Man..since I moved to L.A. ..I've found out a lot of shit..

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by ChaseNCashe, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

^ yeap..... just because you made the beat does not mean you produced the track... a producer organizes the song.... etc... but thats another issue.... that always comes up every 4- 6 months.... But alot of producers ghost produced or sold the rights before they were famous...

ie. neptunes, kanye, scott storch... and more than that...
    test
  2. The Militant

The Militant New Member

so then its only natural for us to become famous after we ghost produce
    test
  3. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

Yes...it is a natural progression if your 1.talented, 2. have business savy. 3.Dedicated/assertive/hardworker. If you messing one of those...your prob. not going to make it. And everyone thinks there both however reality/time will tell.
    test
  4. nwo504

nwo504 Rawtunez

i found out that some songs on the carter werent produced by mannie
    test
  5. Stackin$$$

Stackin$$$ New Member

^that's different...u just assumed they were..while the architects and who ever else got Credit...this "B. Howard" nigga didnt
    test
  6. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

down and out is def a kanye beat brian miller might have added some shit on top for the hook but thats a kanye beat all day.
    test
  7. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

[​IMG]
    I had been hearin Brian Miller made the beat b4 the vinyl single came out (w/ the credits)....so I think it's true...

so most likely im thinkin Kanye only got production credit 4 puttin the song together in the studio with Cam and Syleena

and not to mention, I've never heard Kanye use those drums before...
    test
  8. Blemickis

Blemickis I get computers puting

in the liner notes of the album he's not credited at all
    test
  9. Afrika

Afrika Nemesis

Dude who said dat ghost producing and ghost writing is paying dues is wrong and will get raped by the industry and sell his soul. Ghost writers who are smart and know the biz walk way with publishing money (their points are high than the artists publishing points) and their credit. 2nd of all some of the ghost producers are not credited on the record it self but own the publishing. Y wud i sell a hit record 4 5-10k if the so called super producer is going 2 get 60-100k for it b4 they even get a publishing check.If ur selling ur right u are strickly stupid coz ur track may end up on a tv show, movie, commercial or even mtv and bet.

Slizzy business is wat broke up dre and eazys relationship and split cube from NWA.It also created tensions between puff and the lox. Business is business ppl if u dont know wat u are geting in2 u might jus shoot urself dats y nottz said read a book about dis shit b4 ur get ur dick in it and get burnt.And I dont remember scott storch or focus saying anything about going independent they are still aftermath affiliated.Scott still playes with dre and focus still submits tracks and gets his credit just like all dre affiliates hi tek, Mr Porter and nottz.So the guy who said dre is not humble shud rephrase.And dre credits every1 he gets beats from or works with, check the credits.U assumed he was getting ghost production.

Another thing is dat u need 2 realise dat there is a diff between a producer and a beat maker (meaning there is a diff between looping a sample and producing a record), there is a diff between a beat and music.A beat is an idea music is the end product.So if dre or kanye get ur beat cd and alter ur beat because they have a vision of wat u wer tryn 2 express or an idea for a song.They deserve a cut not everything though.Remember dat u are not gonna make urself hot it take a hot artist(artist with vision e.g busta, jay, game) or great producer with vison like dre to make ur beat hot and teach you some shit in the process.

Dats y most these labels cant touch aftermath, most of the labels are corrupt and amped with politics and they get beats from all over the place and expect hit records over night without working with the original ppl who made the beats. If dre or jay signs some1 and makes it they look in the same place they cant take risks.Aftermath is a unit.
    test
  10. Afrika

Afrika Nemesis

Sorry if dat was 2 much info, m back lol. Paying dues is not ghost producing, paying dues if so called "grinding."Goin out to the labels and industry function passing out beat cds, netowrking getting internships in a studio or radio/tv statio(artists are in and out of those places and they could walk in on u making a beat or playing ur beat cd and u can chop it up.
    Just hope is a female artist that walks in on u.LoL
    WHO KNOWS WAT ELSE SHE WANTS.lmao
    test
  11. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

Its reality vs the ideal world.

In the ideal world, good producers get work on CDs. Thats it. Everything is 100% talent based. If you make something, you get your proper credit and royalty upfront. In reality, its connections and politics. You look at the situation wth two choices:

1) I can get full credit for making a beat noboy is buying (ie NO MONEY). Or I could sell it for chump change to a rapper that nobody will ever hear.

2) I can get paid... and maybe even get a name out of it.

That doesn't make it right, but that is the reality of it. You can operate based off of some fantasy that doesn't exist or operate based off the realities in everyday life.
    test
  12. Gamshooter

Gamshooter New Member

ghost writing is possibly the best hustle in rap
    test
  13. KWICBOYZ

KWICBOYZ New Member

o...

lol naw good points made
    test
  14. Leo Buzz

Leo Buzz New Member

test
  15. Djay Cas

Djay Cas Woodgrain Oak

damn this post old as hell.

apparently its a brian beat 'all day' ...miller.
    test
  16. Hitman J

Hitman J lets get get get it....

hell yea.. and i made it all the way to the third page lol...
    high shit.

But yea....

I still question and wonder about how the general game works but its all trial and error. The only mistake is one you didn't learn from.
    test
  17. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

niggaz in here writin documents....
    test
  18. PLT Productions

PLT Productions Baltics Most Wanted

Well, don`t be stupid.. Negotiable! Don`t sell all your rights.
    test
  19. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

I will tell you guys like this. NOBODY will get on without greasing the right palms.

That's the difference between the super producer and the ghost. You can find a hot new artist, but if neither of you has the money, you'll never go anywhere. That is until either of you pony up the bucks, or get involved with somebody that has the clout to. The super producer has the right connections/money to get that shit heard.

Does that mean you can't do it? No. Ideally you'd make it yourself. Having hot beats you're shopping, making connections, working with artists in the cusp. But you should still save up a good portion of money (in the 10's of K's) for that push. But everybody wants to live in fantasy land, neglect (or just don't know) to get that shit them necessary spins, you gotta pay up. It'll be a never ending cycle so long as you want to stay popular.

Gotta spend money to make money [dunno]
    test
  20. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Oh yeah, and LOL at I don't care about the money.

Yeah, OK [pus]

You sell all the rights for 10K to a song that goes longstanding #1 on some 'My Heart Will Go On' shit. Once that 10K dries up (in 6 months living like a bum tops) you'll be singing from a whole new sheet of music.

You're giving up INSANE amounts of money. Fucking radio spins, TV, video, sheet music, ringtones and so many other forms. Money that would have you and your family set for decades and decades and lifetimes. Look at Bing Crosby-'I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas'. Do you know how much money his family STILL RAKES IN every year around Christmas time?

Just cause you have 100 million doesn't mean you have to have 20 Bentley's and 10 houses the size of the Superdome. Shit, put it in the bank, collect interest, never have to work another day off of free money.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.