Making beats while using substances....

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by BPINCdef, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

How many people here have made beats drunk, high, trippin, rollin, whatever is your drug of choice and on top of that how many people use these substances to enhance their beats???

If i make beats high....i always turn the bass up too high but make either like southern club shit or underground shit
    If i make beats drunk (granted im usually partying so this has only happened if i came home early for whatever reason so like twice) i simply cant even pay attention to what im doing so i just end up doing something else

and i havent used and dont tend on using any other drugs but pretty much weed n alcohol did absolutely nothing that made my beats awesome but i know some cats who swear by making beats blunted
    test
  2. Track Wrecka

Track Wrecka Productions

my problem is i'm always lit... i smoke entirely too much, and although i recognize that i'm still smokin a blunt right now, and making a beat. I don't know if it makes my music better or not tho.

i dont drink really, and i've attempted making a beat a fter i cam down from a dip... it was weird as shit, and i didnt accomplish anything, lol.
    test
  3. I-ki

I-ki New Member

im weird yo. When i smoke weed, i just feel fuked up and cant make beats. But when i drink a pop or coffee then I become creative. I guess it has to be a mix of both.
    test
  4. ChaseNCashe

ChaseNCashe If it aint Polo, Keep It!

This Cali weed be having me on some other shit...I make some heat when I'm on that Bubble Gum Kush mixed with Purple
    test
  5. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

im more creative when im high
    test
  6. Dskillz

Dskillz aka MG The Future

Sober Beats
    test
  7. Odd Man Outt

Odd Man Outt President of the South

i need some cali weed

damn i wish i was cool with one of u cali niggas
    test
  8. soniclabsaudio

soniclabsaudio New Member

i tend to spend alot more time in the studio working on music when im on pain killers. that and rockstar juiced energy drinks = a good night.
    test
  9. CompassSaviour

CompassSaviour Got no brain, goin insane

I tried making beats while i was on painkillers for a week, from my wisdom teeth... I couldn't concentrate at all. Other than that I've never attempted it, I only balze with other people around.
    test
  10. Afrika

Afrika Nemesis

Light dat Hash, Durban Poison, Malawi Blow, Swazi Gold or Northern Lights and ul hear sound u never knew u had ul be tweaking shit and making bananas sounds....lol
    test
  11. Duro-Lace

Duro-Lace New Member

Making beats while on some sticky is great, the music sounds wider, and its more felt.
    test
  12. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

I only make beats when im high. And when its that real good shit is when im at my best.
    i never make beats drunk i usually go out when i drink.
    test
  13. Turl

Turl Producer

i love makin beats drunk..
    test
  14. Nasty Chopz

Nasty Chopz ••••••

i believe i'm stoned on every beat i've made .... thats the way to go...i used to pop percocets or vicodins before a session but i'd notice that i'd run outta concentration after an hour of always goin out to smoke a cigarette....

and i dont drink while i make music.... i can't mix for shit intoxicated
    test
  15. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

ive never even tried to do any music while under the influence
    never been drunk before, i guess because i come from a long line of alcaholics

edit. actually i dont smoke neither. ever.
    test
  16. Nyndiem

Nyndiem 9DM

Its all about that Dro...can't go wrong...that shit sets me off when I freestyle too
    test
  17. Auditory

Auditory New Member

im same way, i dont think i've ever made a beat drunk...im just uninterested...i dont have enough patience when im drunk. If i come home too early and im still faded im usually going through my phone book for something to do

As for weed, i used to smoke a lot more then i do now and when i was smoking i made a a good number of beats high. But for the most part when i make beats high i end up just making sounds, tweaking synths and shit and really never get anywhere. What i do like to do though is make a beat sober, and then listen to it when im high (For some reason when i hear shit high it kind of feels like hearing it as if you weren't the person who made it) and then go back and add shit after i've heard it high.

On shrooms i've never made beats, i can't concentrate...and well...im on shrooms.

On ecstacy it's the same issue with drunk. if im on E im at the club or if i come home too early (Which in most cases coming home at 5-6 in the morning is still too early) im going through my phonebook calling bitches

I've only done coke twice but that seems like the type of drug that might be good to use while making beats

So to some things up i make most my shit sober
    test
  18. Auditory

Auditory New Member

ooohh but i have recorded people drunk. We'd all get faded (drunk and high usually) before a session and id be the engineer and i can honestly say everytime we've done this we never ended the night with a finished song
    test
  19. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

son that ecstacy is gonna fuckin kill you
    what are you doing?
    test
  20. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

lol X isnt going to kill him
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.