Marion > Twack

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by ProFane, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

Duke shitted on him in there head to head battles. Marion is a force in the leauge right now. i dont want to hear shit about it. Tmac is not a better all around ball player then Marion. Tmac is a better ball handler then Marion that is it. maybe a better shooter. thats up to debate. depends on what kind of shot were talking about. all you Tmac nut huggers can zip it up. Matrix is the fucking Truth.
    test
  2. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

*laughs @ the fact that he saw this coming from a mile away based on the matrix's stellar play as of late

the matrix can thank having steve nash and boris diaw, two great playmakers, to set him up as well as some fine shooters to spread the floor

simply put, the matrix in t-mac's place on the rockets would have houston suffering even worse than they are

i give him credit for the way he's been playing over the past month and since the all-star break, but he still isn't that adept at creating for himself and for others

it's obvious mcgrady hasn't been himself for quite some time anyway, so these "head-to-head battles" don't carry much weight right now

edit: and, wtf? @ their shooting ability even being comparable? have you seen the shots marion takes? his fg% gets inflated based on all the easy shots he gets from nash dishes, and most of his threes are spot-up single coverage because of everybody else's shot on his team being respected. he's nowhere near the all-around shooter t-mac is when it comes to both spot-up ability and taking someone off the dribble for a pull-up J
    test
  3. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

Putting Marion in Houstons postion would create a better Houston team then they have now. thats looking at the other players. Marion helps his team be better players. Twack doesnt. Everyones numbers would be better with Marion in the lineup. Plus he's not injury prone like Tmac is. so Marion wouldnt have missed nearly as many games as Mac does. so his team would benifit from having him on the court more often.

lets also not forget Tmac has been in the leauge 2 more years then Marion and Marion is getting better each year. fuck Each game. Tmac was better in Orlando then he is in Houston. his body is getting old from the style he play's. his best years are behind him. Tmac in Orlando is a better comparison to Matrix now then Tmac of the Houston Suckits.

i knew you'd be the first to be in here to defend your Tmac. just let it go. where is there any evidence to say Mac is better then the Matrix please let me know.
    test
  4. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

Marions shoting % is higher then Tmac's cuz he takes smart shots. and Tmac shots the same kind of three's Marion does. nether of them takes Ray Allen Three pointers. and Marions 3 point percentage is better then Mac's.

Okay not Way better but better
    test
  5. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

how does marion help his team be better players??? it's more like the other way around...

he's got a ton of good players around him that set him up with their playmaking ability and free up space for him with their shooting ability. marion, as a focal point on the rockets, would face a lot more defensive attention and he doesn't have the requisite playmaking/passing ability to pass out of it and set up his teammates... nor does he have the ball-handling or shot creation ability to carry a team's offense on his own.

that's a huge disparity right there between him and t-mac. if you cannot see that, i'm surprised you're even trying to analyze basketball period.
    test
  6. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

he can't help but take smart shots when he's able to stumble in to brilliantly thrown passes for dunks and lay-ins

it happens time and time again. all he has to do is float aimlessly around the basket, and the ball will fall into his hands for an easy two. it's like clockwork with that phoenix team and system.

and, no, t-mac does not shoot the same kind of three's marion does. he doesn't luxuriously get nearly as many wide open ones, and he takes a lot more of them off the dribble.
    test
  7. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

i'm not defending "my t-mac" either, btw... i'm probably more disgusted and turned off with his play than anyone.

i just like for things to be analyzed fairly and in context.
    test
  8. Who Kares

Who Kares not even your mother

as far as a "basketball player"....Marion > Mcgrady...

fuck all that "pure talent" shit....
    test
  9. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

marion is a system basketball player

force him to carry a team like mcgrady has had to do, and he'd falter... badly

fuck not seeing the second round, he probably wouldn't even see the playoffs

seriously, picture marion in mcgrady's spot on those orlando teams. they wouldn't make the postseason... no question about it.
    test
  10. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=250522021
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=250524021
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=250528024
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=250530024
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=250601021

^ anybody care to try and take a stab at defending that???

please, oh pretty please, explain to me what that is...

go ahead and clown t-mac for losing playoff leads as the mvp of his team against more well-rounded squads, but you can't EVER... EVER say that he disappeared on his team like that with supreme choke potency. and, with players like nash and stoudemire to divert attention and open up opportunities at that???

gimme a break!

shawn marion has been exposed, and he would be exposed even worse as a franchise player over an extended period of time
    test
  11. Who Kares

yea...dont mention he was playing against the best one on one defender in the league aside from Artest.....
    test
  12. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

still... i doubt t-mac would have performed so poorly, especially with that kind of cast around him
    test
  13. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

That's all that needed to be said and this thread should've been closed.

Marion could NEVER be the "go-to-guy" on a winning team.

Not that T-Mac has been a part of a ton of winning teams-- but I want T-Mac to lead my team well before I consider Marion.

Marion's probably on the third tier.
    test
  14. Who Kares

with all the blah blah thats been said.....still....Marion > Mcgrady
    test
  15. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

Marion doesn't need to dominate the ball, or have plays run for him.

He's a different kind of basketball player than T-Mac. Ones a fascilitator, the others an initiator.

Marion got shut down in the playoffs last year by Bowen. Like 4 points shutdown. The whole series he got humiliated.

He's a glorified hustle player. Top tier, but he'll never be able to take his game to places that T-Mac can.

Like Nash, and the collection of the Suns team, they are made better by each other. The open and high octane offense, benefits their games. Marion cleans up the garbage. But as a go to player, the main focus, he'd wilt.

I'd want a T-Mac and a Marion on my team, each would play a valuable role into the overall team success.

Elton Brand and Marion are a bit more comparable, insofar as they do similar things for their teams - run, be active, grab boards, defend many different positions... but even there the edge would go to Brand because he has a better post up game and doesn not benefit from a playmaker of Nash's caliber.
    test
  16. Yung Lyon

Yung Lyon THE BOSS

shawn marion is a good player, far from great

tracy is a great player
    test
  17. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

lol @ this guy man hes so deliusional trin to find a reason why players perform better than tmac he just said diaw is a GREAT playmaker.
    test
  18. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

i don't have to "try" to find a reason why shawn marion is performing better than t-mac right now

it's right there in broad daylight... the suns system and players is just a very efficient fine-tuned machine that opens opportunities for everyone involved

marion's got countless WIDE WIDE open buckets where he's just floating along the baseline for an easy two-handed jam when the ball falls into his hands

great post, cigma
    test
  19. EmceeSquared

EmceeSquared I H8 Swedish Crackwhores

I'll use a Brahman-like excuse: The fact that Marion plays stellar defense hurts his ability to be the best offensive force in the NBA!
    test
  20. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

^^^hahahaha word...

tmacs lack of effort in the total team game allows him to dominate on offense..

if marion didnt play defense and was allowed to take as many shots as tmac hed be avg 40 ppg.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.