Man..since I moved to L.A. ..I've found out a lot of shit..

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by ChaseNCashe, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

agreed. I dont need to be rich I just want enough to be comfortable, pay all my bills and not have to have a day job. After that u can keep the cars, groupies, mansions and shit I dont need it.
    test
  2. Arkane Beats

Arkane Beats www.arkanebeats.com

So true, I been hip to dude since I heard he did that beat on Biggie's Duets album
    test
  3. eyec0n

eyec0n New Member

i hate this guy

always drops some "i know everything" shit and just sounds like a tool
    test
  4. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

if hes wrong tell him hes wrong then otherwise shut the fuck up
    test
  5. Beatboss

Beatboss aka ni6apinoflavord

damn that sucks hearing that
    that beat really sounds like a jazzie pha beat
    test
  6. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

i dont think we'll ever know what a 'jazzy phae' beat sounds like lol

he could be usin some one elses complete style.
    test
  7. TraxSmith

TraxSmith TrackBangas.com

i did...and still do a lot of ghost production for a few indie labels and outside country labels..but shit the money is REAL GOOD...thas why a lot of these producers do the ghost production cuz its a big sum of money at on time and the producer who bought it might come back for more...

wit the jazzy situation...do you think the nigga who did the beat woulda got it blown up like jazzy did?...hell nah b..so ghost production is sumtimes good for producers
    test
  8. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

If Ur Ghost Producing.. Isn't It A Pool Of Producers.. That Pretty Much Get Drafted To Make A Beat Lol
    test
  9. nwo504

nwo504 Rawtunez

If i made a hit track under someone, id let the artist know that i did it and if you want another beat like that call ME, but don't tell anyone.
    test
  10. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

my beef is more with the producers who buy the ghosting, not the ones who do it.. I could never see myself buying someone else's joint and putting my name on it.. even if I'm 100% businessman, Id feel like a punk putting my name on something I didn't create.. its cool to buy a beat from someone else and make a good business move, but theres no need to lie about it..
    test
  11. nwo504

nwo504 Rawtunez

Thats how it goes in any industry. Look at Bill Gates, dude is one of the richest people in the world off of something he didnt even make.

I don't understand why would you give a well known producer your beat in the first place. I guess some people wanna get in the game at all costs.
    test
  12. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

Thats what Diddy's been doing for yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears. I'm surprised some cats just found out about this type of business. It's like that old school movie, "Dancing in the Rain" I think. My advice is if you're happy without the fame and making potentially a lot less than what you would be making with the fame is to try to start a label and produce for cats who you can work with and possibly get somewhere. That way you PAY UR DUES. Not by being someones bitch. Just my opinion. I hate it enough when people try to take credit for shit that I did, so I don't think I'll ever ghost produce.

Pz
    test
  13. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

the difference is that it is publicly known that Bill Gates didn't invent what it is you're referring to. publicly, everyone assumes Jazze Pha made that beat (if indeed he really did not). publicity is a MAJOR part of any multi million dollar industry, worth perhaps more than money itself in some situations.

I fully understand why you'd give up your beat. you're cheating the system - you avoid having to build up your own reputation and your own company, by selling yourself short. if anything, those are the guys who are pimpin the ones with the name.. they just don't make the right moves after they place the track..
    test
  14. nwo504

nwo504 Rawtunez

If the producer appears on a track people will automatically assume they produced it.

Lil John- Lets Go
    Cam feat Kanye- Down and Out
    Jazzie pha- Goodies
    test
  15. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

kanye made down and out
    test
  16. Gamshooter

Gamshooter New Member

I had someone do that 2 me, its mad GAY

i dont see how u can take someone elses work then say u did it
    test
  17. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

nah, Brian "All Day" Miller did, he also did "Breathe in Breath Out" off the College Dropout
    test
  18. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

where is the proof he did breaathe. That smells like bullshit. Just blaze did that. And I doubt he needs to get ghost produced for when doing his own style
    test
  19. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Nah i aint talkin bout the fabolous joint, "breathe iin breathe out" (Kanye, Ludacris) , he was credited 4 that

he also did Down & Out for Cam'Ron and "Hold Me" for Mashonda, Kanye shouted him out @ the end
    test
  20. The Militant

The Militant New Member

theres more to producing than beatmaking tho
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.