Marion > Twack

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by ProFane, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. double ML

double ML Guest

^^chris paul has ROY on lock
    test
  2. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

Excatly. its like everyone is faulting Shawn for moving without the ball. he puts himself in a position to succed. if it were so easy for Nash to dish out assisst like he does to Marion he'd average 40 assisst a game. Marion takes up like 7 of Nash's assisst every game. theres a reason for that its not cuz Nash is soooo great its cuz Marion puts himself in a position to get the ball in a high scoring oppurtunity then he excecutes.
    test
  3. double ML

double ML Guest

if you shoot a high FG %, it must mean you suck bad

[funny]
    test
  4. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

Not even Magic in his prime could get the Knicks to play as a unit and win.

What he said was that Marbury, Kidd and Nash are better playmakers than anyone McGrady's ever had the chance to play with.

Which is true. Marbury might be the worst of the group but you'd be a fool to deny that he still is more talented on his worst day than any playmaker McGrady has had a chance to suit up with.

I don't see why it's so hard to understand that Marion would turn into a lima bean if he was asked to become a point forward and shoulder the same weight that McGrady does. He never has in his career.
    test
  5. G-Rob da great

And profane.. I don't really give a fuck about T-Mac. I have a fuckin Cavs tracker in my signature.. lol. I think it's obvious which swingman gets my vote (the guy who's better than Marion AND T-Mac).

This thread, like you.. is just flat out wrong. As I've told many a member before, I argue against a point that I believe is wrong. Doesn't have anything to do with the players involved.
    test
  6. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

To penalize a player because he plays with some other talented players is beyond idiotic. You have no idea how marion would perform with less talented playmakers so your speculation means nothing.

And the tmac having bad teammates agruement is getting old.
    test
  7. G-Rob da great

Not to nessacarily penalize Marion, but the obvious point in the argument is that McGrady plays as well or superior without the playmakers that Marion has been surrounded with in his career. (duh)

There's no point in trying to beat it in your head though. You're the same cat who tried to downplay Shaq's value because "he's on the downside of his career". Basketball is a team game... unfortunately some people will never truly understand that.

No wonder your a Knicks fan.
    test
  8. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

lol.. low blow.
    test
  9. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

i hate when people try to spin something that's "getting old" into it "getting false"

you may be tired of hearing something, but it doesn't mean that something has lost its credibility
    test
  10. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

lol, "premier" is a bit of a stretch

even so, why does he have his 3rd best shooting percentage against a team on the year in those two games versus phoenix? he may be a fairly good outside shooter, but there's no justification for that kind of performance given his lack of athleticism and moves in comparison to shawn marion. he only had 2 three-pointers in the first game against phoenix and 1 in the 2nd. that means he did his damage elsewhere and shawn marion couldn't lock him down or force him into a bad shooting game.

why did nowitzki match his season scoring average while suprassing his season fg%?

shawn marion is an overrated statistical defender. that's why.
    test
  11. Iceodu921

u havent supported any advice for maion only being good or better because of his playermakers. U havent because their is none.

also of course ud like tmac hes a choker and ur a cavs fan.
    test
  12. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

g-rob doesn't like t-mac much

and, no one is saying that marion is only good because of his playmakers. he's got talent and would obviously be good without them, but it's foolish not to acknowledge the presence of all those playmakers and hot shooters boosting his play and opening up opportunities for him.

placed in a point forward role like t-mac is, he would undoubtedly experience a dropoff in performance

you cannot say it's "unfair" to say that when we haven't seen him in that role either... it's been shown through his general lack of ability to open up shots for himself and others.
    test
  13. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

oh yeah...

boris diaw with 24 points, 10 rebounds, and 10 assists/0 turnovers

like i said, GREAT playmaker
    test
  14. Iceodu921

^very good...

diaw's sick but cant use great with him yet.

enough with the twack and marion stuff tho ur all just gonna stick with the same old agruement no matter how wrong it is.
    test
  15. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

you have done nothing to prove or even SUGGEST it's "wrong"
    test
  16. G-Rob da great

I'd only be repeating what brahman has already stated. It's obvious. You two are looking at stats and saying "well Marion is better because he averages x and McGrady does x so therefore = x".

That's why this thread started.

If you fools could just look at the responsibilites each of them have on offense there wouldn't even be a need to argue over it.

I'm not even going to give much thought or comment on a Knicks fan calling my team "chokers". lol.. next you going to tell me that we're way over the salary cap?
    test
  17. G-Rob da great

I don't like him at all.

Anyone who's been here longer than 4 months probably can recall our numerous LeBron > McGrady or Kobe > McGrady thread wars that went on for days/weeks at a time.

Notice how there was never a Marion > McGrady argument back in those days. It should be a given that McGrady is the better of the two.

I don't like McGrady. I don't like a lot of players, but showing bias has never been my "thing".

Doesn't surprise me that these kids label me as "liking" McGrady because I think he's a better player than someone they like. lol, Just like I'm a "LeBron nuthugger" for backing him in a debate.

That's the only response they can generate for sonnage. I'll debate on WNBA players from now on to avoid being called gay. [funny]
    test
  18. Yung Lyon

Yung Lyon THE BOSS

t-mac and marion aint even close, t-mac is above him

but t-mac and kobe is close, lebron or d wade is too young to even be brought up against kobe or trac

they need time to develope, they could end up like grant hill ya kno lol
    test
  19. Klas~Sick

Klas~Sick New Member

kobe > tmac > marion
    test
  20. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

hedo turkoglu with only 8 points on 2-7 shooting against andrei kirilenko
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.