Manny "Money" Pacquiao wants $22.5 mil guaranteed

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by SeeSon, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Manny "MONEY" Pacquiao wants $ 22.5 MILLION Guaranteed for Margarito.
    It has been reported by several sources that Pacquiao has demanded Bob Arum guarantee him more money than Floyd Mayweather got against Shane Mosley in May. Which According to contracts filled with The Nevada Athletic Commission was $22,500,000.
    Manny "MONEY" Pacquiao wants to become the highest paid fighter in boxing, and he is now demanding Bob Arum make it happen for the Margarito fight.
    According to numerous reports, Manny is asking for one dollar more Guaranteed Money than what Mayweather receive for Mosley which would be
    $22,500,001.
    Which now the question has to be asked, Why is Manny Pacquiao so concerned about making the exact amount Mayweather made for his last fight against Mosley, better yet he wants 1 dollar more.
    Based on Pacquiao previous Guaranteed Purses, His demand of $22,500,001.
    Dollars should be considered absurd.
    Because as showed the figures below, he is only averaging $ 7.16 Million guranteed in his last 6 fights, and his highest Guaranteed Purse was $12 Million according to most reports.

Remind you that, in order for HBO and Top Rank to break even on that request Manny vs. Margarito would have to at least hit 1.2 Million buys which would probably net $54 Million in PPV revenue, and his gate would have to exceed $10 Million dollars.
    Question of the Thread

So the question now is, do you guys think Manny is justifed in his request of a guarantee of $22,500,001 million dollars against Margarito considering his past Fight Revenue income generated?
    Manny Pacquiao Guaranteed Purses:
    Pacquiao $12 Million vs. Clottey $1.5 Million
    Pacquiao $7.5 million vs. Miguel Cotto $4 Million
    Pacquiao $12 million vs. Ricky Hatton $11 Million
    Pacquiao $6 Million vs. De la Hoya $20 Million
    Pacquiao $3 million vs. David Diaz 800k
    Pacquiao $2.5 Million vs. Juan Manuel Marquez 2 $500
    Pacquiao $650.000 vs Juan Manuel Marquez $500k
    Manny Pacquiao Average Guaranteed Purse for his Past 6 Fights: $ 7.16 Million
    Pacquiao's 12 pay-per-view fights
    6.25 million buys and $320 million
    June 2008: Pacquiao vs. David Diaz 250k PPV = $12.5 Million
    Dec 2008: Pacquiao vs. De la Hoya 1.25M PPV= $70 Million
    May 2009: Pacquaio vs. Ricky Hatton 800k PPV= $43 Million
    Nov 2009: Pacquiao vs. Miguel Cotto 1.25 M PPV = $68 Million
    Mar 2010: Pacquiao vs. Joshua Clottey 700k PPV= $35 Million
    other ppv:
    Pacquaio vs. Morales 350,000 PPV
    Pacquiao vs. Morales II- 355,000 buys
    PACQUIAO vs. BARRERA 350,000 PPV
    Pacquaio vs. Marquez I 360,000 PPV
    Pacquaio vs. MarquezII 400,000 buys
    test
  2. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

All I have to say is Manny

[​IMG]
    test
  3. Ralph Pootawn

Ralph Pootawn New Member

Why's he mad?

He ain't the one with whispers all around that he's scared like Prissy Boy.
    test
  4. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

lmfaooo

nigga too shook to take the test and now want that mayweather money :funny:
    test
  5. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

one of mayweathers big arguments is bringing in the most money and being the highest paid fighter "for a reason".. so manny wants to take that from him, guaranteed
    test
  6. R3flex

R3flex Smackin Ya Manses

nah. this aint true. it's impossible. Manny fights for pride, honor & legacy!
    test
  7. murda bay

murda bay New Member

Cuz he wants to b everything mayweather is without fightin him...wuts manny scared of?
    test
  8. murda bay

murda bay New Member

p.s.......a fight wit margarito aint gonna get him no money...if he would fought a bigger name...maaaybe...but probably not
    test
  9. jayoo

as much as ive defended floyd through it all.. its up to floyd now, manny agreed to the testing
    test
  10. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

No he didn't. Him and Arum claim that they agreed to the old terms. Right after the Mosley fight Floyd said those terms were off the table and he wanted full testing up until the fight. Manny def didn't agree to that.
    test
  11. jayoo

oh didnt see that they changed the terms.. but why change them? that doesnt help me believe in floyd.. and id be rooting for floyd in the fight, or was.. i dunno anymore. he wants it 1 way, finally manny agrees, now he wants it another way.. he doesnt come out with a statement by deadline so pacman gets another fight now roger mayweather is on record saying mayweather will fight by the end of the year.. really? after manny books a fight? its sketchy
    test
  12. The Nonpareil

The Nonpareil What about me?

I agree with jayoo that this is a psychological tactic.
    test
  13. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

The haters don't get it. People think that Mayweather is doing this because he is "scared". I really don't think that is what it is. I believe that he is doing this because of arrogance rather than fear. He looks at the treatment every other fighter got when he was the top draw. You didn't negotiate with Tyson or De La Hoya. You basically took whatever terms they offered and were happy that they selected you to fight them. I think Floyd remembers basically getting bent over at the negotiating table by Oscar, and now that he is the undisputed cash cow, he believes that he should be able to dictate terms to anyone or he will give the fight to someone else. I really believe that this is the heart of the issue. No one complained or had a problem with any of Oscar's demands on opponents. People accepted it as how things were. But since people hate Floyd, they don't believe he should be given the same treatment. Look at the numbers, he's the undisputed top guy in boxing, and he should be able to dictate whatever demands he wants. If Manny doesn't like it, good luck getting 700k ppv buys with Margo.
    test
  14. jayoo

thats great, could be the truth, but at the end of the day if he wants to be as great as he makes himself out to be manny is the last guy to beat (in my opinion) unless you throw upcoming fighters in the mix. so despite the reason, floyds ignorant for delaying something that needs to happen for boxing. if hes not at all hesitant, thats fine, but keep delaying, theres always that age a fighter hits that they lose a few steps and you never know when it'll be for any fighter it just happens. i hope his day comes for delaying, and he gets embarassed if/when he accepts it. facts are i was backing floyd, at this point i still am, but if hes taking a fight im gonna lose some faith and if mannys next fight isnt him im gonna lose more. not only did he not respond, but he said in that make a wish video that was out he was thinkin of takin another 2 years off then comin back.. why would he do that? maybe if you were 28 come back at 30.. but leave at 33-34 and come back at 35-36? its not that old or that long really but in terms of a fast fighter who relies a lot on countering and not being hit that could be a detrimental age, some make it to 40+, some decline at 35.. floyd isnt invincible.
    test
  15. The Nonpareil

Yeah, I agree with a lot of this, but I think Bert Sugar broke it down best for once.

[youtube]ru3MZcNQ8SQ[/youtube]
    test
  16. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

That was non sense. Floyd has nothing to fear because he would rape Manny
    test
  17. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

The Three M's

Mosley, Marquez, and Mayweather
    test
  18. murda bay

murda bay New Member

“Who the f*ck has two close fights with (Juan Manuel) Marquez?”

lmao...the best quote of 2010....lol
    test
  19. murda bay

murda bay New Member

p.s....theres no advantage for either fighter if they both r goin thru the SAME EXACT testing...

and as far as diva shit...thats all manny...his demand was $10 mil for every lb mayweather was over....and floyd accepted immediately
    test
  20. The Nonpareil

Who the fuck goes the distance with an old De La Hoya?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.