Make your Ultimate 2008 Predictions

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Mac Sabbath, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Of course you were... Is that your weak attempt at a backdoor escape route? Dumb...
    test
  2. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

ben official 8-2
    knowledge 7-3
    Maca 7-3
    profane 7-3
    jayoo 6-4
    rooster 6-4
    andthemc 2-1
    mark eaton 4-6
    noble 4-6
    Memento 1-4
    test
  3. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

^^^ loss column is what matters most so I guess I win... hahaha... j/k
    test
  4. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I'm still surprised Mur and Rashad actually did what I thought they would.

I'm wondering what Instant legend would have to say about that fight if he were here.
    test
  5. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

Reports are he had Staph infection before the fight. Now i know there are gonna be people coming in here and telling me to stop making excuses. But i think it was obvious Nog was not Nog and if he did in fact have Staph before the fight that would play a huge roll in my opinion. For me this win was tainted. I've never seen Mir this good but i've never seen Nog that bad. I'll hold judgment for a rematch if i ever get to see one. I dont think it was a GSP/Serra type situation where one mistake dictated the fight but i imagine Nog will win in a rematch.
    test
  6. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Part that worried me about Nog was that he really wasn't even trying any offense. I've heard his strategy was to wear down Mir, but certainly he realized Mir was scoring a little too much for that.

I still like Nog and all, but I've thought for a while now that someone with some decent power that wasn't afraid of his guard would ground and pound him out.
    test
  7. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Exactly... He was probably the first person since Fedor that was talented enough with the jits to not be scared of Nog's guard. That's why I predicted Mir to win...

And again, even watch MMA Live on ESPN.com. Even Florian was talking about how Nog hasn't had the greatest head movement his whole career so someone who had some power and striking ability would be able to land on 'em. I still don't understand how it was such a shock that he got beat on the feet. I didn't think it would be that bad but it's happened a lot in Nog's career to not great stand up opponents...
    test
  8. Vividescription

Vividescription New Member

I thinks Nog's strategy was to use his chin to wear Mir down. That did not work
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.