Make your Ultimate 2008 Predictions

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Mac Sabbath, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knowledge

Knowledge Guest

shit that's a hard one man... I could see it going the distance even.. but I'll say 2nd round he gets chocked via the neck some how... I really don't know to be honest though, cause I know Nog did some boxing for a while & I'm not sure how good Mir is on his feet these days... It'll be interesting to see if Nog tries to keep it standing, I doubt it but it could happen... I think they have fairly the same stamina level so with it being five rounds & they will both get tired... I'll just stick with a 2nd round submission but I wouldn't put a dime on it as a bet. lol
    test
  2. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

the rubber guard is amazingly effective it just needs to be properly executed

and.. im mad i picked forrest because as i sat with my people to watch this i was all about rashad evans, saying hes the future of the 205 division
    test
  3. jayoo

yeah nogueira is done.. look at him, what 32 year old looks like he does facially or even in his body? he looks as if hes 15 years older than he is, AT LEAST.. which is sad because he was one of the best to do it, especially on the ground, i just think his time came and went faster than most peoples, he peaked very early and this was a wake up call sadly enough, hopefully he goes all into training because he can definitely help improve peoples game in the gym
    test
  4. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Stop making excuses... Again tryna downplay Mir's win and making excuses for why ya'll prediction didn't go right. Nog in his prime mighta taken a L the way Mir was striking... The reason he won a lotta the fights after he got knocked down was because the people he fought weren't as good of jiu-jitsu fighters. Fedor was one of the few fighters that knocked him down that actually has pretty strong jiu-jitsu and he never even got close to tapping him and got his ass pounded. MIr was not going to get submitted by Nog so once he knocked him down and as long as Mir avoided the submission, he was very capable of getting the win. HE JUST DID IT. PERIOD...
    test
  5. jayoo

^DID I EVEN MENTION MIR? get off my fucking cock holy shit, you are so obsessed with frank mir that its not even funny you seriously need to seek help, im 1 post away from just blocking everything you say so im barred from the stupidity you type every fucking time
    test
  6. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

You're a complete idiot. YOU DON'T HAVE TO MENTION MIR MORON. ALMOST ALL OF YA'LL HAD NOGEUIRA WINNING THIS... Fact of the matter is, YOU ARE DOWNPLAYING MIR'S WIN. Before the fight, none of you guys were talking about any of this... It was all: "NOG WON'T GO DOWN... HE HAS BETTER STAND UP... HE HAS BETTER JIU-JITSU"

Mir proved all of ya'll wrong. Now you have to make excuses for why Nog lost. So that is downplay what Mir did, which is BEAT THE SHIT OUTTA NOGUEIRA... Dumbass...
    test
  7. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

::accidentally double posted:: Delete this one...
    test
  8. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

mir definitely proved me wrong. i was extremely impressed by mir last night. he gained a lot of points in my book. i really thought he was on the down fall after his accident but that was an amazing performance.

we aren't idiots for predicting it the way we did, honestly you'd have to be crazy not to predict it otherwise... nobody knew mir's standup was that improved and nog didn't look like he was in that fight at all last night. he lost that fight before he stepped in the octagon.
    test
  9. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I really really have to disagree with that. Ya'll talking about his stand up being bad was based on assumption. Like I've said before, ya'll have no seen Mir's stand up. He ends his fights within the first few minutes of the fight and it's usually on the ground. Honestly, how many times have you seen Mir stand up?

THE ONE TIME HE DID, he DESTROYED Wes Sims and looked EXTREMELY impressive. Again, he's been training martial arts since 4. I thought ya'll were overexaggerating Nog's stand up advantage over Mir. I even stated that. I was right. Did I think Nog's hands were going to be better? Yes... HE BOXED SINCE A LITTLE KID. But did I think his overall stand up was better? No... I thought it was by a little but even on my break down, I said: "Nog has the hands and Mir has the kicks..."

And I'm not calling everyone idiots for their predictions. I'm calling the ones that didn't give Mir a chance and completely downplayed his victory even after the domination: idiots....
    test
  10. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

Honestly some people are going to make excuses for Nog. But you have to look at it rationally. Nog losing the way he lost was a complete surprise. Anyone who thinks thats how it was gonna go down cant be serious in my honest opinion. But i said it in another post and i'll say it again Mir impressed the hell out of me. he looked better then he's ever looked ever against the best opponent he's ever faced. And Nog looked worse then he's ever looked ever to a guy i wouldnt say was the worst by a long shot but i sure as hell would not say he's the best. Nog looked terrible and Mir looked fantastic thats just the truth right there.
    test
  11. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

He briefly stood with Vera before getting his ass handed to him. Wes sims hardly proves his stand up prowess. Now what he did to Nog verifies his ability to stand.
    test
  12. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

And the question becomes: "Did Mir make him look terrible?" And HONESTLY: I think that's what happened...

Fedor made Nog look terrible... Mir did the same...

It's like when an elite pitcher is at the mound... Let's say Johan Santana... And at the plate is... hmmmm... Albert Pujols. And Santana strikes out Pujols on 4 pitches. He just made Pujols look terrible but is Pujols not one of the best batters in the league? OF COURSE HE IS...
    test
  13. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Vera doesn't even count... His first three fights after his comeback shouldn't be used to judge the ability of Frank Mir. Again... AT THE TIME, he was a suicidal, depressed, drunky who didn't wanna fight anymore and didn't even believe he could fight anymore....

Judge him from Roberto Traven to Tim Sylvia... Then from Hardonk to Nog... In that time, when he's had to use his stand up, he's look good...
    test
  14. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

I actually agree his fight with Vera shouldnt count But the problem with Mir is you have to hunt a pick which fights your gonna judge his ability on because of his accident and because of his complete lack of training at times. he's alot like BJ Penn where you have to add a disclaimer to him every fight. If he does this then.......
    test
  15. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

Fedor made Nog look like he couldnt be killed even if you brought a hammer into the ring with you. Fedor made himself look like a monster because he brutalized the at the time best HW ever. Nog never looked like an inferior fighter compared to other HW's just Fedor. Mir looked liked he was fighting a shell of a man who had no clue how to defend a one-two.

im just trying to add a non biased prospective to this discussion. Im not trying to discredit Mir at all he looked great. He's looked really strong in a bunch of his fights there was a time when people believed him to be one of if not the best HW fighter in the world so him beating Nog wasnt that far fetched. I just think the way it happened would have been quite a far fetched prediction.
    test
  16. jayoo

LMAO... 2 HUGE differences there buddy..

mir made him look terrible? so your saying no other fighter could of took the nog that stepped into the octagon last night? really? i think kongo or mostapha could have worked nog last night the way he was moving honestly..

and fedor only made nog look terrible in COMPARISON to him.. nog was considered the best HW at the time.. he would have beat any other HW on either of them days he fought fedor, easily.

whats gonna be even funnier to me (and sad because im a nog fan) is when he loses another match, against some lackluster heavyweight.. its going to throw in your face the fact that mir only beat nog because hes washed up.
    test
  17. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

WRONG BUDDY... Cuz Nog wouldn't have been weary to take either of them down and fight on the ground with either of 'em and sub 'em... Huge difference when you're actually fighting an elite submission guy and guys that aren't half as good as Mir on the ground...

Let's see: did Nog even remotely attempt to take the fight to the ground while getting his ass whooped? Even when getting pieced up, did you see him shoot whatsoever? History shows that when Nog is getting pieced up, he goes for the clench 'n tries to get the fight on the floor... AGAIN, proving you know very little about MMA.

That's a basic MMA strategy... When you getting pieced up on the stand up and you're fighting someone who doesn't have the greatest ground game, you take it to the floor... NOG DIDN'T DO THAT FOR A REASON...

And that shows how little you know. He was considered the best heavyweight in PRIDE. Couture was still fighting at that time, if you remember and was still arguably one of the best heavyweights at the time as well... It's funny how you make it seem like he was by far thee best heavyweight... And I'm the noobie to MMA?

And we'll see... This is all assumption. We'll see when Nog fights someone who's half as good on the ground and Nog takes punishment but decides to take the fight to the floor and subs them (being most heavyweights aren't good at BJJ).... Again, with your lack of MMA knowledge, you seem to disregard all this...

If you watch the postfight conference, Nog even said that Mir's first few combos really changed his entire strategy. He said Mir hits hard and had extremely heavy hands....
    test
  18. jayoo

damn it must suck to know that other UFC fighters also think nog is washed up and thats partially why mir was able to beat him like that.... ahhhhhh i love it
    test
  19. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

i dont think people are down playing mir (at least from the few comments i read). nog didnt look in it that fight. simple as that. he didnt take the fight as serious as he should have and that really showed.

not to take anything away from mir's performance. i was extremely, extremely impressed with him last night. he looked fantastic.

i think all of the "i called it haaa haa your wrong im right" is retarded tbh. you said it yourself nog's hands were better than mir's and the only advantage standing was to mir's kicks. mir barely through any damaging kicks (did he throw any that connected? i cant remember).

vegas had mir at +500. everybody was shocked by this fight. if mir submitted nog you have all the right to laugh in our face and say how right you were, but this was totally unexpected.

mir brought his A game last night, nog didn't, mir looked fantastic, nog looked terrible, mirs a great fighter and i totally underestimated him. he really dedicated himself for the fight and it showed a lot.
    test
  20. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

It must suck that you're so pathetic that you use ONE UFC fighter you CLAIM to know and speak of FIGHTERS in plural like you spoke to other UFC fighters... ahhhhh... you're dumb...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.