Marijuana Is Gateway Drug for Two Debates

Discussion in '420Lounge' started by Knowledge, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

cuz at least it would provide some sort of idea of what the true effects are. not just pro-weed enthusiasts goin "nuh-uh! it doesn't hurt you it's not addictive and there's nothing bad about it! it's bein held down by the man, man!"

and the difference, again, between it and any other legal drug (besides pain-killers/muscle relaxers, etc.) is that one bowl hit, one joint, etc. gets you high. one drink doesn't get you drunk, and one cig doesn't do anything to you. you know?
    test
  2. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

thats fine by me.. run tests on MJ.. but while ur there test every other single drug out there.. dont single out MJ..

id love to watch those giant pharma companies fold..

got this country hooked to synthetic opiates
    test
  3. SuB zer0

SuB zer0 A.D.R.I.A.N.N.A

i know dope fiends

that have never smoked weed in their life
    test
  4. Hardkore

Hardkore Blunts@TheBeach

i can guarantee you that weed is the most used illegal drug in the united states without question.

it doesn't mean it's the worst. it's just the most accessible and the one that has the worst stigma attached to it.
    test
  5. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

aint that kinda obvious??

the most commonly used drugs r MJ, alcohol, and tobacco.. the latter r legal..

that leaves MJ in the company of hard drugs n pills.. outside fiends who is dumb enough to do shit like crack, meth, coke, x, etc every day?
    test
  6. Hardkore

Hardkore Blunts@TheBeach

^ think about it, though, toker...

...there are laws that say if you drink alcohol and you drive, you will go to jail.

now, i 100% agree that marijuana doesn't fuck a person up like alcohol does. however, i would say that the average sober person drives better than a person who is high or a person who is smoking weed while driving. a cigarette doesn't get a person high. it just poisons a person, which i don't agree with, but oh well. marijuana slightly, veeeeery slightly impairs a person's mechanical functions. now, there are laws that say you cannot be drunk and drive. those same laws apply to people who smoke weed while driving. i've been pulled over on many occasions and the officer smelled weed on me, searched my whip, and let me go because i had nothing on me. actually happened to me on three separate occasions. most people know alcohol is much more impairing to the human body than weed is. on the flip side, weed still makes a person not sober. it even says on medicine bottles: "do not operate a motor vehicle after taking this, and blah, blah, blah."

now...if weed were legalized, there would have to be laws that say, "do not be high and drive" and cops would eventually start pulling more people over because they smell weed on a person and even more people would be getting arrested.

i personally feel that tobacco products and alcohol products should be illegal, too, but i'm not gonna act like i'm holy and act like i've never smoked a black 'n mild or drank before. people have their vices. smoking anything isn't healthy, period. if people just smoked weed and did not operate motor vehicles afterwards, i feel marijuana legalization would be no problem. unfortunately, there would be a shitload of marijuana related arrests the first day it became legal 'cuz stupid ass muhfuckas would get high as shit, get into car accidents, and weed would be blamed once again.

the only thing i could say is...marijuana does not keep you impaired for hours like consuming large amounts of alcohol does. then again, it depends on the quantity you smoke.

at the end of the day, my opinion is that alcohol and tobacco products should be outlawed if marijuana is outlawed or marijuana should be legal and treated like alcohol if anything.
    test
  7. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

First off i said that marijuana use in TEENS...has dropped....because many are jumping directly into pills instead of using marijuana heavily......marijuana use in general has gone up because it is being used more medically now then ever before...and many of the false stigma's attached to it are being recognized by the general public...so yes its going down as a "party drug"...going up as a useful medicine....

As far as vaporizing...no your not inhaling smoke..thats the whole point of vaporizing.....your inhaling oils...very big difference...theres no combustion so there is no tar..your assessment there is a complete fabrication

As far as studies being done...there are plenty of them...and there continue to be many....the problem is you have many studies being put out with a political bias....i notice a lot of studies talking about the damages of people smoking and it points to really heavy users....smoking 6-10 joints a day...well shit if your SMOKING that much...something should be fucked up with all of the carcinogen toxins your ingesting....if those people were to vaporize it would probably be the equivalent to 2 joints a day to receive the same effect...and even with all that since your not smoking, alot of those negative effects are being nullified....
    test
  8. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

well, may be used more medically now, but it's still definitely the biggest party drug outside of pills. i'd say coke more, but definitely more people smoke than do yey. and when it comes down to it, you guys are still comparing moderate weed use to abuse of alcohol and tobacco.

my fault about the vaporizors. when you see clouds inside the bag, you assume it's smoke cuz it's like it got cooked/burnt when the bud comes out all black and shit.
    test
  9. Macmili

Macmili Thorough

I think using drugs is a personality trait, and most people who have that trait start with marijuana and work their way up. If there was no marijuana they'd start with cocaine.
    test
  10. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i dont know if anyones said this or not, but ive always thought of weed as a gateway drug and ive smoked it for 18 yrs, but its a gateway drug because once you know a dealer you can easily get your hands on other drugs....its the access. Every drug you get is basically a gateway drug because of that fact.
    test
  11. PhilNYCE

PhilNYCE Guest

I ain't ready all that shit, ya dig?
    test
  12. jweezy1

jweezy1 New Member

So true!!
    test
  13. Akademik Prod

Akademik Prod Microphone Menace

Your mind is the gateway.. Its up to ones self to do the drug or not. Most of the time, they know the potential consequences of doing the drug...
    test
  14. Knowledge

Knowledge Guest

Personally I would say Prescription Drugs are the biggest gateway drug there is.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.