manny handled oscar de la hoya

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by xX_NASTY_Xx, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xX_NASTY_Xx

xX_NASTY_Xx Guest

shit wasn't even funny man

fuck
    test
  2. Nikkles

Nikkles Don't Fuck With Chuck

After being dominated like that from the start Oscar should really think about hanging up his gloves cause he just doesn't have anything left.

Manny was just a different class with his movement even though Oscars reach was better he got in and destroyed him with his footwork.
    test
  3. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

Went exactly as I thought it would. Manny's speed was too much for the older, unimpressive Oscar.

but Oscar got what he wanted - another big payday and he helped give another future moneymaker a boost.
    test
  4. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I think Manny might be better than Mayweather... Who knows... His hands are retarded... Them combos were fuckin' disgusting...
    test
  5. RAWz

RAWz *******

dats debatable fa'sure. both is nice, but manny still has his momentum. where da fuck money.m been at? -probably not trainin hard; since he is a family man

Roach got some talent in his corner wit several other fighters. manny bein the most dominant.
    test
  6. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Manny would outbox and outpoint Mayweather.
    test
  7. RAWz

RAWz *******

honestly, he would b able ta break down money's defense.. n faster than mayweather's previous oppositions been
    test
  8. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

test
  9. Nikkles

Nikkles Don't Fuck With Chuck

If Floyd still wants to be competitive then I would say he should fight Pac man but, he has it all to lose and don't think Mayweather would want the L on his record, I' m not saying he would lose he is one of the greatest counter punchers I have ever seen but with Manny beating Oscar like he did I don't think Floyd would want any of him unless he still wants to prove know one can touch him.

It would definitely be a great fight though (If it happened)
    test
  10. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

Manny won't beat Floyd-at best it will be a draw, but most likely Floyd will win.

Manny has a draw on his record from Marquez-a very gifted Technical fighter....

As Technical as Marquez is, he still dosen't have the defensive capabilites or the speed of Floyd.

Manny won the rematch with Marquez, but most true boxing fans saw it as another draw...

The defensive abilities taught by the Maywhether clan is fetching top dollar these days...

Dey La Hoya should have retired 5 years ago...
    test
  11. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

^^^ I dunno how you can say that when Mayweather barely beat De La Hoya. I watched that fight over 15 times straight through. A LOT of those shots that they were sayin' landed were not landing. Even the commentators were saying that neither of them were really landing any shots. They even were saying the judges aren't always the best with judging how many shots landed, especially with the different angles... Meanwhile, Pacman was landing HARD SHOTS over and over and over and over again... De La Hoya's head looked like a bobble head doll.

I'm not sayin' he'd win 100% but if I had to put my money on it, I think he could take Mayweather out...
    test
  12. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

Manny HAS power

more power than Floyd, but in the end technical & defensive abilities will prevail over raw power.

Manny is MUCH stronger than Marquez, but that didn't neutralise the superior technical skill of Marquez...

Floyd has beaten fighters who are stronger than him already. He also knows how to adapt to different styles....

Dey La Hoya is not a good indicator of how Manny will do against Floyd.

Dey La Hoya was a predictable easy target-I didn't even get excited for that fight, cuz I knew what was going to happen....

Floyd is never an easy target, & has much better defensive capabilites than Marquez...
    test
  13. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

^^^ At the same time, Floyd's offense isn't as good as Pacquiao's. And he's not all power. He was weaker than De La Hoya. You do realize Manny had to gain weight to come up to De La Hoya's division, right? His hands are INCREDIBLY fast. And you're crazy if you say Manny's not technical. Did you see his movement in the ring? His head movement? His hand speed? All the angles he was coming from?
    test
  14. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

defense > offense

the old boxing dictum is:"make him miss, make him pay"

it dosen't matter who has the better offense

its the defense that will save your ass. Manny will be open for many counter shots by Floyd as he does leave himself open.

Besides power, Manny dosen't have many advantages over Floyd.

And Power alone dosen't win fights on an elite level: Floyd is the complete package...

He was weaker than Dey la Hoya? bullshit, all Dey La hoya has is a natural size advatage.

Dey La Hoya is a shot fighter, all his stats are irrelevant at this stage in his career...

hand speed? Floyd is as fast as any boxer, and is more technicly sound than Manny.

watch Manny fight marquez, and you will see the difference between a good boxer/brawler & an expert technician....

like I said before, Dey La Hoya is ABSOLUTELY NOT a good measuring stick to guage what would happen if or when Floyd fights Manny...

Manny is an offense minded boxer

Floyd stresses defense...

as ar as styles go, Manny may very well play into Floyds hands Ah La Ricky Hatton....
    test
  15. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

Manny knocked down Marquez in the 1st round, three times and Marquez still managed to fight him to a draw.

Marquez does not have superior power over Manny, nor does he have Floyds defensive ability, but his superior technical skill allowed him to compensate for his lack of power....
    YouTube - Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez - Rounds 1-2

Floyd will be that much harder to hit...

In the late rounds, Floyd will most likely catch Many with some Big shots to win the fight...

Floyd knows how to break fighters down systematicly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6iZCFSQnB4&feature=related
    test
  16. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I think you're crazy. Defense matters over offense depending on how much better than are defensively than the other fighter is with the offense. And again, you're making it seem like Manny isn't a technician. WTF? Again... Angles are part of being technical. Did you see all the angles and combo setups he was hitting De La Hoya with? And De La Hoya has always been another "DEFENSE" fighter.

And if you see how De La Hoya cornered Mayweather and pounded on his body in their fight... If he even thinks about letting Pacquaio do that, he's gonna get demolished. Pacquaio has wayyyy better hands and combos....

And Ricky Hatton's handspeed is ass compared to Manny's.... Pacquiao isn't just offense. It was shown heavily by his excellent foot work and head movement. I dunno what fighter you're watching. Everything you're saying Pacquiao isn't is what he showed he is in that De La Hoya fight...

And false... Offense can be defense in fighting. If you come with enough and powerful enough of a barrage, the fighter is so focused on defending that they can't go on the offense.

Same strategy in MMA that a lotta fighters take on jujitsu fighters. Hit 'em with so many punches so hard that they can't think about what submission to go after.

Mayweather has not fought a puncher with the hand speed Pacquiao has. And again, I think you're def'nitely wrong if you think De La Hoya didn't have the power advantage on Pacquaio. That was one of the clear advantages they were talking about De La Hoya having. Strength....

Pacquaio beat him with speed and technique. EVEN DE LA HOYA SAID IT IN THE POST FIGHT. Again, what fight were you watching? He didn't brawl. He picked him apart... THIS IS A FACT....
    test
  17. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

Dey La hoya is shot...I don't care what Manny or Floyd did against him

That fight with him and Floyd was terrible....

Floyd was in absolutely NO danger, and Dey La Hoya didn't open up enough for Floyd seriouly hurt him either.

I didn't say Paquaio didn't have any of the qualities you mentioned, but at the end of the day, the deciding factor will be Floyds superior defense, over Paquaio's superior offense.

Manny may have technical ability in certain areas, but like Prince Naseem Hamed when he throws wild shots from wild angles-he is many times off balance...

I don't think you quite understand what a gem Maywhether is...

Floyd wll easily take advantage of all of Pac's bad habits, like the above mentioned.

I can see him setting him up eventually.

Floyd has a multi leveled offense as well. He may lack Pac's power, but he will never attack in a reclkless manner & leave himself open.

Trust me, Pac is gonna play right into Floyds hands...

I'll put money on Floyd...
    test
  18. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Prince Naseem has half the hand speed of Pacman. I used to love that du' tho'... He looked so evil... lol

And I disagree tho'. I think Floyd's inability to throw is his weakness. And going on the ropes and letting fighters pound away at him. Being too cautious. If he pulls that off at any moment against Pacquiao, he's going to get hurt. I think it would be a great fight but I have my money on Pacquiao. I really hope this shit happens soon so if Pacquiao does beat 'em, people don't make excuses for Mayweather and say: "He had been out for so long/He retired/His heart wasn't in it..."
    test
  19. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

this has all set up a golden boy promoted fight between pac man and margarito or cotto if he can win a rematch OR the ultimate payday mayweather if oscar can muster up the right amount of $ to get him to come out of retirement, but i dont think mayweather wants any piece of manny without a warmup fight or 2 first
    test
  20. Radium

Radium f k

Mayweather/Pacquiao should/could have been made when both were fighting at 135 or 140. Floyd was a force at those weights. He had more power than Pacquiao at those weights. If they fight now Floyd Mayweather would KO Pacquiao. If they fought then Floyd Mayweather would KO Pacquiao. Floyd Mayweather will pick him apart and break him down with laser sight right hands. Floyd is quick enough to be in the ring with Pacquiao and that is Pacquiao's primary advantage over opponents: his quickness. If you can't handle his speed you will lose period. But Floyd is also quick.

I imagine though that Hatton/Pacquiao will be made with the winner getting a shot at Floyd. Hatton/Pacquiao would be a blood fest....

Pacquiao would stop him after several rounds of sustained, high-paced brutality.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.