Make your Ultimate 2008 Predictions

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Mac Sabbath, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Main card

Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Forrest Griffin vs. Rashad Evans
    Interim Heavyweight Championship bout: Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Frank Mir
    Light Heavyweight bout: Quinton Jackson vs. Wanderlei Silva
    Middleweight bout: C.B. Dollaway vs. Mike Massenzio
    Heavyweight bout: Cheick Kongo vs. Mustafa Al Turk

Preliminary card

Middleweight bout: Yushin Okami vs. Dean Lister
    Heavyweight bout: Antoni Hardonk vs. Mike Wessel
    Light Heavyweight bout: Matt Hamill vs. Reese Andy
    Welterweight bout: Brad Blackburn vs. Ryo Chonan
    Heavyweight bout: Dan Evensen vs. Patrick Barry

Question: would it help if I posted facts or something along with these for people you might not know?
    test
  2. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Main card

Preliminary card

test
  3. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Rashad Evans
    Frank Mir
    Wanderlei Silva

Those are the only ones I'm really interested in. Cheick Kongo is a monster though...

It's crazy how in the UFC you can go from one of the main events to not making the main card (Matt Hamill)...
    test
  4. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

test
  5. Main card

Preliminary card

test
  6. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

thank you for keepin it goin we wont let this shit slouch out

Main card

Rashad Evans (HATE betting against forest because everytime you do he just wins...but rashad has had some crazy/brutal finishes of late....)
    Nog....i dont see how mir wins this fight and i really like the guy.... he is good at everything also outclassed at everything here
    Wanderlei Silva.... slams mental issues go to work on himself as wandy wraps up the trilogy with a KO
    Mike Massenzio.... i just think dolloway is a douche bag
    Mustafa Al Turk... huge upset if it goes down

Preliminary card

Yushin Okami - dean cant squirm forever
    Antoni Hardonk - standing KO
    Matt Hamill - in battle of retard-strength wrestlers
    Ryo Chonan- "bad" has some big wins but chonan is about to hit his prime or is in it already
    Dan Evensen - ive tossed a time .... a few times.... oh but in my picks tossed a coin and this queer won the toss

Question: would it help if I posted facts or something along with these for people you might not know?

if people cant go to sherdog and read an occasional article....dont tune into most major events or dvr them.... or even come in here then fuck em.... let em do their own footwork

cut throat sport, cuthroat rules lol
    test
  7. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

trust me pimp, the ufc is VERY interested in the outcome of this fight... a surprising amount of fans maybe too, myself included
    test
  8. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Yeah... One of my boys trains Muay Thai with Hamill in upstate New York... He was sayin' how disappointed they were in the fight against Franklin and how they practice kick defense and he didn't utilize any of 'em...
    test
  9. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

Main Card

Forrest Griffin
    Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira
    Quinton Jackson
    C.B. Dollaway
    Cheick Kongo

Preliminary card

Yushin Okami
    Antoni Hardonk
    Matt Hamill
    Ryo Chonan
    Dan Evensen

only ones im really feelin unsure about.. is griffin, and rampage..

i think rashad is proving himself time and time again but griffin is such a rough fighter.. dude goes 90% in sparring, takes shots like ive never seen and doesn't ever stop cardio wise.. not to mention hes got a pretty sick ground game.. i think if griffin doesnt let him dance around throughout the entire fight hes going to take this.

and rampage.. well he already took 2 losses to wanderlei.. but for some reason i feel like the 3rd time is his charm haha, i know hes got a lot of personal shit goin on in life, after his loss to griffin and his little run from the 5-0 lmao but i think hes gonna pull it together and come out better than he has in the past..
    only thing is.. i feel like rampage needs to put him away before 3, and punching wise it can happen.. but i dont see it happening.. watching wanderleis old IVC barefist fights.. dude is a straight G..

oh and im not sure if i got my facts right.. nog hasnt been tapped or knocked out before has he? i got him to win, im overly confident in him, but im feelin like... if he do lose, it's going to be to sub, i dont know why.
    test
  10. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I bet it seriously hurts Hamill because his corner really can't shout things and encourage him. Guy's all alone in the fights.

Logic tells me Nog will win, but for some reason I smell an upset. People oversell his chin because some poor fighters in the past allowed him to recover, and although he's technically better at stand up he isn't really known for his knockout power.

and I've sucked at these predictions in the past, so hopefully I'm not jinxing Wandy by picking him.
    test
  11. jayoo

i would agree with nog if i hadn't seen fedor land some of the most devastating ground punches ive ever seen in my life in their first fight, just complete weight coming down, not to mention fedor is considered one of the hardest ground an pound hitters in mma

i mean.. that was awhile ago, nog isn't even in the same shape as he was then, at least not physical look wise.. but i swear had that been anyone else they probably would have been out cold
    test
  12. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Yeah, I've always thought that too... That his corner can't coach 'em so that's gotta suck.

And I don't think Nog is gonna win. I disagree that people let 'em recover cuz in the fights with Fedor, he got BLASTED the entire fight... Mir has pretty good kicks and I think the fight is gonna end up on the ground no matter what. I think Nog's jiu-jitsu is nasty but I think it's overrated in comparison to Mir. Mir is explosive and can pull a submission from anywhere... Nog hasn't shown that. Different jiu-jitsu. My view is that Nog has to wait for the opponent to slip up. Mir sets you up and forces his opponents into shit and then gets 'em. Hence, Mir usually gets finishes early because he pushes the pace while Nog gets the pace pushed on him and looks for an opening to get someone...
    test
  13. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Yup... The exact fight I was talkin' about. And not "one of the hardest ground and pounders"... He is THEE BEST hardest hitting ground and pound fighter...
    test
  14. jayoo

i wanted to put the hardest ground and pound fighter, but when you make a definitive statement usually you got people comin at you on some "what are you joking??" shit you know? lmao

but i dunno.. i do agree mir is sick on the ground, hes proven himself well
    i just think nog is that dude, im not 100% set on his win, mir is dangerous, but i gotta roll with nog, im hype for this card, gonna be unreal.. so many good fights.
    test
  15. jayoo

[youtube]rF4kYz4dVMw[/youtube]

silva and nogueira sparring for their future fights (nogs being mir, not sure if they've matched silva up yet? far as i know they havent).. and is there any reason silva has no headgear and nogueira does? at first i thought maybe just silva training but nog throwin shots as well
    test
  16. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

^^^ Maybe cuz Silva's stand up is a lot better than Nog's? I dunno... I wondered the same thing when I saw this earlier last week....
    test
  17. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

test
  18. jayoo

thats what i was thinking, but at the same time.. silva is 185, probably 200 in the video though being he hasn't cut weight yet, and nog probably around 230+.. which weight means everything when your both talented fighters.. i mean, as good as silva is i would expect headgear, maybe hes just never been about the headgear? i dunno.. maybe it forces him to be more elusive.
    test
  19. jayoo

test
  20. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I'm kinda surprised Hamill's fight isn't on the main card.

Yeah, Nog did take Fedor's punches. That's true. but recently in the Sylvia and Herring fights he got rocked but his opponents didn't really even attempt to capitalize.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.