'Mania 29

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by jerzcity, Apr 7, 2013.

1. jerzcity

jerzcity Member

Thoughts, opinions party ppl.
    test
  2. Diasick

Diasick this guy

fucking cena.
    test
  3. Mave2

Mave2 Active Member

Last three matches were predicting endings. Only asterisk is Punk vs Taker was a fuckin awesome match, and Rock vs Cena II wasn't that bad..Overall, I'm glad my stream was pretty good throughout. I also missed Jericho's entrance, how was it?
    test
  4. jerzcity

jerzcity Member

Jericho had good crowd reaction, plus fireworks. I thought Rock-Cena 2 was weak, as well as Jericho-Fandango. The rest of the card was dope, I'm on the fence with Henry-Ryback tho.
    test
  5. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

I had a shitty stream, but saw what I needed. Taker vs Punk was dope(though the last 5 minutes my stream was really bad). HHH vs Brock was decent. Rock vs Cena was pretty good, IMO. Only really saw those three.
    test
  6. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

My expectations weren't that high going in. I don't know where the "Jericho-Fandango was weak" is coming from, it was one of the matches I wanted to see and it lived up to my expectations which were good compared to what I expected from the rest of the show. How you can call that match weak, and be on the fence about Henry-Ryback is fucking beyond me. @jerzcity

For the rematches, I though Lesnar-HHH was decent, but Cena-Rock fell flat partly because the crowd wasn't into it at the beginning, but also because of the BS they did with finisher attempts 40 times near the end which was just as boring.

Punk v. Taker delivered, nice touch with having the band play Punk's entrance too. I would have liked to see an even better match, but I was satisfied.

The tag matches are going to be overlooked, but they were fun and had nice finishes.

Miz-Barrett on the pre-show was OK but short-lived. Not sure why they had Barrett drop the title though, they're whoring that thing around too much.

The Swagger-Del-Rio video package was one of the best I've seen. I can't think of one in history that has been as great as that. The match itself did what was expected for where it was on the card. Nothing grand though.

I guess that's about it.
    test
  7. Diasick

Diasick this guy

i dont see why everyone complained i thought it was pretty good.
    test
  8. jerzcity

jerzcity Member

It was def a good ppv. Even the performance by Diddy was good cause if gave me a chance to go to the store.

In Jericho-Fandango, Y2J dominated then kicked out of homie's special move. Wtf at that ending too, I'm sure that didn't go as planned. I still look foward to the fued tho, Fandango is too serious, and Jericho's too funny. Good combo.
    test
  9. Diasick

Diasick this guy

taker is dam near 50 years old and put on a better showing than everyone.

hardly even broke a sweat.
    test
  10. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

^^That's cuz Punk carried him.
    test
  11. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Overall, the PPV would have been alright as a normal PPV but it's FUCKING WRESTLEMANIA....Cena and Rock was weak, Bork gassed out early, ADR/Swags was a dead zone, and no cash in by Ziggles.
    test
  12. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

Punk was awesome, the Shield was awesome, Fandango winning was awesome, Mark Henry was awesome even though his match was shit. Rest of the show could fuck off mostly.
    test
  13. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Why they would wouldn't use Punk in the main event but also not have Punk gain anything from his match with Taker (ending the streak) is a head scratcher.

Punk would have made the overwhelmingly stale main event much better.

Overall...strong card, weak matches/results.

Oddly enough (or not so oddly) I agree with the Jericho/Fandango awesomeness. It was like a 123 Kid/Razor Ramon type deals, only the 123 kid was a dancing fairy lol. Very entertaining.

Never have Diddy come within 3 miles of a wrestling arena ever again, please.
    test
  14. Diasick

Diasick this guy

probably because he is banged up and might be taking time off
    test
  15. dodson495

dodson495 Life is Good

it was a damn good wrestlemania. the best matches imo were brock vs hhh and taker vs punk
    test
  16. Superman70

Superman70 edited

i thought it was below average for a wrestlemania
    test