawn Marion. Kobe and LeBron both do. LeBron is a worthy MVP canidate-- LIKE HE WAS LAST YEAR.

Not that I would say the Cavs have a "shitty record" anyways.
    test
  12. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

im almost certain that the mvp hasnt gone to a player on a .500 club so throw out kobe.. he can have his scoring title and most shots ever award.. and fuk marion.. he aint a mvp either.. since nash already tainted it might as well give it to him again..

and of course u dont think the cavs record sucks, anything above .500 is like a record for u guys..

chumps cant even win in a waterd down league with rules and refs on their sides lol... u guys are lucky your beloved swingman are playin in this era and not 10-20 yrs ago..
    test
  13. double ML

double ML Guest

elton brand's name must be thrown into the MVP mix
    test
  14. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

Lol, well if they can have 4 all stars, why not =).

I guess I meant to put Dirk, but I wasn't even close to the mark.
    test
  15. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

Yeah, Brand is beast.

Clippers are handling the Spurs atm -sigh-

Casell keeps making big shots.

We aren't doing so well this year on the 2nd game of back to backs either.

-- I didn't know the Clips were this quick. They've been getting whatever they wanted on offense.
    test
  16. double ML

double ML Guest

here's steve kerr's take on shawn marion:

STEVE KERR'S THREE POINTS
    1. PLAYER OF THE WEEK
    Shawn Marion – The Phoenix Suns' multifaceted forward has thrust himself onto the short list of MVP candidates. During the team's 4-0 record last week, Marion's numbers were nothing short of spectacular: 26.3 points, 56.4-percent shooting and 13.8 rebounds. His rebounding and defense have helped keep the Suns atop the Pacific Division without Amare Stoudemire.

i think he knows just a little bit more about basketball than brahman. or anyone else on this board not named double M.L.

[stubby]
    test
  17. Iceodu921

double once again comes with an amazing post.
    test
  18. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

let me repost this just incase someone scrolled down to quick
    test
  19. double ML

double ML Guest

for shizzle
    test
  20. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

lol @ steve kerr

what a clown

he said kobe was "already the mvp" the day after his 81-point performance

either he's the frequent flip-flopper i think he is or he flat-out doesn't know what he's talking about. one or the other, and neither deserves much attention or consideration

once again, double comes with a meaningless post and convinces those on his side that it has some worth simply because it reiterates their invalid opinion
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.